Around the League: Week 25 4/2-4/11

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: Week 25 4/2-4/11

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:I agree. We are at a completely different stage though. They all have developed cohesive units. We just have a couple of shiny pieces. We have a long ways to go to compare ourselves to any of those teams.
You're right. I'm getting the cart before the horse. BTW, I honestly believe that the Suns being crappy the past few years was by design. McD subtly or not subtly tanked. I just hope the pick and players fall into place to make it worth it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

That's the second time this happens in NBB this year. The first one is a buzzer beater (and way , way harder than that one.)

[youtube][/youtube]

And for those of you joking, Paulinho Boracini actually practices his catch his own misses and shoots.

The guy guarding him is Alex Garcia, one of Brazil's best defenders (he played for the Spurs for a brief time).

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: I was just thinking about how a young core of (hopefully) Booker, Jackson, Ayton, and Young(along with possibly Warren &). It would be the best core, imo hands down.
:?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Furlanfufi wrote:And for those of you joking, Paulinho Boracini actually practices his catch his own misses and shoots.
I'm telling you now, this is the next step of analytics. Players who predict the location of missed shots.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote: I was just thinking about how a young core of (hopefully) Booker, Jackson, Ayton, and Young(along with possibly Warren &). It would be the best core, imo hands down.
Best "young" core in the West. Let me clarify, I think that all of them will pan out to be very good players to All-Star to near All-Star players.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984795288325025793

Clifford is out in Charlotte. I assume he'll definitely be a candidate for the Suns job.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984795288325025793

Clifford is out in Charlotte. I assume he'll definitely be a candidate for the Suns job.
Ahhh , should have checked her first before posting in the other thread lol.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:Ok, question for you all. After seeing the teams that made the playoffs and just missed.

Who do you think has the best young core in the West? Jazz, Trailblazers, Timberwolves, Nuggets, Lakers or someone else?
Great QOTD.

Timberwolves have the best group of young players, but if you count cap space, you can't ignore the Lakers. Jazz are 3rd.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

What do we consider young? Timberwolves have KAT and Wiggins and that's it. KAT I guess is the trump card, but Wiggins is a negative in my opinion. That contract is ugly. Denver with Jokic/Harris/Murray is pretty good. I do like Ball/Ingram/Kuzma as well. If they bring back Randle, that would add him to their core as well. As far as youth goes, Utah is just Mitchell/Exum. We're basically Booker/Jackson/Warren. Once you add our pick this year I'd put us 1st. Followed by Denver, LA, Minny, Utah.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We have nice young players but are missing that dynamic big who's a game changer. Wolves have KAT, Jazz have Gobert (who's 25), Lakers have Kuz and Ingram. We have Chriss and Bender.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:What do we consider young? Timberwolves have KAT and Wiggins and that's it. KAT I guess is the trump card, but Wiggins is a negative in my opinion. That contract is ugly. Denver with Jokic/Harris/Murray is pretty good. I do like Ball/Ingram/Kuzma as well. If they bring back Randle, that would add him to their core as well. As far as youth goes, Utah is just Mitchell/Exum. We're basically Booker/Jackson/Warren. Once you add our pick this year I'd put us 1st. Followed by Denver, LA, Minny, Utah.
I think you could add Gobert to Utah, that's pretty dang good, but I've lost any fandom of Mitchell because of his acts and Stans. I have a feeling that Exum might get picked up by someone else this summer.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:Ok, question for you all. After seeing the teams that made the playoffs and just missed.

Who do you think has the best young core in the West? Jazz, Trailblazers, Timberwolves, Nuggets, Lakers or someone else?
Great QOTD.

Timberwolves have the best group of young players, but if you count cap space, you can't ignore the Lakers. Jazz are 3rd.
Jokic is a monster, a one man offense, and their two guards are good. Millsap was supposed to raise their level, but has played less than half the season. Malone is questioned at the moment and might not make it to next season.

Utah is terrific on defense, and Mitchell gives them the star punch they needed. They are well coached too and the players seem to love each other. Exum is a huge question mark, but he has looked quick and confident (lowkey RFA target).

Blazers are Lillard (in his prime; soon aged 28), CJ (26), Nurkic (23) and a couple of prospects (they love Collins, and I am a fan of Swanigan), but youth wise they are not in the sama league.

LAL doesn't have a superstar prospect, imo. Ingram, Lonzo and Kuzma, plus Randle, is nice but can't touch KAT or Jokic.

I guess I am leaning towards UTA-MIN-DEN---LAL, which, in fact is how the standings put them.

PHX could trump them all if they nail a top pick this draft. Booker and another superstar prospect would be better than the field.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I didn't consider gobert as part of Utah's youth, bit maybe I should have. That would move them up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Great QOTD.

Jokic is a monster, a one man offense, and their two guards are good. Millsap was supposed to raise their level, but has played less than half the season. Malone is questioned at the moment and might not make it to next season.

Utah is terrific on defense, and Mitchell gives them the star punch they needed. They are well coached too and the players seem to love each other. Exum is a huge question mark, but he has looked quick and confident (lowkey RFA target).

Blazers are Lillard (in his prime; soon aged 28), CJ (26), Nurkic (23) and a couple of prospects (they love Collins, and I am a fan of Swanigan), but youth wise they are not in the sama league.

LAL doesn't have a superstar prospect, imo. Ingram, Lonzo and Kuzma, plus Randle, is nice but can't touch KAT or Jokic.

I guess I am leaning towards UTA-MIN-DEN---LAL, which, in fact is how the standings put them.

PHX could trump them all if they nail a top pick this draft. Booker and another superstar prospect would be better than the field.
It would be fun to see what Booker and Ayton could do together.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Best "young" core in the West. Let me clarify, I think that all of them will pan out to be very good players to All-Star to near All-Star players.
I just don't see reason to include Trae Young. He is a suspect prospect at best. And Ayton could very easily become a big hinders an offensive with post play that is a thing of the past.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
I just don't see reason to include Trae Young. He is a suspect prospect at best. And Ayton could very easily become a big hinders an offensive with post play that is a thing of the past.
INF, I respectfully disagree with your scouting opinions on these two prospects.

I think Young spreads the floor, which relieves pressure on Booker, is an elite shooter and an elite ball handler with excellent to outstanding court vision.

I believe that the best of Ayton will be displayed in the NBA, as he has range outside the post, is good passer, elite athlete, rebounder, good free throw shooter, excellent footwork in the post, and I also believe that an era of a good center will come back and be valuable again.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm with INF on this one.

Trae Young is overrated and I'm skeptical about his ability to become anything more than a backup PG in the NBA.

I also like Ayton, he's as about as sure as it gets as a top 3 pick in the draft. But I'm not sold that he's a franchise changing player right now.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'm with INF on this one.

Trae Young is overrated and I'm skeptical about his ability to become anything more than a backup PG in the NBA.

I also like Ayton, he's as about as sure as it gets as a top 3 pick in the draft. But I'm not sold that he's a franchise changing player right now.
That's fine. It doesn't change my mind at all.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:It would be fun to see what Booker and Ayton could do together.
Absolutely. They could force the hand of the league and have to adjust to a one-two punch not seen since Kobe-Shaq. Put a bunch of 3D guys around them, one more creator (hopefully Jackson) and another scorer off the bench (perhaps TJ) and you have a scary proposition if properly coached under a system that gets the best out of these resources.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Kevin Love with something interesting remakes on Bronny.