2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by O_Gardino »

Ya'll can be as mad as you want about the Bledsoe trade, but I bet Bucks fans are mad about it, too.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Still should've gotten more than we did.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Man I wish a Cousins was playing. The Pelicans have three players who are tough as hell mentally in Rondo Holiday and Davis. Moronic has been lights out as well
Sometimes I love autocorrect.
Lol whoops :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:Man I wish a Cousins was playing. The Pelicans have three players who are tough as hell mentally in Rondo Holiday and Davis. Mirotic has been lights out as well
What do the pelicans do with cousins? They seem to be playing better without him. My guess is they re-sign him and move him at the deadline for a better fit if things don't work out.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cousins is unrestricted. I think he signs with the Lakers. But if he wants to go somewhere else, he might ask the Pels to facilitate a sign and trade to somewhere like the Clippers.

There are actually a lot of teams with enough space to make a play for him, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, NJ, and a few others including Houston could make space for him. Houston would be a shocker, but my point is that he will have his pick of a few desirable cities and teams. The Pelicans are just one suitor among many.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think Cousins re-signs with the Pelis. No injury and/or no playoffs for NOP and I could have seen him gone, but he has connected with Davis and NO is the surprise of the playoffs so far.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Still should've gotten more than we did.
I'm ok with the return we got considering the cincumstances when he was actually traded. I don't think Brogdon was ever possible, for instance. Thon has turned into free flyer material, nothing more. Parker of course was never an option. Two 1stRs? No chance either. They have nothing else bad trash and bad contracts.

To me, the big mistake was keeping him past '16-17 deadline and last draft.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think the other offer on the table for Bled was Mudiay and Denver's first (I imagine with some protection) and Faried. I'm kind of glad not to have Faried on the books next year.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:I think the other offer on the table for Bled was Mudiay and Denver's first (I imagine with some protection) and Faried. I'm kind of glad not to have Faried on the books next year.
I don't hate the idea of Faried, but doesn't make sense unless the needed major overhaul actually happens.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:Still should've gotten more than we did.
You significantly overvalue Eric

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

O_Gardino wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I thought the Bucks would put up a better fight than this. They seem to have a lot of knuckleheads on that team who don't understand how to play within themselves.
Coaching matters.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Raptors took care of their business earlier and are up 2-0. I have been a Wizards stan for a while, but they just don't seem to be able to get it together. They remind me a lot of the Chris Paul / Blake Griffin Clippers in that they should be better than they are and somehow flame out or choke in the playoffs every year.
I call it John Wall-itis.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Looking forward to Blazers / Pelicans in a bit.
One of my favorite things about living in Portland was watching Blazers fans meltdown. Sometimes it's fun living in the city of a sometimes rival.
Coaching matters, but so does talent. The Bucks don't have much. That's why I'm not worried about their pick.

Washington is done. They could possibly win one in the series, but I doubt it. I expect big changes from them in the offseason.

Go Pels? I want to see Gentry win, but I also want AD to demand a trade this summer. :/
You don’t think with Freak, Middleton, Parker, Brogdon getting another year of experience and an offseason to put the right vets around them they’ll improve?

Barring injury I don’t see any way that pick lands in the top 20 again

carey

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:
You don’t think with Freak, Middleton, Parker, Brogdon getting another year of experience and an offseason to put the right vets around them they’ll improve?

Is Bledsoe their PG next year?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Is Bledsoe their PG next year?
Zing!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

specialsauce wrote:You don’t think with Freak, Middleton, Parker, Brogdon getting another year of experience and an offseason to put the right vets around them they’ll improve?

++ Giannis will get better for sure, and he's a great player already.
+ Middleton and Brogdon kind of are what they are. They can learn each other's games, and get more comfortable, etc, but neither is taking a big step. They are good role players, for sure, but not stars.
? Parker is a big question mark for the Bucks. He's young and talented, and put up good numbers, but is he ready to help the team WIN? Can he stay healthy (he has only had one healthy season in his career)? Has he had time to work on his game, or has he only been able to rehab? He's a Benderesque rebounder, by the way. Actually worse than Bender at the same ages. He has a lot of holes in his game, but when healthy he can really open up the offense. He could go either way.
- Bledsoe plays like a star and will have the ball in his hands, but I'm not scared of him lifting that team to greater heights.
? Coaching is up in the air, and a lot will depend on who they get. The Bucks seem to like tough, defense minded coaches, so maybe they get Clifford. This is going to make such a difference.
? Getting the right vets is a huge stretch for them. They have a bad track record with free agency (Monroe, Henson, Teletovic, Snell, Dellevedova, Hawes). They have the 6th highest payroll this year, and most of that carries over to next season. Hawes is the only biggish contract coming off the books. Fun fact: they have over 20 million in salary owed to waived players this season. Plus they have to sign Parker. They can only sign one impact FA, and they better not screw it up. Getting the right coach might save the front office from making more of the same mistakes, but they do not have a good track record.

I'm just not too worried that the Bucks org is going to 1. Sign a good coach, 2. Draft well, 3. Sign a good free agent, 4. Handle Parker's contract well, and 5. Develop their players. It seems like a lot to ask from an organization with shaky track record.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

For all of Kidd's issues, he was right about the Bucks not being as good as they thought they were. And he didn't say that arrogantly, just that they took such a leap and Giannis broke out last year, that management and ownership had higher expectations coming into this year when he was telling him they weren't there yet.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:For all of Kidd's issues, he was right about the Bucks not being as good as they thought they were. And he didn't say that arrogantly, just that they took such a leap and Giannis broke out last year, that management and ownership had higher expectations coming into this year when he was telling him they weren't there yet.
I agree, and that can be a death knell to them and keep them in mediocre hell for awhile or make them start over.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Oladipo with 2 fouls in the first 1:10 of the game. Stay classy, NBA.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Oladipo with 2 fouls in the first 1:10 of the game. Stay classy, NBA.
Really impressed by Pacers tonight. Bron as expected went into Finals mode and the Cavs really tried to break Pacers spirit early but they just couldn't knock them out.
Dipo despite the foul trouble was still blowing by just about every body they put on him and going back to Indy I'm starting to think these guys gonna be a handful

Donovan just had quite the 2nd half to close out OKC
OKC shot selection last couple minutes was dreadful
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I loved watching Utah beat OKC tonight. Really rooting for those guys. Pacers played really well, too. As others said, they kept their composure despite an all-time great Lebron game.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

I’m loving this Pacers team.