Around the League: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Around the League: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Post by ShelC »

Meh.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm curious where the "meh" comes from. What don't you like about him?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Jokic isn't "meh."

I love Booker and essentially wouldn't trade him for anyone except for Giannis. But right now, if I am talking with the fans of the respective teams that have those players, I don't think I could objectively say my guy is better than your guy.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He just doesn't do it for me. Kinda like Marc Gasol. Nice player, I'd take him but I'm not building around him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:Jokic isn't "meh."

I love Booker and essentially wouldn't trade him for anyone except for Giannis. But right now, if I am talking with the fans of the respective teams that have those players, I don't think I could objectively say my guy is better than your guy.
I agree with all of that. I'm really looking forward to see what Booker will do with a competent coach and a solid team around him.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:

I agree with all of that. I'm really looking forward to see what Booker will do with a competent coach and a solid team around him.
You want him to leave Phoenix? :twisted:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If I was Devin I’d leave the second I could.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:

+1
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hermen wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You want him to leave Phoenix? :twisted:
ZING
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/amicohoops/status/987428725540179968

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:He just doesn't do it for me. Kinda like Marc Gasol. Nice player, I'd take him but I'm not building around him.
Jokic is incredible. I'm not sure you could build a more offensively skilled big man. He's like Larry Legend.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:I watched a little of the Will Cain show today, and it indirectly raised an interesting topic: would anyone of you put Devin Booker ahead of any of the following players:

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Donovan Mitchell
Ben Simmons
Nikola Jokic
Karl Anthony Towns
I would take Booker over Mitchell fairly easily, I can lean either way with Booker vs Jokic and Simmons. Jokic is amazing, but he can't really get his own shot if you need him to break someone down, and Simmons is kinda the opposite, he can break a man down, but there is no guarantee he is gonna make that shot, especially from deep since he's useless from there.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:

https://twitter.com/amicohoops/status/987428725540179968

If Bud wanted the Phoenix job, I'm sure he could've had it. I think he's looking for a job with big name recognition or a spot with a ton of power. New York has no problem handing the reigns to coaches who shouldnt be GM's.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

NY isn't handing power over to anyone. NY will pay for the name; not sure Budz is it and they're certainly not giving up power to him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:He just doesn't do it for me. Kinda like Marc Gasol. Nice player, I'd take him but I'm not building around him.
Jokic is incredible. I'm not sure you could build a more offensively skilled big man. He's like Larry Legend.
You had me until the end. I'm guessing you didn't grow up watching Larry Bird. Bird is an all-time top 10 basketball god. Jokic is half the offensive player Bird was.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:NY isn't handing power over to anyone. NY will pay for the name; not sure Budz is it and they're certainly not giving up power to him.
I get the feeling Dolan and Sarver are a lot alike.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
You had me until the end. I'm guessing you didn't grow up watching Larry Bird. Bird is an all-time top 10 basketball god. Jokic is half the offensive player Bird was.
My family is from New England, so yes, I watched my fair share of Bird, more than most. You think Jokic is meh, that is all I need to know about your evaluation of players.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

If you'd like, feel free to compare Jokic's age 22 season vs Bird's age 23 season. It's Bird like.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
My family is from New England, so yes, I watched my fair share of Bird, more than most. You think Jokic is meh, that is all I need to know about your evaluation of players.
I do? I think you have me confused with Shel. I actually really like him as a player. He's just no Larry Legend, one of the best basketball players of all time.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If you'd like, feel free to compare Jokic's age 22 season vs Bird's age 23 season. It's Bird like.
No thanks. He is nothing like Bird offensively, I don't care where your family came from. I actually watched him.
"Be Legendary."