Who's your top guy at 16 if we keep the pick.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Who is your top target at 16?

Jontay Porter
26%
Robert Williams
2%
Zhaire Smith
11%
Aaron Holiday
26%
Shake Milton
7%
DeAnthony Melton
No votes
Mitchell Robinson
4%
Kevin Knox
No votes
Keita Bates-Diop
No votes
Khyri Thomas
2%
Jacob Evans
No votes
Anfernee Simons
No votes
Troy Brown
2%
Lonnie Walker
4%
Dzanan Musa
4%
Rodions Kuric
No votes
Other
11%

Total votes: 46

carey

Re: Who's your top guy at 16 if we keep the pick.

Post by carey »

francosy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:25 am
Since there is Dzanan Musa on the list and you probably don't know him too well, I will put here my opinion on him. I know him probably even better then Doncic, since he plays in our regional league.

PROS: Dzanan is extremely skilled player. His size is great for a SG, he can shoot from whatever position. Also his penetration and finish under the rim is very reliable. He plays smart, doesn't have a lot of turnouvers and is a solid rebounder. Great with ball. If he gets into the rhythm he is literally unstoppable. Solid athlete, better than some other European guys. He has a lot of room for improvement.

CONS: He is not the strongest guy, but he can improve that. Very inconsistent defender, sometimes he seems like he is saving his power for attack. His court vision is not the best, but also not so bad. Sometimes he can be selfish.

I believe that he will become very useful NBA player some day. Suns should consider picking him if they pick center at 1. But I don't know American guys in that area of draft standings, so I can't compare him to them.

I know this is a weird question, but is there something wrong with his back? It has a weird curve or hump to it. Is he likely to have back trouble because of it?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

francosy wrote:
Since there is Dzanan Musa on the list and you probably don't know him too well, I will put here my opinion on him. I know him probably even better then Doncic, since he plays in our regional league.

PROS: Dzanan is extremely skilled player. His size is great for a SG, he can shoot from whatever position. Also his penetration and finish under the rim is very reliable. He plays smart, doesn't have a lot of turnouvers and is a solid rebounder. Great with ball. If he gets into the rhythm he is literally unstoppable. Solid athlete, better than some other European guys. He has a lot of room for improvement.

CONS: He is not the strongest guy, but he can improve that. Very inconsistent defender, sometimes he seems like he is saving his power for attack. His court vision is not the best, but also not so bad. Sometimes he can be selfish.

I believe that he will become very useful NBA player some day. Suns should consider picking him if they pick center at 1. But I don't know American guys in that area of draft standings, so I can't compare him to them.
Thanks for the scouting report. I finally took a look at him a few days ago. Should definitely be in play at 31.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

francosy wrote:

We all know we need a play maker with good court vision. Holiday is known for how he sees the floor...our current PG roster is a big MEH. If we don't take Doncic at 1...and we go big, as we SHOULD...PREACH IT UNCLE GENE, PREACH IT FROM CAMELBACK! FIX THE PAINT!...and take Bamba or Ayton at 1 (I hope we do a good job on evals before we decide!)...then we still need a good PG. Holiday is the closest thing to a true PG in the que that we have a chance of being available at 16. I'd even look to move up at least a few slots if we can swing it to make sure we get him.

jonh

Post by jonh »

carey wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:57 pm
francosy wrote:

I know this is a weird question, but is there something wrong with his back? It has a weird curve or hump to it. Is he likely to have back trouble because of it?

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:18 pm
carey wrote:
francosy wrote:

11/10 for any Young Frankenstein reference.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:02 am
jonh wrote:
carey wrote:
francosy wrote:

Hey! http://www.phx-suns.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 76#p114576

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:03 am
Indy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:02 am
jonh wrote:
carey wrote:
francosy wrote:

Hey! http://www.phx-suns.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 76#p114576
I should have said you needed to include a gif for the 11. Otherwise the grade is simply on effort. ;)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm thinking Holiday is the pick. I probably like Okobo a little more, but I'm fine with it. Now we just have to wait and see what happens at 31.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Any chance of getting Okobo at 31? Or is he a first-rounder at this point?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

A chance? Sure. But I don't think it is likely.

I would be very surprised if the Suns drafted both of them.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I think I can live with Ayton-Holliday, if that’s how it works out.

If McD is serious about this “too many young players” talk, I would hope it’s the second rounders that get traded, not 16 and definitely not 1.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Would you trade #1 and Chriss or Bender for KLove and the 8th?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Would you trade #1 and Chriss or Bender for KLove and the 8th?
No way!
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:43 pm
No. They probably will move Love, but not until LeBron tells them he's "outta here".
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:
Nope.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

ShelC wrote:
Hell no
#SarverOut

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Cap wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

If McD is serious about this “too many young players” talk, I would hope it’s the second rounders that get traded, not 16 and definitely not 1.
First pick in the second round is quite valuable. Great for the draft and stash who slipped.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:
I'd give them #16, Chriss/Bender, and their choice of Dudley, Chandler or Knight for just Kevin Love though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did anyone see ESPNs draft preview show tonight? They had the Suns pick Ayton #1 and Aaron Holiday #16. Michael Porter jr went 15. If that happened, I would trade up for MPJ and find a pg at 31.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:19 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

First pick in the second round is quite valuable. Great for the draft and stash who slipped.
Yup, draft-and-stash is another good way to deal with the “too many young players” problem, assuming you see it as a problem.