2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
UglyTruth

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by UglyTruth »

Towns is honestly one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

He was awful defensively (which is especially bad for a big) even during the reg season and now he’s god awful both offensively and defensively in the playoffs.

carey

Post by carey »

UglyTruth wrote:Towns is honestly one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

He was awful defensively (which is especially bad for a big) even during the reg season and now he’s god awful both offensively and defensively in the playoffs.
You have had some strange takes lately but this may take the cake. I'd trade anyone on our roster except for Booker for him right now. Right now. Dude shot 55% from the field and 42% from 3 on nearly 4 per game. He put up 21 & 12 this year on those percentages. His scoring is down a bit from last year but he didn't need to shoot as much with the additions Minnesota made. His TS is a ridiculous %64.6. That's better than all but 2 of Steph Curry's 9 seasons.

He's had a rough 2 games of the playoffs. I'm not denying that. Still, he's extremely talented.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Call the burn unit.

[youtube][/youtube]
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:

You have had some strange takes lately but this may take the cake. I'd trade anyone on our roster except for Booker for him right now. Right now. Dude shot 55% from the field and 42% from 3 on nearly 4 per game. He put up 21 & 12 this year on those percentages. His scoring is down a bit from last year but he didn't need to shoot as much with the additions Minnesota made. His TS is a ridiculous %64.6. That's better than all but 2 of Steph Curry's 9 seasons.

He's had a rough 2 games of the playoffs. I'm not denying that. Still, he's extremely talented.
It's also his first playoffs and he's only 22.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I haven't watched that series at all, but I see the Rockets are shooting .413 and have the 11th best offense in the playoffs so far. Only the Spurs have shot worse, though a few teams have scored less.

Seems like that's the best defensive job anyone could expect. Looking at the stats, KAT has some of the best defensive advances stats on the team. If he's awful defensively, then someone must be playing out their mind making up the difference.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Minny has no business winning that series. If they can steal 1-2 games from the #1 seed, that would be great for that young team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
carey wrote:

Man I hope the people in Minny feel the same as UT. I’d love to unite Book and KAT in phx

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

O_Gardino wrote:

I haven't watched that series at all, but I see the Rockets are shooting .413 and have the 11th best offense in the playoffs so far. Only the Spurs have shot worse, though a few teams have scored less.

Seems like that's the best defensive job anyone could expect. Looking at the stats, KAT has some of the best defensive advances stats on the team. If he's awful defensively, then someone must be playing out their mind making up the difference.
Which defensive stats are you talking about?

His DWS and DPM are among the bottom 10 for bigs (PFs & Cs) who have played as many minutes as him. His DRPM is the same as 40 year old Dirk freaking Nowitzki.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

specialsauce wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
carey wrote:

Man I hope the people in Minny feel the same as UT. I’d love to unite Book and KAT in phx
We’ll be worse defensively than we ever were with Nash/Amare.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

carey wrote:

Scoring wise, he’s excellent. But there’s still the other end of the court which needs to be played.

To call his first 2 games “rough” is generous imo.

Maybe I’m being harsh considering his age and first experience in the playoffs but still.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
carey wrote:

This same logic doesn’t seem to be affecting Ben Simmons or Donnovan Mitchell.

But yes, age and lack of postseason experience is a valid excuse for Towns play, I do agree there.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

UglyTruth wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
carey wrote:

This same logic doesn’t seem to be affecting Ben Simmons or Donnovan Mitchell.

But yes, age and lack of postseason experience is a valid excuse for Towns play, I do agree there.

Those two are also not playing the best team in the league. I know that doesn’t tell the whole story, but it’s not fair to him to ignore that. And big men take longer to develop, right?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

UglyTruth wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Which defensive stats are you talking about?

His DWS and DPM are among the bottom 10 for bigs (PFs & Cs) who have played as many minutes as him. His DRPM is the same as 40 year old Dirk freaking Nowitzki.
His DWS, DPM, and Drating for the playoffs are the 2nd best on thee team among guys who have played heavy minutes. Teague has been better.

Those stats don't mean a lot without context that I don't really have. I do know that the Rockets have not been scoring like we know they can, and KAT has been on the court when they missed shots.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:Call the burn unit.

<YouTube video redacted>
I love it! I hope Rozier continues to torch him. If Bledsoe thinks he's Michael Jordan playing against Bryon Russell, he's got another think coming.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The start of this Miami and Philly game is great. Playoff basketball really is the best.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:The start of this Miami and Philly game is great. Playoff basketball really is the best.
Can't wait until we're back in the fray. Of course, this has been the longest drought since I became a Suns fan going way back.
"Be Legendary."

BlaCkAdDa

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:The start of this Miami and Philly game is great. Playoff basketball really is the best.
Can't wait until we're back in the fray. Of course, this has been the longest drought since I became a Suns fan going way back.
I know.. That's why I'm adopting philly as a second for now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea it's been like the perfect mix of good basketball along with just enough chirping and intensity
Dragic playing like he in his Slovenia jersey
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Pelicans up 19 at the half. They are making quick work of Portland

carey

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:Pelicans up 19 at the half. They are making quick work of Portland
26 with 10 min left in the game.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!