2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:20 pm
It's funny, I would actually consider him with the 59th pick. I would also consider Giannis's brother Kosta for that spot too.
If he's in the draft, I would expect Kosta to go higher than 59th purely based on pedigree.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:41 pm
Why? I'd rather trade that pick for a bag of gently used carrots if LiAngelo is the other option.
I'm afraid to ask how those carrots were previously used.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 pm
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:41 pm
Why? I'd rather trade that pick for a bag of gently used carrots if LiAngelo is the other option.
I'm afraid to ask how those carrots were previously used.
He said he would be gentle

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:38 pm
In2ition wrote:
It's funny, I would actually consider him with the 59th pick. I would also consider Giannis's brother Kosta for that spot too.
If he's in the draft, I would expect Kosta to go higher than 59th purely based on pedigree.
I'm pretty sure he's in the draft, but is nowhere to be found on lists.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:47 pm
He's actually a pretty decent shooter with a quick release and range. He's strong and a decent athlete who also has some skills on the catch and in the post. He's partially intriguing.

As well as a perfectly defined lesser brother, traditions are important.
He's our guy.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:11 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
In2ition wrote:
He is testing the waters, but I don't think he has made a final decision. If he is drafted, he probably needs two years in the G League.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:11 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
In2ition wrote:
He is testing the waters, but I don't think he has made a final decision. If he is drafted, he probably needs two years in the G League.
You're probably right. He does have great genes and measurables. Seems worth a shot.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

We should probably wait for Alex. Supposedly he's the best of the 5 brothers though I find that hard to believe. He's still in HS.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

And rebrand to Second Suns.

carey

Post by carey »

Before any of you freak out over the Suns news from HoopsHype today please remember that it is HoopsHype & they bullshit for a living.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 am
Before any of you freak out over the Suns news from HoopsHype today please remember that it is HoopsHype & they bullshit for a living.
But how surprised would you be if you found out it were true?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:17 am
carey wrote:
VERY.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 am
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
VERY.
I can’t even imagine.

FWIW, HoopsHype got it from Marc Berman of the NY Post. https://nypost.com/2018/05/28/nba-took- ... or-knicks/
Last edited by Cap on Tue May 29, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

This isn't exactly "news", but the folks at the Bleacher Report think the Suns are a likely free agent destination.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/277 ... ree-agents

More interesting, is this quote from the Hawks GM, which sums up the free agent market this summer:
We're going to continue to look to gather assets and use our cap flexibility. As you guys are probably aware, this summer is going to be really tight summer financially in the NBA. We're projecting as many as 16 teams could be looking at the luxury tax. We're going to be one of those seven teams that has any real significant cap space. We're going to look to use that cap space to relieve some of the financial troubles that other teams might be having to continue to gather assets.
There are 2 types of assets the Suns could compete for this summer. Established players in free agency or trades, or salary dumps with assets attached. I hadn't thought of it before, but I bet there will be some good competition to take on the assets available with the bad salaries. Maybe 3 or 4 teams could look to take on some of those contracts. Do you folks think it's a buyers market or a sellers market?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Michael Frickin' Beasley? Seriously?
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Cap wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 am
carey wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 am
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
VERY.
I can’t even imagine.

FWIW, HoopsHype got it from Marc Berman of the NY Post. https://nypost.com/2018/05/28/nba-took- ... or-knicks/
Dang it! Word filtering breaks the link! Well, you can find it from here: https://nypost.com/author/marc-berman/

Anyway, it’s just one idiot anonymous “NBA source.” I wouldn’t worry much about it. The idea is completely absurd.

carey

Post by carey »

Just in case any of you forgot all the things that went wrong while he was here: https://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/20 ... oenix-suns

I can't imagine revisiting this particular well. Not to mention I think we stretched $7M of his remaining salary in 2013 which means we literally just finished paying him (twice remaining years plus 1, so 2x2+1.)
Beasley was arrested for marijuana possession in August, which marked the third time during his tenure in Phoenix that he had found himself in hot water. In May, it was reported that Beasley was under investigation for an alleged sexual assault. (Beasley has not been charged but the case is still open, according to the Arizona Republic.) In February, news broke that Beasley was cited on Jan. 25 for multiple driving violations for driving 71 mph in a 45-mph zone at 1:10 a.m. in a Mercedes that did not have a license plate. Beasley was driving on a suspended license and a loaded gun was found in the vehicle. Suns management did not discipline Beasley after the incident.

“We have high standards for all of our players,” Suns GM Ryan McDonough, who was hired earlier this summer, said in a statement. “We expect them to represent the team and the community in a positive manner both on and off the court.”
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Yeah, let’s trot out as one of our major summer additions a guy who was so bad last time he was here, on and off the court, that we ended up paying him to go away. As a bonus, he serves as a cautionary tale on how disappointing a Top-2 pick can be.

Don’t be ridiculous. These guys want to sell tickets. They’re not going to sign Beasley.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

That anonymous could very well be Beasley's agent trying to stir up some interest on what may be a depressed market for 2nd and 3rd tier free agents.

Move along. Nothing to see here!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Gambo says no interest on Beasley. Agent just trying to stir the pot. The Suns are known to make some dumb moves but so far they've stayed away from repeating dumb decisions on players that didn't really work out.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."