2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, First Round

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:On LeBatard today they asked if Bledsoe had ever been in the playoffs before and if he forgot how to play basketball.

I went to look at his stats... 4-12 for 9 points and 4 assists. Looks like they got the Suns' Bledsoe after all.
It was the 5 TOs that was the bigger issue. The 1 on 2 fast breaks, going up in the air to pass that we are/were all too familiar with and I think 3 of them came in 4th
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We've all be frustrated by the last handful of seasons, but can you imagine being a Bucks fan right now?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought the Bucks would put up a better fight than this. They seem to have a lot of knuckleheads on that team who don't understand how to play within themselves.

Raptors took care of their business earlier and are up 2-0. I have been a Wizards stan for a while, but they just don't seem to be able to get it together. They remind me a lot of the Chris Paul / Blake Griffin Clippers in that they should be better than they are and somehow flame out or choke in the playoffs every year.

Looking forward to Blazers / Pelicans in a bit.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I thought the Bucks would put up a better fight than this. They seem to have a lot of knuckleheads on that team who don't understand how to play within themselves.
Coaching matters.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Raptors took care of their business earlier and are up 2-0. I have been a Wizards stan for a while, but they just don't seem to be able to get it together. They remind me a lot of the Chris Paul / Blake Griffin Clippers in that they should be better than they are and somehow flame out or choke in the playoffs every year.
I call it John Wall-itis.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Looking forward to Blazers / Pelicans in a bit.
One of my favorite things about living in Portland was watching Blazers fans meltdown. Sometimes it's fun living in the city of a sometimes rival.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have to admit that I have never really liked the Lillard Blazers. I don't hate the guy, but I never mind when they lose. I would rather see the Pelicans win that series, even though I predicted a Blazers win.

carey

Post by carey »

Pels just wrecked the Blazers in Portland again. They now return to the Blender up 2-0. I don't think any of ESPNs experts picked the Pelicans to win the series. All 22 of them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Man I wish a Cousins was playing. The Pelicans have three players who are tough as hell mentally in Rondo Holiday and Davis. Moronic has been lights out as well

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Bledsoe has been trash tonight, again.
I am so glad to be rid of him.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Velazquez/status/986440927882465280

"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:

He should look it up soon and start guarding him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Pels just wrecked the Blazers in Portland again. They now return to the Blender up 2-0. I don't think any of ESPNs experts picked the Pelicans to win the series. All 22 of them.
The Portland fans booed the team off the court at the end of the game.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:Pels just wrecked the Blazers in Portland again. They now return to the Blender up 2-0. I don't think any of ESPNs experts picked the Pelicans to win the series. All 22 of them.
I love the Pels! I picked Portland to win, bit Jrue has been incredible! If he keeps it up, NO is going to be a real tough out. Even for GS. If Curry isn't healthy, that's gonna be a fun one!

Sidenote: We talk about Jrue's contract as a bad one, I never thought it was terrible as he's a good player and NO had to keep him, but he's making it look pretty good. He's one of the best defensive guards in the league and he's pretty dang good offensively too.

For perspective:

Jrue signed a 5 year 130 million dollar deal.
John wall signed a 3 year 170 million dollar extension.

I'd take Jrue over Wall, even if they made the same money.

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:Man I wish a Cousins was playing. The Pelicans have three players who are tough as hell mentally in Rondo Holiday and Davis. Moronic has been lights out as well
Sometimes I love autocorrect.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

AD is a whole another type of animal in the playoffs

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Man I wish a Cousins was playing. The Pelicans have three players who are tough as hell mentally in Rondo Holiday and Davis. Moronic has been lights out as well
That was funny :lol:
One of my fantasy league analysts mentioned week before after Mirotic went off that he should have shaved sooner lol. Well 6 games later and he still hasn't had a bad game yet, quite the Game Log tbh

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:

I was actually coming here to post this. Thing is Bled would drive me crazy sometimes but I know lots of you legit can't stand the guy lol. This is a terrible look tho tsk

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/986447389258022913

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Cap wrote:
One of my fantasy league analysts mentioned week before after Mirotic went off that he should have shaved sooner lol. Well 6 games later and he still hasn't had a bad game yet, quite the Game Log tbh
Imagine if Elfrid Payton were to cut that mop?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So glad Bledsoe is gone. He was never a winning ball player and that kind of answer says a lot. Thinks he's better than he is, was always just an athlete.

https://twitter.com/briam7morris/status/986444360320540672

The Bucks are a better version of what we were/are: A lot of nice pieces that don't exactly fit together, no real shooters no the team, shaky coaching.

Someone mentioned Jaylen Brown improved his shooting which gives them hope for JJ...Brown had decent form tho his shot was flat. You can work on that. JJ has a hitch in his shot that you can't really correct. You could, but you'd have to start over from scratch which never really works. So I think his potential as a shooter is somewhat limited.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:Jaylen Brown is killing the bucks right now. He's probably the prospect I've been most wrong about lately. I wanted nothing to do with him in 2016, but he's been the 2nd best player in the draft so far.
I mentioned earlier in the season that watching him makes me quietly confident about Josh
Last year, Celtics loved his athleticism n defense but his shooting n offense had his minutes limited. Clearly he put in the work over the summer n I think the two of them r wired similarly
Add in some good coaching, and there you have it.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I thought the Bucks would put up a better fight than this. They seem to have a lot of knuckleheads on that team who don't understand how to play within themselves.
Coaching matters.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Raptors took care of their business earlier and are up 2-0. I have been a Wizards stan for a while, but they just don't seem to be able to get it together. They remind me a lot of the Chris Paul / Blake Griffin Clippers in that they should be better than they are and somehow flame out or choke in the playoffs every year.
I call it John Wall-itis.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Looking forward to Blazers / Pelicans in a bit.
One of my favorite things about living in Portland was watching Blazers fans meltdown. Sometimes it's fun living in the city of a sometimes rival.
Coaching matters, but so does talent. The Bucks don't have much. That's why I'm not worried about their pick.

Washington is done. They could possibly win one in the series, but I doubt it. I expect big changes from them in the offseason.

Go Pels? I want to see Gentry win, but I also want AD to demand a trade this summer. :/

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Cap wrote:
He's what I call a Devean George all-star. A guy who is taking full advantage of the fact that defenses are more concerned with the other guys on his team. It's the kind of player the Pels have needed all along.