2018 NBA Playoffs, Second Round (Conf. Semis)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, Second Round (Conf. Semis)

Post by carey »

That was a beat down.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Mitchell out. It's a shame.

Split T

Post by Split T »

CP3 with an epic closing for Houston. Harden was bad and cp3 put the team on his back and carried them to the conference finals.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Go after him even if we do draft Doncic. We need athletic defenders who actually know how to play in the worst way.
I like Exum, but he cannot stay healthy and having him and Josh Jackson on the perimeter would be brutal offensively.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The meltdown by Philly was also pretty interesting. Boston has been really impressive through two games in that series. I didn't really expect them to do this well, but they have a lot of savvy players, a great coach, and an awesome home-court advantage. I still want to see what Philly does when they go back and play at home, but maybe their youth and inexperience are showing through.
I enjoy watching smug Simmons struggle.. I dislike him greatly.
Why?!
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Pelicans are fun, is there anything they can do to become a contender? No cap space this off season, anyone they can get with the MLE? Will Barton? Would Tyreke Evans come back?

Will Cousins help? Could they sign and trade him?

A cousins for LeBron sign and trade would be fun. Jrue/LeBron/AD would be fantastic. Is there another non-elite team(GS/Houston/Boston with Kyrie/Hayward) that LeBron could join that would give him a better title shot?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Pels need wing help. They need shooters. Also, can Rondo be trusted if they invest in him long term or do they go back to Holiday as their starting PG?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Split T wrote:CP3 with an epic closing for Houston. Harden was bad and cp3 put the team on his back and carried them to the conference finals.
Tucker with 19 pts and boards for the Rockets.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:CP3 with an epic closing for Houston. Harden was bad and cp3 put the team on his back and carried them to the conference finals.
2 games in a row CPS was clearly the best player on that team. He is exactly what the Rockets needed.

And let's give some props to our boy PJ Tucker. He is playing great in this postseason.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Jrue contract will always be a debate but he was one of the more impressive players for me this postseason.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Lots of interesting questions for NOP this offseason. I thought they would barely miss the playoffs or get swept in the first round, but Rondo and Mirotic really locked in and gave that team enough talent to push through.

As others have said, they don't have much in the way of assets to make real moves this offseason, and Rondo is a question mark.

I think they need to go hard after Cousins this offseason, if only so they can trade him. They can't afford to let any assets just walk away. I think they bring back Rondo, and I think he will continue to be a positive for them. One good shooter on the wing for the MLE (Reddick? Caldwell-Pope?, Bellinelli?). And then be patient. You can build the roster step by step if you stop handing out terrible contracts.

Most likely, they lose Cousins for nothing and go after Isaiah Thomas.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote: Is there another non-elite team(GS/Houston/Boston with Kyrie/Hayward) that LeBron could join that would give him a better title shot?
People are saying Philly if LeBron wants to stay in the East but as much as Simmons handles the ball I don't see how that works with LeBron. Especially since you can't use him as a shooter.

There's a couple of rumors about him going back to Miami. Especially with Chris Paul also a UFA this summer. If Bosh comes off the books because of retirement & they dump Dragic then watch out for a LeBron & Paul team-up with Wade's corpse in Miami again.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Still don't think Miami would have any space. They've got a lot of big contracts on the books.

Edit: Just checked, they have 145 million committed next year. Dropping dragic and Bosh puts them at 100 million, so still no space.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think he would ditch them for Miami again. The media would skewer him.

I think if he leaves Cleveland he goes to LA. It's the only team that makes sense. He already lives in LA part of the year; access to the media and Hollywood; lovely place to live (arguably); NBA's premier franchise. Gets to end his career there, work on his media empire, mentor the young guys. Probably not a title contender, but neither is Cleveland, and there isn't a very obvious team you could put him on that would become a contender that has any cap space.

carey

Post by carey »

How on earth does Miami have $145M in salaries with that squad?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:How on earth does Miami have $145M in salaries with that squad?
Bosh at 27 million
Whiteside at 24 million
Tyler Johnson at 19
Dragic at 18
James Johnson at 14
Waiters at 13
Olynyk at 11
Richardson at 9

Just overpaying role players it looks like

carey

Post by carey »

Didn't Bosh retire? That should come off the cap next season. That Tyler Johnson contract is inexcusable. The Olynyk one is actually pretty good. Waiters played them pretty hard. James Johnson sometimes is worth that & sometimes isn't. I never know what to think about Richardson. They have a decision to make about Winslow this summer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
carey wrote:How on earth does Miami have $145M in salaries with that squad?
Bosh at 27 million
Whiteside at 24 million
Tyler Johnson at 19
Dragic at 18
James Johnson at 14
Waiters at 13
Olynyk at 11
Richardson at 9

Just overpaying role players it looks like
That is the perfect recipe for mediocrity and exactly what I want the Suns to avoid

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Bosh still wants to play, but he has to be cleared by medical staff which hasn't happened yet. I think that salary will come off Miami's books.

Tyler Johnson had one of those weird contracts signed in restricted free agency that attempted to scare away the matching team, but Miami matched. He's a nice player, but at 8-9 million, not 19.

I love Josh Richardson. He's a great defender, has turned into a reliable shooter and has some playmaking chops. Not too far off from Khris Middleton and what I was hoping we could get a little of out of Davon Reed.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sixers-Celtics exciting finish on now.