Who would you pick if we get the #3 draft pick?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Who would you pick if we get the #3 draft pick?

Bagley
60%
JJJ
15%
Young
5%
Bamba
15%
Porter Jr.
No votes
Carter Jr.
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 20

Split T

Re: Who would you pick if we get the #3 draft pick?

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:When I said that "my main worry about Bagley is his passing," I should have clarified that I meant on offense. I have also read/heard that Bagley is bad on D, which is unfortunate. I don't know about his rebounding; haven't read about that yet. But I do worry that we have too many players on our roster who are both bad at shooting and bad at defense, which seems like a recipe to lose a lot of basketball games.
Ya, I'm close to having shooting as a prerequisite to any newcomer. To me it definitely is if you're not a big. Bagley is borderline, he shot 39% from 3, but he struggled at the ft line and there is concern he might struggle with his shot. He's a big though and shows enough promise that I won't automatically disqualify him.

Bamba worries me, but if he's as good on defense as some people think, I can live with him not being a good shooter.

This is where Michael Porter Jr is intriguing. He can shoot. The back scares me though and we won't get to really see him in shape before the draft, so it's hard to pick him high.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Bagleys FT shooting is definitely a red flag. I don’t trust any shooters that can’t hit FTs. Why I thought Jackson 3P% was a mirage in college

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Porter could be the major sleeper.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:Porter could be the major sleeper.
Ya, if we end up with Ayton and Porter starts to slide, I'd entertain moving up for him.

If we end up 4th and Doncic/Ayton/Bagley are gone, I'm ok taking him. I'd be a little nervous, but I wouldn't feel great about Bamba or JJJ either. Carter I'd at least pretty much know what I'm getting.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote: Bamba worries me, but if he's as good on defense as some people think, I can live with him not being a good shooter.
Bamba has a nice shooting touch. He probably won't be a 3-point threat, but I think he'll develop into a solid mid-range shooter.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Bagley has a chance at becoming an offensive star, and with his mindset, his odds improve a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if his career went better than Ayton and Donci's.

Between the two defensive bigs, I see Jackson more explosive than Bamba and quicker on his feet. Jackson has a good shooting touch. Neither is a dominant rebounder.

I think past #3 I'd seriously look to trade the pick.