Game Day: Suns (19-54) @ Magic (21-51), Sat 3/24/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day: Suns (19-54) @ Magic (21-51), Sat 3/24/18

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
EDC wrote:There it is. Feels kinda dirty to be cheering for the loss but f*** it we need the best odds we can get.
No we don't. Ayton may not even be the best player from this draft.
It will probably be some guy we pass on who goes like 9th and then everyone will get mad because McD somehow missed on the next great star. That is how it goes for this franchise.
What makes you go with Bamba for your avatar?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:I didn't realize how athletic Super Mario is. He's starting to come into his own this year.
He has shown signs of life this year once the Magic declined his 4th year option, but he still hasn't been able to be consistently effective. Probably a notch or two above Bender.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote: - Aaron Gordon had a huge game, which means that McDo probably got excited and will now want to bring him here and max him out.
Gordon has all the talent in the world; it is just a matter of whether he can put it all together. He has to keep improving his shot. He needs to take another step forward as a rebounder. And he needs to be more consistent making plays on the defensive end.

He really should be a more explosive and offensively proficient version of AK47. That's his ceiling. His floor is a poor man's Blake Griffin. Look how that's working out for Detroit.

EDC

Post by EDC »

INFORMER wrote:
EDC wrote:There it is. Feels kinda dirty to be cheering for the loss but f*** it we need the best odds we can get.
I don't want to be first to pick Ayton. I want to be first so we get our choice. Hopefully that is Doncic. :)

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
It will probably be some guy we pass on who goes like 9th and then everyone will get mad because McD somehow missed on the next great star. That is how it goes for this franchise.
Ridiculous length, great defensive timing, mobility, he's a smart kid, once he fills out I think he's gonna be a Gobert type game changer.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Bender was so bad in this game. His teammates don't have any confidence in him and constantly look him off when he's open at the 3 point line. I think he needs to be benched for a game, similar to how Triano benched Jackson. Anything to try to get him going for the last handful of games.

2 things Bender does that drive me nuts:
- "fake contests" Basically he'll put his hand up to contest his own man's shot or run out a shooter and do the same, but his hands are always up a split-second too late, so there's no actual impediment to the shot and no shot of blocking it either.
- "useless cuts" He'll make a hard cut down the lane, sometimes after a faked screen, but not actually put his hands up or show any interest in getting the ball on the move, rendering the cut useless beyond dragging the defender away.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

INFORMER wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Ridiculous length, great defensive timing, mobility, he's a smart kid, once he fills out I think he's gonna be a Gobert type game changer.
I agree.