2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by TOO »

Goaltending wouldnt have mattered anyway. Cavs still wouldve won by 1.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:Watching Mitchell in the playoffs makes me really long for the day Booker plays his first playoff series with the Suns.
I read this somewhere (maybe even here), but imagine how good Booker would be regarded league-wide if you switched the Utah and Phoenix rosters but kept Mitchell and Booker where they are.
I think people would wonder how the heck did Utah make the playoffs with that garbage.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:Watching it closely, it doesn't look like Oladipo hits it off the backboard first. Would have been clean to me.
Huh? Watch it a little more closely then. Maybe it wasn't obvious in real-time but it is in slow mo.
Looks like it was still in his hand when it supposedly hits the glass, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:Watching Mitchell in the playoffs makes me really long for the day Booker plays his first playoff series with the Suns.
I read this somewhere (maybe even here), but imagine how good Booker would be regarded league-wide if you switched the Utah and Phoenix rosters but kept Mitchell and Booker where they are.
I think people would wonder how the heck did Utah make the playoffs with that garbage.

That team is built to dominate defensively and Mitchell keeps them from bottoming out offensively. Booker is better than Mitchell offensively and would get a lot of credit for carrying a top seed on offense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

That team is built to dominate defensively and Mitchell keeps them from bottoming out offensively. Booker is better than Mitchell offensively and would get a lot of credit for carrying a top seed on offense.
Mitchell would stay where he's at in Utsh, but have Phoenix's roster in the playoffs. That's what I read and responded to.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

Mitchell would stay where he's at in Utsh, but have Phoenix's roster in the playoffs. That's what I read and responded to.
I don't think he meant switching now for the playoffs. Mitchell with the Suns roster obviously doesn't make the playoffs

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote: I read this somewhere (maybe even here), but imagine how good Booker would be regarded league-wide if you switched the Utah and Phoenix rosters but kept Mitchell and Booker where they are.

I don't think he meant switching now for the playoffs. Mitchell with the Suns roster obviously doesn't make the playoffs
The only person you can swap Booker with in the NBA that gets this roster to the playoffs is LeBron.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote: I read this somewhere (maybe even here), but imagine how good Booker would be regarded league-wide if you switched the Utah and Phoenix rosters but kept Mitchell and Booker where they are.

I figured. I was just joking, but obviously not very funny, haha.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:Watching it closely, it doesn't look like Oladipo hits it off the backboard first. Would have been clean to me.
Huh? Watch it a little more closely then. Maybe it wasn't obvious in real-time but it is in slow mo.
Looks like it was still in his hand when it supposedly hits the glass, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
That doesn’t matter.
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'd be really happy if D'Antoni managed to win a ring, even with Houston, which really shows how much I appreciate what he did in Phoenix. However, until he's able to do it, I'll always think that he'll come up short for the same reasons he has before.
Well I continue to repeat. The best coach certainly does not always win but by a wide margin the team with the best player or players almost always win. It is a players league.

Lebron has been in the finals like 8 straight years. What coach has he ever had that you think will make the HOF.

MDA will never go down in history as the best coach ever but he certainly is not the worst, as some Suns Fans suggest. If he somehow squeaks in a couple of titles, I expect he will make it to the HOF for that accomplishment and how his style of play has basically taken over the NBA.

The best thing about talking about him, is that it is a distraction from the crap going on with the current edition of the Phoenix Suns. I really am not in love with any of the candidates that we have interviewed to coach next years team, including Bud. I really do not think that it was a big loss that we did not get him.

I really hope that Gentry and D'Antoni make it to the WCF. I do not know who will win and I don't really care. It will be a win for me either way and great fun to watch. I think most Suns fans wish we still had either one of them.

I continue to stick by the Suns but it is not an easy task.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey JWB, you are repeatedly defending Mike D'Antoni from a supposed claim that he is the worst coach ever. I don't think anyone here is making that claim. He's an imperfect coach, but a very good one; and he did quite well in Phoenix, and he's doing a phenomenal job now in Houston. Is there anybody in this thread or on this site who is claiming otherwise? We're all on the same side on this one, is what I'm saying.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Hey JWB, you are repeatedly defending Mike D'Antoni from a supposed claim that he is the worst coach ever. I don't think anyone here is making that claim. He's an imperfect coach, but a very good one; and he did quite well in Phoenix, and he's doing a phenomenal job now in Houston. Is there anybody in this thread or on this site who is claiming otherwise? We're all on the same side on this one, is what I'm saying.
You know you could be right. I may be confusing this site with Arizona Sports Fan Network. There are posters over there that seem to have a personal vendetta against the guy.

If he would have a GM like he has in Houston our history could have been very different.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Or if he had a real owner maybe he wouldn't have been forced to sell first round draft picks and completely sacrifice the long term future of the team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In other news, Milwaukee won tonight in exciting fashion to push their series to a Game 7. It feels like Greek Freak has finally figured out that nobody on Boston can guard him. He was just attacking the basket with aggression in tonight's game. It was great to see his beastly athleticism fully unleashed.

He also travels on like every third play, but oh well.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I hope the bucks win that series. I think the sixers will beat either team fairly easily, but at least we can see Giannis vs Simmons

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Split T wrote:I hope the bucks win that series. I think the sixers will beat either team fairly easily, but at least we can see Giannis vs Simmons
I think the sixers have a shot at beating everyone. I will not be surprised if they are our new champions come June.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Split T wrote:I hope the bucks win that series. I think the sixers will beat either team fairly easily, but at least we can see Giannis vs Simmons
I think the sixers have a shot at beating everyone. I will not be surprised if they are our new champions come June.
I'd be shocked. I cannot see them beating either Houston or Golden State.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sixers look really good. But they're super young, they haven't been there before, and (more importantly) they don't have enough consistent shooting to beat a team like the Warriors or Rockets in a 7-game series. I could possibly see them making the Finals if things keep up, but not a title this year.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Hey JWB, you are repeatedly defending Mike D'Antoni from a supposed claim that he is the worst coach ever. I don't think anyone here is making that claim. He's an imperfect coach, but a very good one; and he did quite well in Phoenix, and he's doing a phenomenal job now in Houston. Is there anybody in this thread or on this site who is claiming otherwise? We're all on the same side on this one, is what I'm saying.
Yeah, I don't think anyone said he was bad, he just had his warts, like every coach. MDA gets a ton out of the players in his system, it just seems to fail in the playoffs because of his lack of ability to adjust on the fly when something isn't working. No coach is perfect, although Popovich seems pretty damn close.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:
I'd be shocked. I cannot see them beating either Houston or Golden State.
That's kinda where I'm at. I think the sixers are going to the finals and I think they can take a game or two from Golden State, but they're not ready to win it all. Although, they have a roster that's built to beat the warriors.

Big defensive wings to throw at Durant (Covington and Simmons) a big that Draymond can't shut down (Embiid) thus avoiding the death lineup and lots of shooters (Reddick, Covington, Saric, bellinelli, ilyasova). The shooting abandons them at times, but when they're hitting from outside and Simmons does his thing, they are really hard to beat.