Hawks @ Suns

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Hawks @ Suns

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Because we need a GDT.

Go PJ Tucker.

Thanks, TOO. I've been super busy at work lately. I've worked something like 28 straight days. Just finished watching the game.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'm not one for stealing someones trademark :)
It's a phxsuns.net thing. It's not owned by a particular poster although CharlesV started it.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:Old .net fave Mike Muscala looked pretty good out there.
I was thinking the same thing.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Xylus wrote:This is my first time seeing Teague play this year, and jesus, that young man is a much better player than I ever expected him to be.
Don't put too much weight on one game, especially one punctuated by a lackluster defensive performance.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Suns are tough to beat when the Twins play at a high level in the same game. Markieff is on a role again, but Marcus has started to be more of factor on a regular basis.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Old .net fave Mike Muscala looked pretty good out there.
I was thinking the same thing.
Me too. That was my pick for 29, but I'm very happy with Goodwin.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

A couple a hangers and you think you're hot shit again.

You had your chance. Pau may not be sliced bread, or, Lew Alcindor, but, he sure beats the snot outta The Stiff One & Plumless.

Christ, what the Hell were you thinking letting Gasol pass by for the 30th pick? You couldn't resist repudiating the Lakers, that's what it was. That, and just plain [fright]. Afraid to compete. Afraid to try for fear you'd lose anyway. Afraid to be wrong. God knows Pau needs a Kobe to beat him without mercy to the finish line. Sure, it helps that at that finish line is a joke of a Howard, or, a crippled Perkins, but, still, Kobe beat him to it. You had your "Kobe.".......Dragic woulda seen the light & beaten Gasol the same way Bryant beat him.

But, you're too damn busy having "fun." All about fun with your people, and by proxy (you). You're gonna learn and Cubby gonna keep reminding you till you get it thru your cement heads:::Climbing over the dead bodies enroute to June and then winning the last game in that month got nothing to do with fun. It's miserable work ringing.

"fun"---my ass.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree that you have to get a little dirty and "fun" isn't what wins titles. My complaint with a lot of my fellow Suns fans has been that they haven't been willing to do what would get them over the hump. I just don't think that Pau is the answer to all the issues ahead of the Suns. I agree that he would have been a good addition this season. Of course, there is a chance that he doesn't help at all and it ends badly. Pau is not the same player he was 5 years ago, but he is better than anyone the Suns have at center right now. I doubt that the decision had anything to do with being personal as regards to the Lakers. I don't think Pau moves the meter for many people.

I disagree with you take on Len though. I said before the draft that he wasn't going to be good right away and he wouldn't show much of anything in the first year, maybe first two years. He will need some time, and eventually he will get going.

Both of these beefs are none issues, to me.

I am curious what you think the Lakers will do this off-season? They seem to be in full tank mode. When is Kobe supposed to come back? How good will he be? What do you think of the Lakers giving him 1/3 of the cap space?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

EDC

Post by EDC »

I personally think people want the team to get ahead of themselves. We are rebuilding. We aren't in a position to waste draft picks just to get us a chance at the playoffs. This season was suppose to be a write off season anyways. We just don't have the talent level to compete. I would much rather spend our resources on improving for the long run where we can eventually make those final moves for vets that might push us into championship contention.

Getting Pau would be one of those "fun" moves. Something to soothe the fans and make them think we have a shot until we lose in the first round. The real "dirty" move is to hold steady and build for the future.

Culburn you have ranted the same post over and over. It is almost like you are mad we didn't take him off your hands. Are you worried Buss is going to offer him an insane amount to stay with the team next season?

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

^No, Pau is not the answer, but, he COULD HAVE been. He's rung, twice. He knows what it takes to get close and he knows what it takes to finish. He doesn't do well without a heavy dose of having himself goaded and threatened and even then it sometimes does not work, but, it did twice and could have in a fresh site. Dragic, like Pau was not born on this soil, but, yet Dragic holds many of the traits that Americans do that enable a ring campaign, a deep abiding resolve to see those who try to stop him, stopped themselves. That's rare. Dragic "hates"---Kobe "hates"---one must hate to ring. You can do it in public like Kobe, or, in private like Duncan, or Allen, but, you're gonna have to get there to ring. I believe Dragic has that bad seed and he could have enabled Gasol the intangibles as Pau lent his tangible to such a ring campaign.

The main point is:::it would have cost you noting but a 30th pick. It was just stubborness and fear that prevented it. Instead of following the business model and executing the trade, you took it personal due to the identity of your trading partner and cut off your nose to spite your face.

You're no longer fighting the Lakers. They are no threat. Why waste one single second on them? I'll tell you why,,,because you're psychologically wounded by them.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

EDC wrote:I personally think people want the team to get ahead of themselves. We are rebuilding. We aren't in a position to waste draft picks just to get us a chance at the playoffs. This season was suppose to be a write off season anyways. We just don't have the talent level to compete. I would much rather spend our resources on improving for the long run where we can eventually make those final moves for vets that might push us into championship contention.

Getting Pau would be one of those "fun" moves. Something to soothe the fans and make them think we have a shot until we lose in the first round. The real "dirty" move is to hold steady and build for the future.

Culburn you have ranted the same post over and over. It is almost like you are mad we didn't take him off your hands. Are you worried Buss is going to offer him an insane amount to stay with the team next season?
No. See I can divorce myself from my hatred of the Suns and talk independently and without prejudice. "You" can't consider that trade without seeing purple & gold and then figuring how you can spite them instead of feathering your own nest. It's that simple.

You have no chance at ringing this June because you have no center. None. Gasol would have given you that chance, slim as it may, or may not be.

You're still running a variation of the 7 seconds or less junk....in full knowledge that no team has ever fast breaked to an NBA title. You do it because it's easy and it's fun and because that way you don't have to put it all out there. That's why Pau is still in L.A.

You think it's going to be smooth progression to the promised land. Even though you, we, us have all experienced the ugly reality that it is not a smooth progression but rather a tooth & nail, miserable climb to the zenith,,,maybe.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I keep reading that Pau wouldn't put the Suns over the top. Ok. I agree. That's not the issue. The point has always been that the playoffs are not a given and that this team could have used one more relevant contributor in some key areas. Nobody believes Pau is his 2008 self, but you can't tell me he doesn't improve our (almost non existent) post game.

If I ponder a better shot at making the playoffs this season vs the #30 pick, at the trade deadline in February 2014, I feel the former weights more. I get that there are nice prospects in the mid teens, especially this year, but just missing the playoffs (again, after the last two years of Nash) is the ugliest thing I can imagine for the Suns, and I want absolutely no part of it.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

In2ition wrote:I am curious what you think the Lakers will do this off-season? They seem to be in full tank mode. When is Kobe supposed to come back? How good will he be? What do you think of the Lakers giving him 1/3 of the cap space?
We're in the shit for a while, perhaps even static. What did us in is a confluence of events started by the abandonment of Lamar Odom. That was criminal. Though the main culprit in our undoing is Cuban in Texas. He's been after us since day one of his landing in the NBA and reading up. It took him that long to get us. But, he went door-to-door for years telling on us and the practices that we employed to maintain our status. He never gave up. He was relentless in his quest to see us brought to "justice." And the new CBA was his crowning acheivement. Any business concern won't go dollar for dollar as a penalty for breeching a rule. But, we did and it looked okay. We made it work and we made it palpable, but, you can't make 4 to 1, or, 7 to 1 on the repeater penalty work. Even with a multi billion dollar tv deal. You just can't do it. It would be vulgar and gross.

So, now we have to stand in line with the rest of ya's waiting our turn at the trough.

I got the past though. I got the 16 in the history, and the last 10 lodged so deep in my head & heart that they'll never wane. I'm honestly sated. Kobe is sated and I find comfort in that as well.

He took a 20% cut on this extension and you can't ask for more than that since the last time he played before the extension he put up 25/5/5 on 80 games played.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I keep reading that Pau wouldn't put the Suns over the top. Ok. I agree. That's not the issue. The point has always been that the playoffs are not a given and that this team could have used one more relevant contributor in some key areas. Nobody believes Pau is his 2008 self, but you can't tell me he doesn't improve our (almost non existent) post game.

If I ponder a better shot at making the playoffs this season vs the #30 pick, at the trade deadline in February 2014, I feel the former weights more. I get that there are nice prospects in the mid teens, especially this year, but just missing the playoffs (again, after the last two years of Nash) is the ugliest thing I can imagine for the Suns, and I want absolutely no part of it.
I was responding to Culburn saying it would give us a shot. So it was the point.

As for your opinion that is fine but I would much rather have another Archie than the improvement that Pau would bring this year. With Bledsoe back I think we make the playoffs anyways.

Like I said before I think wasting assets for such a small term meaningless gain is just not the best approach to building a championship team. We have already established a winning mentality by overachieving the year. Missing the playoffs isn't the end of the world.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

EDC wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I keep reading that Pau wouldn't put the Suns over the top. Ok. I agree. That's not the issue. The point has always been that the playoffs are not a given and that this team could have used one more relevant contributor in some key areas. Nobody believes Pau is his 2008 self, but you can't tell me he doesn't improve our (almost non existent) post game.

I was responding to Culburn saying it would give us a shot. So it was the point.

As for your opinion that is fine but I would much rather have another Archie than the improvement that Pau would bring this year. With Bledsoe back I think we make the playoffs anyways.

Like I said before I think wasting assets for such a small term meaningless gain is just not the best approach to building a championship team. We have already established a winning mentality by overachieving the year. Missing the playoffs isn't the end of the world.
It's the talking points & marching orders straight outta Suns HQ, via .620.

You have this grandiose idea that you'll sniff this year, make landfall next year with an expeditionary force, plant the flag the following year, then end up at what 1 & 49 and run me off Mori's site once and for all in year 4? Is that gd plan?

You've learned nothing since Manning crumbled when you had the door wide open, when Barkley got brave in June of '93 and tried to be the hero and commenced a domino rally that ended with Paxson launching wide open, on to Stern taking your pants down and leaving Duncan's up, to Amare's eyes and Daddy watching Duncan put that 3 in your eye to Artest putting it back.

It's not an exact science people. I was dead, dead in the f'in water in the Summer of '02 when Adelman implored CWEBB coming out of that TO..."Don't leave him, Chris. Not for one second."

Everything can change in a split second.

You're living proof. We're all living proof.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Most of the dudes over at 620 really have no clue, but they all feel like they have cornered the market on how and what it takes to win a title. You certainly have to have a vision on how to do it, but when it's entirely transparent for everyone else to see, it's easier for the rest of the teams to put wrench in the gears. I am pleased with what McDonough has done so far, but we will certainly see if he can keep it going and do what it takes to get Phx over the top.

BTW, I lost count and really thought the number was 0 and >45. It is horrible that it's gotten so large, but the number is just that, a number. They need to figure it out, and I don't expect you to go away even if they do. You just can't help yourself in goding Suns fans. It's way too much fun for you to be an instigator. It's a character flaw that I fight with myself.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

In2ition wrote:Most of the dudes over at 620 really have no clue, but they all feel like they have cornered the market on how and what it takes to win a title. You certainly have to have a vision on how to do it, but when it's entirely transparent for everyone else to see, it's easier for the rest of the teams to put wrench in the gears. I am pleased with what McDonough has done so far, but we will certainly see if he can keep it going and do what it takes to get Phx over the top.

BTW, I lost count and really thought the number was 0 and >45. It is horrible that it's gotten so large, but the number is just that, a number. They need to figure it out, and I don't expect you to go away even if they do. You just can't help yourself in goding Suns fans. It's way too much fun for you to be an instigator. It's a character flaw that I fight with myself.
It is great fun for me. And I've always maintained you guys are most knowledgeable and level headed. I've been on Spurs Talk for several years now and they're okay, but, they can't hold a candle to Suns Fans.

---

And the guys at .620 are fed their information directly from the Suns organization. Gambo is their liaison. So their opinion is clouded and uniform. But, I listen every day just to get myself aggravated. It's good fun.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Culburn369 wrote:"fun"---my ass.
What happened to you voluntarily leaving?
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:What happened to you voluntarily leaving?
Can't take trolls at their word, ever.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is there any confirmation that Pau could be had for just the Pacer pick? Who knows what LA was asking for him?