Roster Rebuild Game

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Roster Rebuild Game

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:I think Philly would definitely do that. Would Portland? It saves them money as Fultz is on a rookie deal, but Fultz/Lillard runs into similar problems as McCollum/Lillard. I think Portland might prefer a deal based around Saric
I figured Fultz because it would also be sort of a homecoming. Saric could work too.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:I think Philly would definitely do that. Would Portland? It saves them money as Fultz is on a rookie deal, but Fultz/Lillard runs into similar problems as McCollum/Lillard. I think Portland might prefer a deal based around Saric
I figured Fultz because it would also be sort of a homecoming. Saric could work too.
Homecoming because of Portland being close to Washington?

You know he grew up in Baltimore and only spent one year on the west coast, right?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yes I am aware.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

If I am POR I am not touching CJ for Fultz with a ten foot pole.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:If I am POR I am not touching CJ for Fultz with a ten foot pole.
They are gonna have to free up some money somewhere, I don't see who else they trade. Nobody will take Leonard or Turner, no way they move Lillard, sure Fultz isnt ideal, and its very unlikely, but McCollum is defnitely the guy that has to be moved IMO.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I always thought Portland would be better with a 3-and-D guy at the 2, not a short scoring SG who is a poor/mediocre defender and wants the ball in his hands.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I always thought Portland would be better with a 3-and-D guy at the 2, not a short scoring SG who is a poor/mediocre defender and wants the ball in his hands.
McCollum has really improved his defense this past year. I don't see him as the negative on the team.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Their problem is the 3-5 spots. Nurkic is coming along but is a bit limited and inconsistent. Leonard and Collins are behind him. The SF and PFs spots are kind of by committee between Turner, Aminu, Harkless, Davis. You can get by in the regular season with that group, but not in the playoffs. Too many role players at those positions.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:Their problem is the 3-5 spots. Nurkic is coming along but is a bit limited and inconsistent. Leonard and Collins are behind him. The SF and PFs spots are kind of by committee between Turner, Aminu, Harkless, Davis. You can get by in the regular season with that group, but not in the playoffs. Too many role players at those positions.
Agreed. This is why big men and frontcourt position are still important, no matter what some people like to think.

carey

Post by carey »

I would love, love a McCollum-Booker back court if we could do it without trading our #1 this year and Josh. I highly doubt that's an option but to have two of the best off the dribble shooters in the league on the same team would be fun to watch.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

carey wrote:I would love, love a McCollum-Booker back court if we could do it without trading our #1 this year and Josh. I highly doubt that's an option but to have two of the best off the dribble shooters in the league on the same team would be fun to watch.
I'm with you. People will say this will never work because of how bad they are defensively but those same people also are probably too young to remember the Nash/Richardson backcourt that went to the WCFs and was a Artest buzzer beater away from possible Finals appearance.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Eww. I prefer to have a PG on the floor.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea not interested in pairing McCollum and Booker.

Terrible idea of the offseason - John Wall. He's a diva, thinks he's a superstar (he's really good tho), dogs his teammates out and is 27 with shaky knees and just a signed a 3 year extension worth 170mil that will pay him 38-40-43 mil in '20-'21'-22, when he'll be 32 years old. Not to mention he's owed 19 mil next season. If we're just talking about on-court production, I might be game to put him in the backcourt with Booker. There'd be issues, mainly with the cap and the fact that he doesn't help our shooting - Wall and Jackson are kind of similar/different versions of each other. But man...a perimeter of Wall/Booker/Jackson would be something else.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote: They are gonna have to free up some money somewhere, I don't see who else they trade. Nobody will take Leonard or Turner, no way they move Lillard, sure Fultz isnt ideal, and its very unlikely, but McCollum is defnitely the guy that has to be moved IMO.
If they are desperate to shed money, I'd try to attatch their 1st to Harkless. I bet someone bites. They can also not pay Nurkic. Stretch Meyers.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Yea not interested in pairing McCollum and Booker.

Terrible idea of the offseason - John Wall. He's a diva, thinks he's a superstar (he's really good tho), dogs his teammates out and is 27 with shaky knees and just a signed a 3 year extension worth 170mil that will pay him 38-40-43 mil in '20-'21'-22, when he'll be 32 years old. Not to mention he's owed 19 mil next season. If we're just talking about on-court production, I might be game to put him in the backcourt with Booker. There'd be issues, mainly with the cap and the fact that he doesn't help our shooting - Wall and Jackson are kind of similar/different versions of each other. But man...a perimeter of Wall/Booker/Jackson would be something else.
Agreed on CJ.

Wall would depend on price, but I don't hate it. Would prefer if such a big trade was for a PF.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't want a ball dominant PG. And wall gets paid way too much

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I may be crazy but I *LOVE* John Wall. If we could get him here without giving up Booker, I'd be super interested. I agree that he's an imperfect player and that his salary is high. But I think he's just about exactly what I want from a PG: athletic, blazing fast, great passer, strong defender, good floor leader. He has struggled to find playoff success in Washington, but I think part of that is that his coaches are all horrendous. He also never has enough shooters around him; Beal is phenomenal, but after that it drops off sharply. Surround Wall with great 3-and-D wings and give him a smart coach and he'll be amazing. And as for his salary, well, that's the biggest drawback of his, but the cap is big enough that you can have 1-2 guys on big contracts if you want to contend. I'd take him if we could get him.

carey

Post by carey »

High is an understatement. That salary should be reserved for players like Curry, Durant, AD, Lebron... not guys that can't get your team out of the 1st round of the playoffs in the East.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

I may be crazy but I *LOVE* John Wall. If we could get him here without giving up Booker, I'd be super interested. I agree that he's an imperfect player and that his salary is high. But I think he's just about exactly what I want from a PG: athletic, blazing fast, great passer, strong defender, good floor leader. He has struggled to find playoff success in Washington, but I think part of that is that his coaches are all horrendous. He also never has enough shooters around him; Beal is phenomenal, but after that it drops off sharply. Surround Wall with great 3-and-D wings and give him a smart coach and he'll be amazing. And as for his salary, well, that's the biggest drawback of his, but the cap is big enough that you can have 1-2 guys on big contracts if you want to contend. I'd take him if we could get him.
Otto Porter says hello. Wall has plenty to succeed roster-wise IMO, the coaching is balls, but Wall himself has to take some of the blame here. He's paid like a mega-star, and he's barely a top 5 PG in the league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

It's a little strange to me that you hate Westbrook so much but love Wall. Wall is better as a passer but they're both ball dominant 1's who don't really provide much when they don't have the ball. Call me crazy but I wouldn't take wall if they just gave him to us for free. That contract is massive and scary.