2018 Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2018 Free Agency

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:The delusion with Dragic is pretty heavy by some around here. I get it, I have a soft spot for him too, but he's average at best now and certainly not worth the money left on his contract in a trade.

I'd be happy with bringing him back, but I'll be pissed off if McD gives up a significant asset (i.e. 1st round pick) to do it.
I really don't think it's delusion and nobody is proposing we give up anything of significance to make it happen. It could possibly be a mutually beneficial thing for both teams.
This for me, and I cannot stand the guy myself. His 9th alternate all-star game this past year and that one 3rd team because there was nobody else to give it to all-nba year had some people super inflating his value. Solid player, wouldnt be here long, could reshape some of the image of this team, etc.. Thats why I'd go for him.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:When and how are we ever going to get a big equal to or better than Capella?
Do we need one? Plus, you could sign Capela and still not have the player that you are watching with the Rockets. Lastly, I don't think we have to solve all of our issues in one offseason.
JustWinBaby wrote:If we do draft Doncic isn't he supposed to be an expert playmaker similar to Simmons? We also have two other potential playmakers in Booker and Jackson to get Capella the ball.
I'm not counting on anyone from that group to have the elite passing ability of James Harden or Chris Paul.
Why does it feel like people are only looking at what Capela does on the offensive side of the ball? As if he hasn't shown to be a good rebounder, defender, good in transition, good as a help defender etc..? Yeah, a lot of his buckets on offense come from lobs, you dont need to be an "elite" passer to throw a lob or a pocket pass, you dont need to be elite to run a PnR either.
I think he would have to be a factor on the offensive end if you're going to give him the max.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:The delusion with Dragic is pretty heavy by some around here. I get it, I have a soft spot for him too, but he's average at best now and certainly not worth the money left on his contract in a trade.

I'd be happy with bringing him back, but I'll be pissed off if McD gives up a significant asset (i.e. 1st round pick) to do it.
I really don't think it's delusion and nobody is proposing we give up anything of significance to make it happen. It could possibly be a mutually beneficial thing for both teams.
if the suns were unfortunate to see it's 2018 pick drop #4, i'd consider trading knight, alan williams and #4 for dragic.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:When and how are we ever going to get a big equal to or better than Capella?
Do we need one? Plus, you could sign Capela and still not have the player that you are watching with the Rockets. Lastly, I don't think we have to solve all of our issues in one offseason.
JustWinBaby wrote:If we do draft Doncic isn't he supposed to be an expert playmaker similar to Simmons? We also have two other potential playmakers in Booker and Jackson to get Capella the ball.
I'm not counting on anyone from that group to have the elite passing ability of James Harden or Chris Paul.
Why does it feel like people are only looking at what Capela does on the offensive side of the ball? As if he hasn't shown to be a good rebounder, defender, good in transition, good as a help defender etc..? Yeah, a lot of his buckets on offense come from lobs, you dont need to be an "elite" passer to throw a lob or a pocket pass, you dont need to be elite to run a PnR either.
I think he would have to be a factor on the offensive end if you're going to give him the max.
Sure, but I dont think he's a non factor as it stands without Harden/Paul. Those guys just don't make bad players good, they can accentuate a players strengths, but its not like Capela is Len out there doing things. He has to know what do when the ball comes his way, or how to get into position to receive a pass on a dive. DAJ looked just find without Paul this year, I think Capela will be just fine without Harden/Paul as well. He knows how to play to his strengths.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

if the suns were unfortunate to see it's 2018 pick drop #4, i'd consider trading knight, alan williams and #4 for dragic.
Please no, that's a huge overpay and Miami would be jumping for joy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Yeah, no way.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

He's the only one taking that idea seriously.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:

BKnight and #59 for him? They get a 2nd rounder and a pg who is 6 years younger for less money?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

No way! That's crazy talk.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

INFORMER wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Sure, but I dont think he's a non factor as it stands without Harden/Paul. Those guys just don't make bad players good, they can accentuate a players strengths, but its not like Capela is Len out there doing things. He has to know what do when the ball comes his way, or how to get into position to receive a pass on a dive. DAJ looked just find without Paul this year, I think Capela will be just fine without Harden/Paul as well. He knows how to play to his strengths.
You may very well be right. And I hope you are because I like Capela.

Ultimately for me, I feel that good center play is not hard to come by, and I still would prefer to reserve max contracts for superstars.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Found Riley :D

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

INFORMER wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

You may very well be right. And I hope you are because I like Capela.

Ultimately for me, I feel that good center play is not hard to come by, and I still would prefer to reserve max contracts for superstars.
I can see your point but Capella has impressed me every time I have watched the Rockets and I have watched them a lot. He always seems to make an eye popping play either defensively or offensively. He has dominated Gobert in the series against Utah and I really did not think that would happen. He is like a bigger version of The Matrix, he is always on the move and stays involved. After how he has performed thus far this season and the playoffs his value is rising. If they finish off the Jazz and beat the Warriors he definitely will be part of the equation and will command the max this off season.

This is from a guy that agrees with you on not over paying for the center position. I am hoping that we draft Doncic and pick up a big later in the draft that brings defense, rebounding and a good pair of hands. There are several bigs that appear to be available for our 16th pick. Robert Williams, Jontay Porterand Brandon McCoy. I really do not know much about these guys but I hope we draft one of them if we draft Doncic. A playmaker and a big are our two obivous needs this off season along with some legit 3 point threats. We could add some real clarity to our off season next week.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Capela, but if you sign him to a max contract he's going to break your heart. Awesome role player, really fills a need there in Houston. Probably slightly less effective outside of that system. Would be nice to have him, but not worth the max.