Game Day: Suns (19-57) @ Rockets (61-14), Fri 3/30/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Danimal

Re: Game Day: Suns (19-57) @ Rockets (61-14), Fri 3/30/18

Post by Danimal »

Suns stink it up in 4th quarters when they have a lead. Someone either jacks up a shot too early or they run down the clock and attempt a lazy pnr. Seems to be that way since Bledsoe was around. Ej was complaining about it as they started it way to early. And they were constantly doing it with ullis not Jackson who is better at getting his shot off. The aim should always be to get good shots unless it’s super late in the game and you have a nice buffer. Boo

carey

Re: RE: Re: Game Day: Suns (19-57) @ Rockets (61-14), Fri 3/30/18

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:Had to miss this game but what a game by Jackson and a perfect loss. How does Peters play 27 minutes and not score a single point ???
Watching Bender too much?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:Suns stink it up in 4th quarters when they have a lead. Someone either jacks up a shot too early or they run down the clock and attempt a lazy pnr. Seems to be that way since Bledsoe was around. Ej was complaining about it as they started it way to early. And they were constantly doing it with ullis not Jackson who is better at getting his shot off. The aim should always be to get good shots unless it’s super late in the game and you have a nice buffer. Boo
Yep, definitely were running the clock down too far before making a move. Ulis is not good at that. It was great to see Jackson confidently hit the tie breaking bucket with 1.5 seconds left. I'd much rather have Jackson create than Ulis with the shot clock running down.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I refuse to root for losses, or call losses good after last year. It seriously eats at your soul. I want to win more than anyone and really wanted to see them win this one.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

By the way, for anybody that didn't watch, the Suns were winning wire to wire (tied late) until the last buzzer beating bucket (three).
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:I refuse to root for losses, or call losses good after last year. It seriously eats at your soul. I want to win more than anyone and really wanted to see them win this one.
Plus we have breathing room, with Memphis sitting on 21 wins and us at 19. We can afford another win, and last night would have been a fun time for it.

On the upside, the loss means we still have a “win to give” for these last five games.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Jackson was very smooth, and shot 6-9 in the second half. Notice the lack of FTA and assists? Houston was content to let him be just a scorer.

Ulis looked good, but really it was just a lack pressure from the Rockets.

Bender had a rough game.

Chriss had a nice game. Like Ulis, he shines when there is no pressure.

Troy Daniels actually hit his shots!

It was nice to see former Suns tucker and Green playing well for a contender.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

EDC

Post by EDC »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:I refuse to root for losses, or call losses good after last year. It seriously eats at your soul. I want to win more than anyone and really wanted to see them win this one.
Plus we have breathing room, with Memphis sitting on 21 wins and us at 19. We can afford another win, and last night would have been a fun time for it.

On the upside, the loss means we still have a “win to give” for these last five games.
We really don't have much breathing room. Atlanta plays the Magic next and that is there only winnable game. The Grizzlies only winnable game is against the Kings. We have both the Kings and the Mavs. Of course flukes happen but winning that game could have come back to haunt us. Although all we are talking about is percentages here and coming in last doesn't guarantee us anything except not dropping down below 4.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:Had to miss this game but what a game by Jackson and a perfect loss. How does Peters play 27 minutes and not score a single point ???
Not really involved in the offense. He never gets the ball in a position to score, and we don't really run plays for him either. Plus, he isn't really a one on one player.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

O_Gardino wrote:Jackson was very smooth, and shot 6-9 in the second half. Notice the lack of FTA and assists? Houston was content to let him be just a scorer.
Why wouldn't they be? No other threat on the court, save for Daniels. And they finally started crowding Daniels, which took him out of the game.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Still they lost by a C hair against Houston in Houston without half the roster. I like the losses at this point but, I wanted them to pull this one off. Sure Houston figured all they had to do was show up and get a victory and that wasn’t the case.

Jackson has really turned it on.

I am a game or two behind in the DVR department. March is always super busy for me.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Not really involved in the offense. He never gets the ball in a position to score, and we don't really run plays for him either. Plus, he isn't really a one on one player.
I just find it hard to believe that a big man who can shoot 3’s doesn’t get 1 three point shot to fall or even a simple putback on an offensive rebound in 27 minutes. Completely baffled. The worst attribute to me a player can have is to be completely invisible from a statistical standpoint. Just a complete nonfactor

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
I just find it hard to believe that a big man who can shoot 3’s doesn’t get 1 three point shot to fall or even a simple putback on an offensive rebound in 27 minutes. Completely baffled. The worst attribute to me a player can have is to be completely invisible from a statistical standpoint. Just a complete nonfactor
You've got to blame the player as well. It's up to him to get in a position to score and to have the confidence to let it fly. As we know, Bender suffers from this affliction as well. When he brings some energy and assertivness, it makes all the difference in the world.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
You've got to blame the player as well. It's up to him to get in a position to score and to have the confidence to let it fly. As we know, Bender suffers from this affliction as well. When he brings some energy and assertivness, it makes all the difference in the world.
Yup

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don't disagree.