2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by specialsauce »

Man, Carmelo BLOWS

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Ah, come on. You fellas know my heart lies with the Suns and that the Warriors will always be my second fave. <3
That's fine Marty. It's your site but we're going to continue to give you s*** about it. <under breath: Frickin' bandwagoner!>
So when the Jazz inevitably play the Warriors in the WCf, do you root for Durant/Draymond and the rest of the entitled little bitches or do you root for Ruby Hunk Rubio??? Please tell me Utah
I would root for the Warriors to win, but for Rubio to average 35/15/10 and get his shirt torn off every other game. <3

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Ah, come on. You fellas know my heart lies with the Suns and that the Warriors will always be my second fave. <3
That's fine Marty. It's your site but we're going to continue to give you s*** about it. <under breath: Frickin' bandwagoner!>
So when the Jazz inevitably play the Warriors in the WCf, do you root for Durant/Draymond and the rest of the entitled little bitches or do you root for Ruby Hunk Rubio??? Please tell me Utah
I would root for the Warriors to win, but for Rubio to average 35/15/10 and get his shirt torn off every other game. <3

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hahahahaa

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

10/10

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

specialsauce wrote:Man, Carmelo BLOWS
Yep - and he has sucked for a while. I don't even think the great Brad Stevens could coach Melo. It is hard to be impressed with Billy Donovan.

I wonder why MDA could not coach him in NYK. I also wonder why the Rockets wanted him this off season. I think the Rocket's and Mike are very lucky they were not able to acquire him from the Knicks.

I think it was because he is butt buddies with Chris Paul. I really do not like either of them.

Melo is due $28M next year. I expect Paul George will leave OKC. Who will want to watch the Melo/Wesbrook Show?

If the Rockets and the Cav's don't win this year, maybe Chris Paul (free agent this summer) goes to OKC and either Lebron or Paul George ends up in Houston with Harden.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Said it a million times....Melo is a bigger version of Iverson. He's not a run n gun guy, not a #2 or a role player. Well, maybe now he is. But the Nugs and Knicks got it right a few times where they put vets, defenders and shooters around Melo and let him take his 30 shots a game. That's what he is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The funny thing is that OKC will probably keep Melo next year, since he'll opt in for his $28m contract option, while they'll lose the better player, Paul George.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tonight's games are interesting. Celtics pull out a narrow victory at home in Game 5 over Bucks to go up 3-2. There were a few questionable calls down the stretch, but mostly Milwaukee just blew it. Right now Philly is up by around 10-11 points over Miami in the 4th quarter and looks like they'll advance 4-1. Warriors/Spurs up next.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Tonight's games are interesting. Celtics pull out a narrow victory at home in Game 5 over Bucks to go up 3-2. There were a few questionable calls down the stretch, but mostly Milwaukee just blew it. Right now Philly is up by around 10-11 points over Miami in the 4th quarter and looks like they'll advance 4-1. Warriors/Spurs up next.
I want the Bucks to lose but how can three officials miss an obvious shot clock violation in the final minute of a game?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Tonight's games are interesting. Celtics pull out a narrow victory at home in Game 5 over Bucks to go up 3-2. There were a few questionable calls down the stretch, but mostly Milwaukee just blew it. Right now Philly is up by around 10-11 points over Miami in the 4th quarter and looks like they'll advance 4-1. Warriors/Spurs up next.
I want the Bucks to lose but how can three officials miss an obvious shot clock violation in the final minute of a game?
I'm more and more convinced each day that luck plays a huge roll in the NBA. Some teams have way more than others.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Westbrook ran onto the floor from the bench in the last game after Gobert got hit between the legs and bumped into him.
NBA gave him a fine and a technical. No suspension.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:
Yeah. I get that being a ref in NBA is a very hard job, but this is terrible. That buzzer is pretty loud and Horford was still on the ground when it started. Still not as bad as the NBA not suspending Westbrook...

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I'm more and more convinced each day that luck plays a huge roll in the NBA. Some teams have way more than others.
It does, but you have to tilt the odds in your favor and be in a position to take advantage of luck when it strikes you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I wish I could put down some cash on the Pels to beat the Warriors in round two. I can't find a reliable line yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be at least +300.

The way I see it, the Pels and AD are the hottest team going right now and I think Gentry has them playing a style that will make every game winnable. It also sounds like Curry will miss at least a couple of games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hermen wrote:Westbrook ran onto the floor from the bench in the last game after Gobert got hit between the legs and bumped into him.
He was checking into the game, so technically he didn't come off the bench. It was a dead ball, they can easily say he was just coming onto the court to check in.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Split T wrote:
Hermen wrote:Westbrook ran onto the floor from the bench in the last game after Gobert got hit between the legs and bumped into him.
He was checking into the game, so technically he didn't come off the bench. It was a dead ball, they can easily say he was just coming onto the court to check in.
But he wasn't checked into the game yet.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ugh. They should just change that stupid rule. So aggravating for Suns fans to be reminded of that every time it happens again and the league does nothing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hermen wrote:
Split T wrote:
But he wasn't checked into the game yet.
Ya but it's easy for him to say I thought they waived me in. The rule is stupid and he has an excuse for why he was on the court. No chance NBA would suspend him. There wasn't even really an altercation on the court, Westbrook created the altercation.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Haha I love that Ilyasova and Belinelli have been a huge factor on the PHI-MIA series. Redick leading all scorers with 20ppg.