2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
He also travels on like every third play, but oh well.
As does half the league. It is ridiculous how they don't call it anymore. How many times a game do you see a guy up top take a side step or a back step to shoot a 3? It is maddening.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:In other news, Milwaukee won tonight in exciting fashion to push their series to a Game 7. It feels like Greek Freak has finally figured out that nobody on Boston can guard him. He was just attacking the basket with aggression in tonight's game. It was great to see his beastly athleticism fully unleashed.

All the stars travel like that. Maybe I'm getting old, but I hate it.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:I hope the bucks win that series. I think the sixers will beat either team fairly easily, but at least we can see Giannis vs Simmons
YASS

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The 76ers look amazing, but let's remember who they are playing.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

O_Gardino wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:In other news, Milwaukee won tonight in exciting fashion to push their series to a Game 7. It feels like Greek Freak has finally figured out that nobody on Boston can guard him. He was just attacking the basket with aggression in tonight's game. It was great to see his beastly athleticism fully unleashed.

All the stars travel like that. Maybe I'm getting old, but I hate it.

THANK YOU

I was starting to think it was just me. I deliberately watch a players feet once they get the ball, and I swear that 85% of the time they pick up the pivot foot before the dribble.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

O_Gardino wrote:The 76ers look amazing, but let's remember who they are playing.
All those other teams have not had to deal with Embid and Simmons. If they can stay healthy they could win multiple titles.

What is sad is that their entire 1st team and all of their the bench regulars would be starters on the Phoenix Suns. Booker and Jackson would get minutes in Philly but probably no one else.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Philly is really good, but I think they're being annointed a bit early. They might make it to the Finals (though I think they'll fall in the ECF), but saying they will win multiple titles is premature. They still don't have much shooting on that roster, and their collective durability and health is a huge concern. It has all come together nicely for them since no other team in the East is healthy or coherent right now: Boston is missing their two best players, and Lebron is on a dead-end Cavs roster that stupidly traded away their second-best player. And every player on Philly happens to be healthy this year and playing. This is a rare situation for Philly that lets them capitalize. But next year, who knows? Embiid could get yet another leg injury. Simmons could get hurt again. Even losing JJ Redick would be crushing for them. It's an exciting team but their success hangs by a thread.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mori...
I see you keep repeating the Lack of Shooting for Sixers and not sure why u feel that way
I think Embiid just not himself with the mask tho
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sixers have been a top 5 three point shooting team since the all star break, they've got enough shooting.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mitchell is really, really good.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah he is. Too bad the Jazz fanbase loves their Jazz so much they are annoyingly blind to obvious fouls by their guys, even when it's confirmed on video replay.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:Yeah he is. Too bad the Jazz fanbase loves their Jazz so much they are annoyingly blind to obvious fouls by their guys, even when it's confirmed on video replay.
Salty much?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Sixers have been a top 5 three point shooting team since the all star break, they've got enough shooting.
Reddick, Ily and Belinelli are free agents. They could be losing a TON of shooting going forward.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:Sixers have been a top 5 three point shooting team since the all star break, they've got enough shooting.
Reddick, Ily and Belinelli are free agents. They could be losing a TON of shooting going forward.
I don't think they are that fat.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Philly is really good, but I think they're being annointed a bit early. They might make it to the Finals (though I think they'll fall in the ECF), but saying they will win multiple titles is premature. They still don't have much shooting on that roster, and their collective durability and health is a huge concern. It has all come together nicely for them since no other team in the East is healthy or coherent right now: Boston is missing their two best players, and Lebron is on a dead-end Cavs roster that stupidly traded away their second-best player. And every player on Philly happens to be healthy this year and playing. This is a rare situation for Philly that lets them capitalize. But next year, who knows? Embiid could get yet another leg injury. Simmons could get hurt again. Even losing JJ Redick would be crushing for them. It's an exciting team but their success hangs by a thread.
Markelle Fultz

There really is a ton of talent on that team. It's like the Early days of OKC. I agree that they certainly aren't a dynasty yet, but they are talented and fun.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hermen wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
I don't think they are that fat.
ZING

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:Yeah he is. Too bad the Jazz fanbase loves their Jazz so much they are annoyingly blind to obvious fouls by their guys, even when it's confirmed on video replay.
Salty much?
Haha, no doubt.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I enjoyed watching the Jazz beat OKC sooooooooooo much. Westbrook is cancer and I want him to lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs every season for the rest of his career. The guy is completely toxic and uncoachable and cannot be part of an actual winning team strategy.

I am also looking forward to the crumbling of OKC's team this offseason. Paul George has to be leaving now. And Melo will opt in and stay, which is delightful because he's a complete waste of $28 million of cap space. They might struggle to make the playoffs next year with that roster. LMAO!

This is all belated karma for leaving my fair former city of Seattle. A pox on their houses!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Salty much?
Haha, no doubt.
Lol

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I enjoyed watching the Jazz beat OKC sooooooooooo much. Westbrook is cancer and I want him to lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs every season for the rest of his career. The guy is completely toxic and uncoachable and cannot be part of an actual winning team strategy.

I am also looking forward to the crumbling of OKC's team this offseason. Paul George has to be leaving now. And Melo will opt in and stay, which is delightful because he's a complete waste of $28 million of cap space. They might struggle to make the playoffs next year with that roster. LMAO!

This is all belated karma for leaving my fair former city of Seattle. A pox on their houses!
:shock: What did Russ do to you?
Jones and Vogel gotta go.