Suns News: Week 25 4/2-4/10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 25 4/2-4/10

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:Yup, it's time for McD to show his mettle. Piss or get off the pot.
Did you do this on purpose? Implying that he sits down to pee? Lol.
Nah, I was just trying to use the less offensive idiom. :)
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hopefully if Booker wants out, we can get a great haul for him such as half a year of Greg Monroe and a heavily protected middling first-round draft pick.

Cap

Post by Cap »

It sounds like we’re putting a lot of pressure on McD to make impatient, short-sighted moves... like the ones that got us into this mess.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:Yup, it's time for McD to show his mettle. Piss or get off the pot.
Did you do this on purpose? Implying that he sits down to pee? Lol.
Nah, I was just trying to use the less offensive idiom. :)
The more offensive version would run into word filtering.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This is what I expect from McD: A solid first pick, and a roster that meshes well together rather than having multiple pieces that all have the same strengths and weaknesses. My number one requirement is to be able to look at the roster and not wonder whether 75% of the team will still be in the NBA 4 years later. Not expecting a 50 win team necessarily yet if the right pieces aren’t available.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

specialsauce wrote:This is what I expect from McD: A solid first pick, and a roster that meshes well together rather than having multiple pieces that all have the same strengths and weaknesses. My number one requirement is to be able to look at the roster and not wonder whether 75% of the team will still be in the NBA 4 years later. Not expecting a 50 win team necessarily yet if the right pieces aren’t available.
Well, I'm not expecting a 40-win team. I'd be happy with a 35-win team and improvement in the young players.

There will be no quick fix for this mess.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:It sounds like we’re putting a lot of pressure on McD to make impatient, short-sighted moves... like the ones that got us into this mess.
Dude...wtf? It's short sighted to not try to win this next year. TJ's extension starts this season and Booker's will start next year. The Suns need to start at least trying to put together a competent roster this off-season. They aren't going to have a miraculous amount of space more than this year, unless they push Booker's extension and only offer up 1 yr deals to middling vets this summer.

I'm not trying to paint McD or the Suns into a corner, but there is VERY little to gain from being ridiculously patient and tanking another year. I'm also not saying he should make dumb Hedo, Childress, and what's name type of deals either. They have to make sense in the long and short term to what is bring created.

I also don't have any "I want no part of so and so" type of mandates either.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Signing Avery Bradley and/or Aaron Gordon to major deals to make a "splash" and look like he's improving the roster would be god awful. I wouldn't condone that at all. Even if we won 42ish games, it'd be fools gold.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:Signing Avery Bradley and/or Aaron Gordon to major deals to make a "splash" and look like he's improving the roster would be god awful. I wouldn't condone that at all. Even if we won 42ish games, it'd be fools gold.
I certainly wouldn't be excited about Avery Bradley and only excited about Gordon in a certain scenario.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:Signing Avery Bradley and/or Aaron Gordon to major deals to make a "splash" and look like he's improving the roster would be god awful. I wouldn't condone that at all. Even if we won 42ish games, it'd be fools gold.
Totally agree with Bradley.

If we can get Gordon at a reasonable deal (not max but maybe somewhere in the teens), Id be all for it if we drafted Doncic.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:It sounds like we’re putting a lot of pressure on McD to make impatient, short-sighted moves... like the ones that got us into this mess.
For me, it's not about the win total so much as it is the makeup of the team. Do we have players who compliment each other? Are we giving tons of minutes to guys who will be out of the league next year? Do we have guys asking to be traded because of some shit all the fans saw coming?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:
For me, it's not about the win total so much as it is the makeup of the team. Do we have players who compliment each other? Are we giving tons of minutes to guys who will be out of the league next year? Do we have guys asking to be traded because of some s*** all the fans saw coming?
"Why, Dragan, your haircut looks ravishing."

"Oh, Devin, you absolute doll. And is that a new cologne I smell? It's so you!"

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
For me, it's not about the win total so much as it is the makeup of the team. Do we have players who compliment each other? Are we giving tons of minutes to guys who will be out of the league next year? Do we have guys asking to be traded because of some s*** all the fans saw coming?
"Why, Dragan, your haircut looks ravishing."

"Oh, Devin, you absolute doll. And is that a new cologne I smell? It's so you!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bradley would be a disaster, as you've seen his post Brad Stevens trash factory stats.

Gordon I am not opposed to, but we'd have to get a lights out shooting PG, and get rid of Chriss.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Dude...wtf? It's short sighted to not try to win this next year. TJ's extension starts this season and Booker's will start next year. The Suns need to start at least trying to put together a competent roster this off-season. They aren't going to have a miraculous amount of space more than this year, unless they push Booker's extension and only offer up 1 yr deals to middling vets this summer.

I'm not trying to paint McD or the Suns into a corner, but there is VERY little to gain from being ridiculously patient and tanking another year. I'm also not saying he should make dumb H**o, C*******s, and what's name type of deals either. They have to make sense in the long and short term to what is bring created.
I think there is a happy medium between "tanking" and making moves to get some more wins next year.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

specialsauce wrote:
Totally agree with Bradley.

If we can get Gordon at a reasonable deal (not max but maybe somewhere in the teens), Id be all for it if we drafted Doncic.
That's what I was thinking. But Orlando probably doesn't give Gordon up at a reasonable deal.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/984141636807487488

Warren doesn’t sound okay about possibly coming off the bench for Jackson.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Then please PLEASE trade him

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm ok with his answer. He obviously doesn't want to come off the bench but not many 20 ppg scorers would. Its going to happen eventually though, so he'll have to adjust, if we don't trade him first.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Split T wrote:I'm ok with his answer. He obviously doesn't want to come off the bench but not many 20 ppg scorers would. Its going to happen eventually though, so he'll have to adjust, if we don't trade him first.
I don’t want the Suns to have to deal with another disgruntled player again.