2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by Cap »

Wade and Dragic showing the kiddies how it’s done.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What the hell is going on with Wade and how can I make my body move like it's 10 years younger?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm going to have some real questions about Simmons if he hasn't started hitting a pull-up 12 footer next year.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I love the MJ/LeBron debate.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:I love the MJ/LeBron debate.
I'm tired of it. No one has an original take.

LeBron will probably finish his career as statistically the best player ever. Jordan will probably always be considered the best winner ever. Whichever you think its makes one the better overall player is subjective.

Miss me with that Bill Russel stuff, the game has changed too much and the league is stacked with guys now who'd do the same thing if they played in that era.

carey

Post by carey »

On LeBatard today they asked if Bledsoe had ever been in the playoffs before and if he forgot how to play basketball.

I went to look at his stats... 4-12 for 9 points and 4 assists. Looks like they got the Suns' Bledsoe after all.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:It's also not true that LeBron is a victim of his poor teammates and coaching. The noncompetitive culture of his teams start with him.
How good were the Cavs or Heat after he left?
The Heat have been fine, and the Cavs let all the other main pieces go, so you really can't argue a lack of talent.

Regardless of what you think about the talent on those teams, LeBron lead teams are consistently unprepared, and the role players around him consistently fail to execute. And there is always locker-room drama.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:It's also not true that LeBron is a victim of his poor teammates and coaching. The noncompetitive culture of his teams start with him.
The Heat have been fine, and the Cavs let all the other main pieces go, so you really can't argue a lack of talent.

Regardless of what you think about the talent on those teams, LeBron lead teams are consistently unprepared, and the role players around him consistently fail to execute. And there is always locker-room drama.
Yup, LeBron is the reason role players play poorly. LeBron is the reason is a team is unprepared, not the head coach, naaah. C'mon man, blind LeBron hate is just silly.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Yup, LeBron is the reason role players play poorly. LeBron is the reason is a team is unprepared, not the head coach, naaah. C'mon man, blind LeBron hate is just silly.
Yup. Jordan played on a better coached, better managed team that was still pretty darn great when His Airness was replaced by Pete Myers.

If LeBron had returned to Cleveland to team up with Irving, Oladipo, Wiggins, Drummond, and a good coach, he’d be stringing together titles just like Jordan did, and against tougher competition. But the Cavs are a mismanaged mess and that was not to be.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

One of my biggest gripes with LeBron is that he thinks you can only win one way. He would have been great in a Warriors, Suns, or Rockets type system.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It was fun to see the old cagey veteran Heat face off against the young upstart Sixers. Great series. Feels right that it would be tied 1-1 going back to Miami. I hope it goes 7.

Right now Warriors vs Spurs is on. Ws down 6 at the half. San Antonio is another cagey veteran team, imposing their will and forcing a slower pace. Using Aldridge and their size to play old school ball. Fun to watch the chess match between two great teams and two great coaches.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another thing: These games are showing the importance of having a great coach. Spoelstra had a great game plan tonight. Same for Pop so far. I really hope we get Bud or another great coach to help us turn this team around.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Another thing: These games are showing the importance of having a great coach. Spoelstra had a great game plan tonight. Same for Pop so far. I really hope we get Bud or another great coach to help us turn this team around.
Agreed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Not sure where this is coming from at all.. Which role players failed to contribute around LeBron? What examples do you have of his teams being ill prepared? Not that that's LeBron's fault anyways.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Not sure where this is coming from at all.. Which role players failed to contribute around LeBron? What examples do you have of his teams being ill prepared? Not that that's LeBron's fault anyways.
The Heat have been fine? When’s the last time they were serious title contenders?

What Cavs role players failed with Lebron and then went on to have good careers? Has to be a joke man. You’re talking about the likes of Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Dellavedova, a 200 year old Shaq, Cedi Osman, and a dude who went by the name Booby.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jaylen Brown is killing the bucks right now. He's probably the prospect I've been most wrong about lately. I wanted nothing to do with him in 2016, but he's been the 2nd best player in the draft so far.

carey

Post by carey »

Bledsoe has been trash tonight, again.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:Jaylen Brown is killing the bucks right now. He's probably the prospect I've been most wrong about lately. I wanted nothing to do with him in 2016, but he's been the 2nd best player in the draft so far.
He has improved so much. He is really good.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:Bledsoe has been trash tonight, again.
Can’t say I’m sad about that.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:Jaylen Brown is killing the bucks right now. He's probably the prospect I've been most wrong about lately. I wanted nothing to do with him in 2016, but he's been the 2nd best player in the draft so far.
I mentioned earlier in the season that watching him makes me quietly confident about Josh
Last year, Celtics loved his athleticism n defense but his shooting n offense had his minutes limited. Clearly he put in the work over the summer n I think the two of them r wired similarly
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)