Game Day: Pistons (31-39) @ Suns (19-52), Tues 3/20/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Pistons (31-39) @ Suns (19-52), Tues 3/20/18

Post by ShelC »

I'd settle for a Giannis Harden or LeBron Durant. Either may be around at 15.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We are definitely kicking ass at tanking. We should get somebody good. We need our PG of the future more than anything else.

I wish I could meld Jackson and Bender. Jackson is overly aggressive and Bender is under aggressive. Bender did have a few drives to the basket, which shocked me and Jackson is learning how to control his aggression some.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:We are definitely kicking ass at tanking. We should get somebody good. We need our PG of the future more than anything else.

I wish I could meld Jackson and Bender. Jackson is overly aggressive and Bender is under aggressive. Bender did have a few drives to the basket, which shocked me and Jackson is learning how to control his aggression some.
I think what we need more than anything else is any starter at the 1, 4, or 5 that raises the basketball IQ of this team, and can take pressure off Booker (on offense). I would love to find two of those guys in this draft, but I would be happy if we swing with all 3 1st round picks and get a solid hit with one of them. (Is that just a jaded Suns fan talking, or should we really expect to get hits often with 1st rounders?)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:We are definitely kicking ass at tanking. We should get somebody good. We need our PG of the future more than anything else.

I think what we need more than anything else is any starter at the 1, 4, or 5 that raises the basketball IQ of this team, and can take pressure off Booker (on offense). I would love to find two of those guys in this draft, but I would be happy if we swing with all 3 1st round picks and get a solid hit with one of them. (Is that just a jaded Suns fan talking, or should we really expect to get hits often with 1st rounders?)
If we keep all 3 picks, which I see as unlikely, I'd shoot for a star with the first one, this is kinda obvious, but I'd be fine just landing solid rotation guys with the other two.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Can anyone tell me what the % is of players since 1995 taken between 6-20 that end up playing more than 15 mpg for at least 10 years in the league? That seems to be when the current method of drafting guys more for potential than what they showed through 4 years of college seemed to really get going.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Basketball-ref to the rescue. About 42% of the guys taken between 1995- 2008 with picks 6-20 have played in 600 career games. That was actually higher than I expected.

I was also surprised that only 70% of top 5 picks in that range made it to 600 games.