2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:04 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:20 pm
Yeah, people say he's young, give him time. But you can't teach aggressiveness. You either have it or you don't. I just don't think he has a killer instinct. I'm starting to think he's a lost cause. What a lost draft. :(
Every GM wanted that next Porzingis or Gobert but it's increasingly looking like we got another Darko, which is actually the most common outcome in this situation.
I blame the NBA and their fixed lottery that year. Simmons was the big prize, but in their infinite wisdom they felt it was best to give the top three picks to Philly, LAL, and Boston.

With that said, I think we benefited from the lottery this year. Of course, it was when it was a deep class so many benefited this year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Yeah, people say he's young, give him time. But you can't teach aggressiveness. You either have it or you don't. I just don't think he has a killer instinct. I'm starting to think he's a lost cause. What a lost draft. :(
Every GM wanted that next Porzingis or Gobert but it's increasingly looking like we got another Darko, which is actually the most common outcome in this situation.
I blame the NBA and their fixed lottery that year. Simmons was the big prize, but in their infinite wisdom they felt it was best to give the top three picks to Philly, LAL, and Boston.

With that said, I think we benefited from the lottery this year. Of course, it was when it was a deep class so many benefited this year.
I'm so happy we got that #1 monkey off our back you can't even believe it.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Bender was never that great of a prospect. Take the 18 year old prospect Bender and put him in this draft and I'm not sure he even cracks the lottery. It's unfortunate we drafted so high in such a bad draft.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Bender was never that great of a prospect. Take the 18 year old prospect Bender and put him in this draft and I'm not sure he even cracks the lottery. It's unfortunate we drafted so high in such a bad draft.
I'll always wonder what he would've become had he been drafted into a more stable organization or left overseas for a couple of years.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Playing overseas might have helped. I still would just stick him in the g league all year. He needs to learn to do something on the court.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think he would do better if they left him in a lab for a year. With stem cell advances, maybe he could grow a pair!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:34 pm
I'd like for us to give Holmes a legit shot. Sauce is nice but Holmes can really play above the rim, hit the 3, bring some energy and bounce off the bench.

With Bender, those quotes sound like frustration even from a new coach like Igor. You see the size and skillset, but he's just invisible out there. He doesn't seem to make any real impact. He came in with a rep for perimeter defense as a 7footer so where's that gone? Guarding 4s shouldn't be a problem honestly. Even 5s are smaller so he should match up well there too.

Holmes can hit the 3?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:25 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:34 pm
I'd like for us to give Holmes a legit shot. Sauce is nice but Holmes can really play above the rim, hit the 3, bring some energy and bounce off the bench.

With Bender, those quotes sound like frustration even from a new coach like Igor. You see the size and skillset, but he's just invisible out there. He doesn't seem to make any real impact. He came in with a rep for perimeter defense as a 7footer so where's that gone? Guarding 4s shouldn't be a problem honestly. Even 5s are smaller so he should match up well there too.

Holmes can hit the 3?
Holmes can't even set a screen without fouling.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Suns might go hard after Tobias Harris this off-season, I'm guessing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 pm
I'd be ok with that. Tobias is good

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It'll be hard to outbid the Clippers unless they go after a couple of all-star level players and ask him to take less money than he's worth on the open market.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:14 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 pm
I'd be ok with that. Tobias is good
To play him where, at the 4?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, he's been a 4 most his career

SDC

Post by SDC »

josh jackson and bender should worry for their careers if suns go in to tank mode again and prolong The Process.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bender should worry about his career no matter what happens. He'll be out of the league soon at his current rate.
"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 pm
Bender should worry about his career no matter what happens. He'll be out of the league soon at his current rate.
he and jackson are in a bad situation, and getting worse.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SDC wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:47 pm
Superbone wrote:
Jackson has his issues, but he's not remotely close to being in the same spot as Bender

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SDC wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:47 pm
Superbone wrote:
Dude why are you mentioning Jackson and Bender in the same breath?

SDC

Post by SDC »

josh jackson and the suns first round pick for lonzo
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechec ... de/7119414

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:18 pm
josh jackson and the suns first round pick for lonzo
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechec ... de/7119414
Are you trying to trigger people?

Btw, I would certainly think about this trade, although I think Jackson would be better with Lonzo.