2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Aside from the first game, which I missed most of, today has been a snoozer.

I'm enjoying watching the Pels, but's just not competitive. The Blazers look completely lost.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Aside from the first game, which I missed most of, today has been a snoozer.

I'm enjoying watching the Pels, but's just not competitive. The Blazers look completely lost.
You missed the best part.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Aside from the first game, which I missed most of, today has been a snoozer.

You missed the best part.
I saw about half of the first quarter and then had to get some things done. I ended up being bored with the other two games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Man, it's fun to watch the Pelicans whop the Blazers. I don't hate the Blazers, but I've always felt that Lillard and McCullum are overrated, so it's fun to see Holiday owning them.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Last night's games were fun. I of course love to see the Warriors go up 3-0, though it doesn't feel like a fair fight against the depleted and mourning Spurs. Love seeing young Philly come into its own so quickly. And I also get great schadenfreude watching the Blazers get their asses handed to them.

I really hope Lebron and the Cavs get an L in Indiana, too.

carey

Post by carey »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/ReggieBullock35/status/987408012632625153

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JustWinBaby

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by JustWinBaby »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:Pelicans up 19 at the half. They are making quick work of Portland
26 with 10 min left in the game.
Yeah the Head Coach and his lead assistant that were dumped by Robert Sarver are both undefeated in the playoffs and possibly headed for a meeting in the WCF. The winner goes to the finals.

I hope that happens. While I love my man MDA I also really like Gentry as well. I am not sure whom I would root for in the WCF. I just want Gentry to finish off Thiobeau and beat the hell out of Kerr. That would be fantastic.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

TOO

Post by TOO »

This Cavs team is garbage. Not sure they win 20 games w/o LeBron.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bogdanovich having the game of his life.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:This Cavs team is garbage. Not sure they win 20 games w/o LeBron.
The Lebron haters are out of their minds. He’s all on his own out there, there’s just no way for him to win with this roster. It’s a miracle this game is close.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Chriss trade is looking pretty bad for us right now. Bogdanovich is a key starter on a playoff team. He is a dead eye shooter with a nasty streak and big balls. I doubt Chriss will amount to as much.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I really hate JR Smith. He’s a really dumb player.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Chriss trade is looking pretty bad for us right now. Bogdanovich is a key starter on a playoff team. He is a dead eye shooter with a nasty streak and big balls. I doubt Chriss will amount to as much.
Wrong Bogdanovich bro

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

specialsauce wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Chriss trade is looking pretty bad for us right now. Bogdanovich is a key starter on a playoff team. He is a dead eye shooter with a nasty streak and big balls. I doubt Chriss will amount to as much.
Wrong Bogdanovich bro
Lol :lol: :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wrong Bogdanovich bro
Lol :lol: :lol:
He wasn't serious, was he?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was serious. I'd had a few beers and got my Bogdanoviches mixed up.

BTW, super interesting games today. Pacers go up 2-1, and both Washington and Milwaukee stay alive in their series by winning at home to make those series 2-1 in favor of the home team (Boston and Toronto). I really want to see one of those series get competitive. My money would be on Milwaukee and not on Washington.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not putting any money on Bledsoe's team.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

specialsauce wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:This Cavs team is garbage. Not sure they win 20 games w/o LeBron.
The Lebron haters are out of their minds. He’s all on his own out there, there’s just no way for him to win with this roster. It’s a miracle this game is close.
LeBron the player is fantastic. Unfortunately he comes in a package with LeBron the GM, who is very much responsible for who he plays with.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Are there really any "Lebron haters"? Has anybody said anything other than that he's one of the very best players in NBA history, top-10 or top-5 at least? Would love to see a quote indicating otherwise.

Anybody who I've seen criticize Lebron has done so in the context of him being an all-time great player. Saying that he is not as good as MJ, or that he sometimes loses tough playoff games/series, things like that. Or they have been criticisms of his maneuvering off the court and behind the scenes, manipulating trades and hirings and firings and team changes. Or his circle and his connections to folks like Rich Paul and Maverick Carter.

None of that takes away that he's one of the best to ever play.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The big debate now is whether this is LeBron's worst team/supporting cast. I don't think it is by a longshot. The 06-07 team was trash. This team has Kevin Love, Jordan Clarkson, Rodney Hood, George Hill, Kyle Korver, even Larry Nance Jr and Jeff Green. Maybe some of those guys don't have playoff experience, but the talent is there. I asked last year and I'll ask again: How long can Tyronne Lue get a pass? I get he's in a near impossible situation having to coach LeBron and maybe that's why people won't criticize him. Maybe he's a likable guy so people go easy on him. But they run next to no offense and their defense is trash, yet coaching is never brought up with the Cavs.