2018 NBA Playoffs, Second Round (Conf. Semis)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, Second Round (Conf. Semis)

Post by Cap »

Embiid missing the potentially tying layup with 10 seconds left against the harassing D of Baynes.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Rozier with two free throws to make it a four-point game.

Then JJ Reddick hits a three. One-point game, Celts ball. 3.8 to go.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marcus Smart misses the first FT with 2.4 to go. Makes second. Philly has no timeouts to advance. Length-of-the-court inbounds pass intercepted by Smart to end the game. And the series.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Cap wrote:Marcus Smart misses the first FT with 2.4 to go. Makes second. Philly has no timeouts to advance. Length-of-the-court inbounds pass intercepted by Smart to end the game.
Smart should just try to miss every FT from now on :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That was an exciting finish. Really wanted Philly to elongate the series and make it interesting. If they had won, they would have had a legitimate shot at winning in 7. Alas.

Growing experience for the Sixers. Maybe it's best that they don't get everything handed to them too quickly. They need to get better this offseason. This should put a fire in their belly to do that. 1-2 more years of letdown should fuel them to be a contender for the next decade or so.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I think Embiid goes back to the tape of that late layup and realizes that he rushed it and he had Baynes if he had been patient. Embiid will be even more of a monster next season as he and Simmons get more savvy.

How about Saric as the 3rd best player on the Sixers? That dude is a gamer.

Hats of to the Celtics for playing like veterans, even tough they are young, too.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Saric is what we hope Bender will be. He's a player. I remember the question marks about his attitude and his father being too involved. He's a major piece for them and really gives them a huge advantage.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

ShelC wrote:Saric is what we hope Bender will be. He's a player. I remember the question marks about his attitude and his father being too involved. He's a major piece for them and really gives them a huge advantage.
“Potential Bender” unleashed is something I would love to get out of Coach Kov’s tenure and get me on his corner. With structure and defined paths of development, I’m really positive that those flashes will become our glue guy, borderline third best player. Until now he has been practically on his own, something he never had to do, coming from academies and under age programs, unlike the usual “shine or go home” rout in America.

He will never be an alpha (something expected out of a 4th pick) but we don’t need him to be it, we actually need an uber beta do-the little-things player, like Shawn Marion in the heydays.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

You can say that again!

Indy

Post by Indy »

You can say that again!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:How about Saric as the 3rd best player on the Sixers? That dude is a gamer.
I like Saric a lot. But what about JJ Redick? He was awesome for them this year, especially in the playoffs. On a team with some shaky jumpshooters like Simmons, Redick played a crucial role. Also stepped it up big time in the postseason.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:How about Saric as the 3rd best player on the Sixers? That dude is a gamer.
I like Saric a lot. But what about JJ Redick? He was awesome for them this year, especially in the playoffs. On a team with some shaky jumpshooters like Simmons, Redick played a crucial role. Also stepped it up big time in the postseason.
they paid him 23M to play there for one year. a team that was expecting to make the playoffs.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's been perfect for them. I wonder if he stays long term, not at 23 mil a year, but at a more reasonable price.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:He's been perfect for them. I wonder if he stays long term, not at 23 mil a year, but at a more reasonable price.
I am not sure what top teams around the league have for cap space. But nearly everyone not name Warriors or Rockets could use a guy like him that shoots 42% from 3 and is a good floor leader.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Redick played really well for PHI, as well as McConnell in limited minutes.

I think you move forward with Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Redick (at the right price), Fultz, McConnell, and try to add some athletic defenders and even moor shooting. A lot depends on how good Fultz becomes and how much shooting Simmons can add.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
ShelC wrote:He's been perfect for them. I wonder if he stays long term, not at 23 mil a year, but at a more reasonable price.
I am not sure what top teams around the league have for cap space. But nearly everyone not name Warriors or Rockets could use a guy like him that shoots 42% from 3 and is a good floor leader.
He will be 34 at the start of the season. I wonder if he will get some diminishing multi-year offers like we gave Duds.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Indy wrote:
He will be 34 at the start of the season. I wonder if he will get some diminishing multi-year offers like we gave Duds.
I think he is much more valuable than Dudley. Considering all of their rookie deals in Philly, they could bring him back for the same price next year.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Indy wrote:
I think he is much more valuable than Dudley. Considering all of their rookie deals in Philly, they could bring him back for the same price next year.
You have to look at a guy like Korver who is 37 and has been able to stay in the league shooting the 3 at high volume at over 40% for a long time. If he stays with the 6ers I don't see him getting those 13 shots per game next season but he might still shoot 6 or 7 3s per game. He's definitely more valuable than Dudley, who for some reason makes $3M more per year than Korver.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Indy wrote:
:shock: Of course he's better than Dudley. He's better now than Dudley was at 28.

They can afford somebody on a big salary for 2 seasons. Maybe 3 if they move Covington. But if I'm offering a contract to Reddick, it's 20, 18. Or maybe 18, 16.

But that's a consolation prize. If I was Philly, I would go send an amazing offer and presentation to PG13. That would be a PERFECT fit for both the player and the team.