Around the League: Week 25 4/2-4/11

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: Week 25 4/2-4/11

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote: Yeah, I already gave up the dream, but hopefully it's for the best as McD didn't really want it this year anyway.
Yeah, why would we want it this year when there are actually a lot of really good players to choose from? :roll:
Haha, yeah I agree with that eye roll. The thought though is that it would be easier to use it as s trade piece for a good vet this summer if it doesn't convey this year. I agree though, as a #16 pick this year is equivalent to a possibly a #8 pick in previous years.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hasn't McD said he would not be using all 3 picks for us anyway? I think telling the world you will sell/trade the pick if you get it just devalues it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:Hate the Lakers but this is a cool story: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2310 ... les-lakers
And he went 4/5 from 3 and scored 19 points!
How did this Andre Ingram guy not get a chance before now. Career 46% 3pt shooter in g league over 10 years, shot 55% last year, 48% this year. What's the difference between him and Troy Daniels?
1" and 6 years.
Fair, but 6 years ago he was shooting 45% from 3 as well. Here's his 3pt numbers by year:

45%
47%
40%
46%
55%
45%
44%
50%
55%
48%

Just strange to me no one ever gave him a 10 day contract

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:Hate the Lakers but this is a cool story: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2310 ... les-lakers
How did this Andre Ingram guy not get a chance before now. Career 46% 3pt shooter in g league over 10 years, shot 55% last year, 48% this year. What's the difference between him and Troy Daniels?
1" and 6 years.
Fair, but 6 years ago he was shooting 45% from 3 as well. Here's his 3pt numbers by year:

45%
47%
40%
46%
55%
45%
44%
50%
55%
48%

I agree. It is really strange. Maybe he got a bad reputation and it stuck for some reason.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Split T wrote:
1" and 6 years.

45%
47%
40%
46%
55%
45%
44%
50%
55%
48%

I agree. It is really strange. Maybe he got a bad reputation and it stuck for some reason.
I find it amazing that he never got a 10 day contract, it's an unbelievable story, and all indications are he's a phenomenal teammate. It's also crazy to me how well he shoots the ball with his erratic and wild form on his shot.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:You guys still think Durant destroyed parity in the league?
Well, the general consolidation of superstars to a small number of teams doesn't seem to have been good for the NBA. OKC would be a much more interesting/deadly team if they had Durant. The superteam migration is mitigated somewhat by the Cavs' implosion and unwise dealing of Kyrie, and by Kyrie and Steph's injuries.

We still only have 3-4 teams with any real shot at the title. The Warriors and Rockets in the West, and the Cavs in the East. The big surprise has been Philly, who are probably too young to truly contend this year, but have looked amazing down the stretch.

If you didn't have the superteam consolidation, you could arguably have the following state of affairs out West:

- Warriors still great, but without Durant, and therefore more mortal;
- Rockets still as they are;
- OKC looking nasty with Westbrook and Durant doing their thing;
- several other teams like San Antonio, Minny, and Portland lurking.

You might say, that's not much different than it is now! But it is; it's a lot different. As it is now, the Warriors are so stacked that they can lose their 1st/2nd best player (Steph) and still arguably be the favorites to come out of the West. In my alternate reality, the Rockets or the Thunder (or even a healthy Spurs team with Kawhi) probably steal the West from them.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think we have the "dream team buddy" mindset for the creation of "super teams". These guys get more familiar with each other and play together in the international competitions and its easier for a James to join Miami with Wade or Durant to join Golden State with Curry or Paul to join Harden in Houston than it is to carry a team on their own.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

O_Gardino wrote:You guys still think Durant destroyed parity in the league?
Absolutely. And now only injuries can restore it.

Durant added the best pure scorer of his generation to a 73 wins team.

I have little doubts that LeBron could trade blows with the pre-KD Warriors, Magic-Bird style. But now he'll be lucky if he wins one more chip, unless he chooses to play elsewhere. Philly would be scary. Houston too.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nuggets v Wolves was good to
Joker is such a unique talent, again they get the gut punch on last night of season to miss playoffs
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

I'm not really interested in any of the 1st round series. I guess maybe Spurs v. Dubs?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984305020123451392

Hornacek is the first coach to be fired after the season.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:Image

I'm not really interested in any of the 1st round series. I guess maybe Spurs v. Dubs?
I’m looking forward to every series out west, and the heat sixers

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Wiz - Raptors could be fun too. Some history there.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984308765729153024

Knicks interested in Fizz, Blatt and Mark Jackson.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984310529060720640

The fact that James Dolan thinks this guy can be a good coach should tell you how bad he will up being.

I hope the Knicks hire him so Sarver’s dumb*** doesn’t **** s*** up again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:Nuggets v Wolves was good to
Joker is such a unique talent, again they get the gut punch on last night of season to miss playoffs
Yeah, it was a great OT game. Too bad the announcers gave away the outcome in the opening minutes of the game when they revealed that Jeff Teague had never not made the playoffs.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, and congrats to the TWolves for making the playoffs for the first time in 14 years! Makes me feel a little less bad about our recent and longest ever run of futility.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:Image

I actually think all of those series look really interesting. Lots of teams that could surprise us, like Philly or Utah or even Indiana.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The only series' I don't care for are Spurs-Ws, Blazers-Pelicans, and Sixers-Heat. Sixers-Heat would be fun if Embiid were playing but I think he's out. Otherwise, Bucks could knock off the Cs, Thunder and Jazz are going to kill each other with Mitchell/Rubio vs Westbrook and Gobert vs ADams. Pacers might play Cavs a tough 6 if Turner shows up to play but he's been a disappointment all year. Raptors-Wiz are the battle of the "mehs" but will be fun because it's become kind of a rivalry. Rockets-Wolves present some very interesting matchups in Teague vs Paul, Butler vs Harden, KAT vs Capela.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:Rockets-Wolves present some very interesting matchups in Teague vs Paul, Butler vs Harden, KAT vs Capela.
The Wolves/Nugs game was a shit show today. The Rockets will take them out in 5 or less.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.