Around the League: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Around the League: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If you'd like, feel free to compare Jokic's age 22 season vs Bird's age 23 season. It's Bird like.
No thanks. He is nothing like Bird offensively, I don't care where your family came from. I actually watched him.
:roll: :roll:
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Geez all this over Jokic lol?!?!?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If you'd like, feel free to compare Jokic's age 22 season vs Bird's age 23 season. It's Bird like.
No thanks. He is nothing like Bird offensively, I don't care where your family came from. I actually watched him.
Here's another hint for you. They play nothing like each other. Bird was a SF/PF and was very fluid and could get his shot off at any time, any where. Jokic is a big center and plays mostly around the basket but yeah, can hit the 3 pretty well but their play styles are nothing alike.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:He just doesn't do it for me. Kinda like Marc Gasol. Nice player, I'd take him but I'm not building around him.
Jokic is incredible. I'm not sure you could build a more offensively skilled big man. He's like Larry Legend.
You had me until the end. I'm guessing you didn't grow up watching Larry Bird. Bird is an all-time top 10 basketball god. Jokic is half the offensive player Bird was.
My family is from New England, so yes, I watched my fair share of Bird, more than most. You think Jokic is meh, that is all I need to know about your evaluation of players.
I do? I think you have me confused with Shel. I actually really like him as a player. He's just no Larry Legend, one of the best basketball players of all time.
I did confuse you 2 there, apologies.

And i didnt say he was Larry Bird. Birdlike is not the same thing. Not sure how you can't see that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Geez all this over Jokic lol?!?!?
No kidding. I wasn't aware that TOO was related.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

:lol: :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Jokic is incredible. I'm not sure you could build a more offensively skilled big man. He's like Larry Legend.
You had me until the end. I'm guessing you didn't grow up watching Larry Bird. Bird is an all-time top 10 basketball god. Jokic is half the offensive player Bird was.
My family is from New England, so yes, I watched my fair share of Bird, more than most. You think Jokic is meh, that is all I need to know about your evaluation of players.
I do? I think you have me confused with Shel. I actually really like him as a player. He's just no Larry Legend, one of the best basketball players of all time.
I did confuse you 2 there, apologies.

And i didnt say he was Larry Bird. Birdlike is not the same thing. Not sure how you can't see that.
TOO, let's agree to disagree. I really don't see Jokic as being Birdlike. He plays a totally different position and style.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Here's another hint for you. They play nothing like each other. Bird was a SF/PF and was very fluid and could get his shot off at any time, any where. Jokic is a big center and plays mostly around the basket but yeah, can hit the 3 pretty well but their play styles are nothing alike.
It's funny to me that you think Jokic plays mostly around the basket. He's fairly evenly split among all 3 zones based on his shot charts. But yeah, I'm the one who didn't watch one of the 2 players.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
I like basketball debates.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
It's funny to me that you think Jokic plays mostly around the basket. He's fairly evenly split among all 3 zones based on his shot charts. But yeah, I'm the one who didn't watch one of the 2 players.
I'm not looking at shot charts. Just watching on TV.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
It's cool. What else are we going to do until this Suns team is no longer lousy?
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
It's cool. What else are we going to do until this Suns team is no longer lousy?
We'll run outta players to debate about at this rate. :shock:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
True dat! :D It's too bad that all our excitement right now comes from the lottery, draft, coaching search, free agent signings and that kind of thing. It will be refreshing when (if) we get to talk about an exciting product on the court.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
There's new ones coming in each year, we'll be fine.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/knarsu3/status/988484818865356800

Interesting stuff. Possible FA target, Dewayne Dedmon had the lowest TS% allowed when switched onto a guard. Pretty impressive.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/988543279766691842

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm really interested to see what NO does with Cousins. I'm not convinced they're totally better without him, but it's pretty obvious that he's not a missing piece that will get them a ring. On the other hand, AD and Rondo have a strong connection with Cousins, so dealing him (sign & trade) or letting him walk (unlikely, IMO) might disrupt the locker room chemistry.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's weird that some people (not necessarily in this thread) think NO is somehow better without Cousins or that their strong performance without him means that they should trade him. The Warriors are playing well without Curry, but nobody talks about trading Steph. The Pelicans will only get better with Boogie back, and he has great chemistry with their other best players. When he is healthy again, they might just be a contender.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It's weird that some people (not necessarily in this thread) think NO is somehow better without Cousins or that their strong performance without him means that they should trade him. The Warriors are playing well without Curry, but nobody talks about trading Steph. The Pelicans will only get better with Boogie back, and he has great chemistry with their other best players. When he is healthy again, they might just be a contender.
They may think Mirotic is a better fit with AD than Cousins is. Or they prefer the pace the team is playing at since the injury (much faster). Or maybe they don't like Boogie's attitude (which SUCKS). Either way, if I remember correctly NO was playing very well prior to the injury and I was sad to see it happen. It would be interesting to see playoff Boogie. Now the question is how well he recovers from this injury, next season is probably more or less recovery time for him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cousins is 2010 Carmelo Anthony. So much talent, and he puts up unbelievable numbers. But he does a lot of things that hurt his team overall like not defending, missing a lot of lazy jumpers, being out of position on a lot of plays and killing spacing for the other guys, and keeping just a little tension in the locker room. It's hard to see a team win the title with him. Maybe if they have a true alpha HOF player in the locker room holding everyone accountable.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan