2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by Cap »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:43 pm
SDC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:19 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:17 pm
The tank talk can be retired.
the temptation is still there in the form of the suns 2019 first round pick
Well then, let's trade it away unprotected for a good point guard. Will that get rid of it?
If by the latter “it” you mean Ryan McDonough, then yes, probably.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JeremyG wrote:
SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Well then, let's trade it away unprotected for a good point guard. Will that get rid of it?
That would be awful.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

JeremyG wrote:
SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
then how can you have a shot at rj barrett or zion?

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:28 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am
As of right now, I look forward to watching Harrison and Melton wear out the opposing PG with 94 ft of relentless defense.
Yeah, I'm actually hoping we don't make a move for a point guard, unless it is an early preview of TJ McConnell or Malcolm Brogdon. I honestly would start Canaan, unless he looks awful in the preseason.
Hmmm, I'm not feeling Canaan. I think he gets cut before the season starts, and I don't understand your favor in him.
Good shooter, takes care of the basketball, plays within himself.
Canaan also showed he knew how to get the ball to the bigs prior to his injury.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:35 pm
Is Dallas planning to run Doncic at starting PG with Smith Jr as SG? What is their projected starting 5? Doncic-Smith-Barnes-Nowitski-Jordan? Bench of JJ Barea, Wes Matthews, Dwight Powell, Greek Freak's brother, and a few others?

Hmm. Wow. I opened up their roster page expecting to say what trash they are. But I kind of like that team better than ours. Dirk is probably pretty much done, so they have a big hole at PF, but otherwise I like their mix of players pretty well. And with Doncic running their offense I bet they are sneaky good and overachieve. Jordan should play well with Luka. That might be a sneaky fun team to watch on League Pass. Not a playoff team but maybe surprisingly decent and competitive and entertaining.

I read where they plan on putting Doncic at the 4. I expect Dirk might come off the bench.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Just in case any of you McDonough lovers aren't paying attention. If he does not acquire a starting PG prior to the start of the season, this will be the 2nd year in row that has happened. OH, sorry he had Bledsoe last year for the 1st 3 games prior to the hair salon.

It's like flying a plane without an engine.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
That would be awful.
It depends on the trade/point guard. For example, if it was for Steph Curry it wouldn't be awful. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:23 pm
I don't get all this fretting over the team. We essentially will be very close in style to the '16-'17 Rockets squad. I have a ton of faith in Igor, who took a Slovenian team that was projected to place 7th at best in the Euro cup to an undefeated and Euro cup championship. He already has a reputation of forming a strategy and style conducive to the roster he has. Even in summer league his squad took it to teams, and we haven't even talked about his rep at developing players to fill their roles. I still think there is another move to be made prior to the season yet to fill the PG role with a competent vet, but word is that Harrison has been developing nicely.
The Kokoskov hiring is what gives me the most hope for this team. A good coach can apparently do wonders, especially for young teams - like in Boston and Utah, although their FOs are also top notch. I am biased, but Igor really did wonders with the Slovenian team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:35 pm
Is Dallas planning to run Doncic at starting PG with Smith Jr as SG? What is their projected starting 5? Doncic-Smith-Barnes-Nowitski-Jordan? Bench of JJ Barea, Wes Matthews, Dwight Powell, Greek Freak's brother, and a few others?

Hmm. Wow. I opened up their roster page expecting to say what trash they are. But I kind of like that team better than ours. Dirk is probably pretty much done, so they have a big hole at PF, but otherwise I like their mix of players pretty well. And with Doncic running their offense I bet they are sneaky good and overachieve. Jordan should play well with Luka. That might be a sneaky fun team to watch on League Pass. Not a playoff team but maybe surprisingly decent and competitive and entertaining.

I read where they plan on putting Doncic at the 4. I expect Dirk might come off the bench.
Rick said that if he is still the Head Coach, Dirk will always start.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:25 pm
Just in case any of you McDonough lovers aren't paying attention. If he does not acquire a starting PG prior to the start of the season, this will be the 2nd year in row that has happened. OH, sorry he had Bledsoe last year for the 1st 3 games prior to the hair salon.

I don't know what you are arguing here. We didn't go into last season without a point guard; we had Eric Bledsoe. So this won't be the "2nd year in a row" of any such thing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/JonathanTjarks/status/1037012393614815233

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:36 am
JustWinBaby wrote:

I don't know what you are arguing here. We didn't go into last season without a point guard; we had Eric Bledsoe. So this won't be the "2nd year in a row" of any such thing.
Hey, don't ruin his ranting with facts!!! :lol:

SDC

Post by SDC »

can you believe a starting 5 of dragic bledsoe (later gerald green) pj tucker frye and miles plumlee won 48 games in the west?
Last edited by SDC on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

mikal wont be as effective without somebody getting him open looks. maybe ayton too without a setup man.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

SDC wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 am
can you believe a starting 5 of dragic bledsoe (later gerald green) pj tucker frye and miles plumlee won 48 games in the west?
Hornacek was a solid coach who was screwed by a bad front office.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:

He also apparently didn't check out the McDonough poll.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Neva lost. Except that one time. And the other one.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:

Come on. It was widely reported that the great McDonough did not want Bledsoe and that he tried to trade him last summer but his negotiation skills were not capable of making a deal. So Bledsoe was dead man walking to start the season. Then he trades him without getting a PG in return. On paper we had Bledsoe but that was a mirage.

This used to be the place where point guards were important. McDonough has changed that in the wrong direction.

Canaan will be the starter.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:

He also apparently didn't check out the McDonough poll.
Yeah, most of you pussies think he is mediocore with room for improvemen, WTF.

He sucks and has sucked for a while. He should have been gone prior to this draft and free agency period. Actually he should have been fired after he hired Earl Watson. I cannot understand how he gets any support.

By the way in my original post on this matter I said we started with Bledsoe for 3 games.

This is what was in my post: "OH, sorry he had Bledsoe last year for the 1st 3 games prior to the hair salon."

Try working with the facts.