2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by TOO »

Shoutout to Pushoff P for having more TO than PTS last night, what a superstar.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I enjoyed watching the Jazz beat OKC sooooooooooo much. Westbrook is cancer and I want him to lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs every season for the rest of his career. The guy is completely toxic and uncoachable and cannot be part of an actual winning team strategy.

I am also looking forward to the crumbling of OKC's team this offseason. Paul George has to be leaving now. And Melo will opt in and stay, which is delightful because he's a complete waste of $28 million of cap space. They might struggle to make the playoffs next year with that roster. LMAO!

This is all belated karma for leaving my fair former city of Seattle. A pox on their houses!
I agree with you Mori and I don't and never have lived in Seattle. How in the world does it make sense for Oklahoma City to have a NBA franchise while Seattle does not.

In addition, Presti has to be the most overated GM in the league. The talent that he has pissed away is amazing.

He traded James Harden and could not keep Kevin Durant. Why does he still have a job?

McDonough is a genius compared to this guy, I am kidding.

I know some of you will try to justify Presti, gimme a break. I expect that Paul George walks and that they will buy out Melo and his 28 Mil contract.

Russell Westbrook will easily average a triple double next year and OKC will not make the playoffs. All the NBA annoucners will go gaga over Russell even after he punches fans after games.

I was actually torn between the Jazz and Thunder in this series. One part of me wanted OKC to win so that Houston could embarass them in a 4 games sweep by more than 20 points in every game. Actually I wanted Houston to beat them by 50 points each night.

Should be a great series between the Warriors and Pelicans starting tonight - I hope no one gets injured and that it does not disappoint.

Is Rubio going to play against the Rockets? They really need him to have chance.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

What Presti demonstrates is that accumulating young talent is easier than forming that into a cohesive team and keeping it all together.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Jazz fans in particular are disrespectful:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/990109691668656128

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:The Jazz fans in particular are disrespectful:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/990109691668656128

Class act Russell - Nice to see you giving the opponents your congratulations after they kicked your ass. Your teammates did. If I missed something I apologize, not really.

jonh

Post by jonh »

I'd be curious to see a survey of the NBA players asking which fans are the most disrespectful, and whether fans differ in what they are disrespectful about. For example, maybe Utah fans are the most disrespectful about family topics, but Oklahoma City fans are known as the most racist fans.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Celtics handling the Bucks in the first. Marcus smart is guarding Jabari Parker, and Parker has no way to exploit that "mismatch." Bledsoe's maturity and leadership showing through as well.

Brown and Tatum are better than I ever expected.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bledsoe actually keeping the bucks in this

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Bledsoe with a tech and 3 fouls with 7 minutes left in the 1st half. I love this.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Bledsoe actually keeping the bucks in this
He's had a couple of baskets, but he's keeping the rest of the team out of the offense. 2 TO, 0 assists.

Split T

Post by Split T »

No one else is doing anything. He's made passes, they've just missed shots. Bucks are not losing because of bled, he's been their only source of offense.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Well so much for thinking the Pelicans had a legit shot against the Warriors.

Shut my mouth

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So much for the Bucks. They gave Boston a good series, but they can't feel too happy about losing to a team missing its two best players. The Bucks still have a long way to go to be elite in the East. I picked them to beat Boston because I figured eventually they would figure out that they had the best player in the series and just start feeding Freak the ball. But they didn't really do that. They need a coaching upgrade this offseason for sure.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I loved Stevens’ Celtics taking the series, a testament against that shallow notion that having the most talented players will guarantee you the victory, COACHING MATTERS, and hopefully the Suns Brass taked notice and starts funding and caring about having knowledgeable people at the helm, instead of looking for cheap cheerleaders and babysitters.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Bad start for Indiana. Took them 5 minutes to make a field goal.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

They can't stop James, Collison can barely dribble, and I don't understand why Indiana plays so slowly. That said, go Pacers! :)

Oh and rebounds, oh god, rebounds. It's like the last minute of OKC-Utah, except it lasts the entire first half.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Easiest way to beat the Cavs, let JR Smith get the ball. That dude is AWFUL.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lebron went into beast mode and forced a Game 7 win. He's an all-timer, and this was one of his more heroic games and series as a whole. But you can't be thrilled about this whole series if you're a Cavs fan. They barely beat a pretty mediocre Indiana team in 7 games. They might be able to beat Toronto, but a title run looks like a real long-shot for this Cavs team right now.

The brightest spot from this game has to be the game Tristan Thompson gave them. Don't know where he has been all series or why they haven't been playing him, but he was intense and energetic, all over the floor, gobbling up rebounds and just generally giving the Cavs a new wrinkle. I don't love Thompson's game, but when he's playing well he can be a valuable piece for them. They need more guys who have been there before and who they can count on.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Clarkson and Hood are red flags for the Cavs. They need them to shoulder some of the offensive load. Granted that others have to step up too (Love, Nance and to a lesser extent Hill), but those two are just a zero.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've never been a fan of Hood. Clarkson should be their Mo WIlliams/Lou Williams scorer. He's an x-factor and it's troubling they haven't gotten anything from him.

Again, I keep wondering how and why Lue gets a pass. George Hill is a veteran. He's a player. Clarkson is a player. Hood is a player. They'd had those guys a while now, they should be fully integrated.