2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by JCSunsfan »

virtual9mm wrote:Keep an eye on the KAT situation. No way I see the Suns giving up the #1 pick, but what if they can pick him up for other assets and select Doncic? The Suns have a treasure trove of picks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... hony-Towns
If we could get KAT for other assets and draft Doncic. We could get Doncic for thise same assets and draft Ayton. Seems to me anyway. Neither is likely at all.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Is there anyone "available" you'd trade #1 for? I can't see it, unless someone like Davis asks out, but then Boston could swoop in pretty easily.

For AD there is no better trade piece in existence than the first pick in this draft. There is nothing Boston could do to match it. Even then, I would not necessarily do it. There is no one else in the league I would trade this pick for. No one.
Wow. I think you are more enamored with the idea of having the number pick than the actual player it could net us.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Is there anyone "available" you'd trade #1 for? I can't see it, unless someone like Davis asks out, but then Boston could swoop in pretty easily.

For AD there is no better trade piece in existence than the first pick in this draft. There is nothing Boston could do to match it. Even then, I would not necessarily do it. There is no one else in the league I would trade this pick for. No one.
Wow. I think you are more enamored with the idea of having the number pick than the actual player it could net us.
Not the pick. The player.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wow.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

JCSunsfan wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:Keep an eye on the KAT situation. No way I see the Suns giving up the #1 pick, but what if they can pick him up for other assets and select Doncic? The Suns have a treasure trove of picks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... hony-Towns
If we could get KAT for other assets and draft Doncic. We could get Doncic for thise same assets and draft Ayton. Seems to me anyway. Neither is likely at all.
We could, I suppose. But I can see the Towns situation getting messy in Minny.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not surprised that Minnesota and KAT are on uneasy terms. The way he was coached and his performance in the playoffs were a debacle. I think both sides share the blame, but Minnesota would be very stupid to deal him for anything less than a top 3 pick or established all-star.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I was actually encouraged by Ryan's combine interview today. It sounds like he is approaching this much more soundly then some reports have indicated. I love that they specifically asked him about what Boston did last year.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Hermen wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Eh. Boston has Sac and Mem picks next year I believe, Tatum and Brown. Some combination of that beats #1.
Best pick in the best draft in more than a decade? Nope. The nba is about the best possible pieces.
I think Tatum shows as much promise as any #1 pick can give you (and he pretty much was #1 pick last year, a very hyped up draft IIRC), and Brown is close. Those picks next year can easily end up top 5. I don't think the Suns can offer as much as Boston without crippling the team.

And it's just me but I never expect a draft to be "the best draft since ....". I mean, it can happen, but counting on it is way too optimistic IMO. For example, a decade ago there was a draft with Curry, Harden, Griffin, DeRozan, also Holiday, Teague, Evans. Do you really expect more from this draft?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Hermen wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Hermen wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Eh. Boston has Sac and Mem picks next year I believe, Tatum and Brown. Some combination of that beats #1.
Best pick in the best draft in more than a decade? Nope. The nba is about the best possible pieces.
I think Tatum shows as much promise as any #1 pick can give you (and he pretty much was #1 pick last year, a very hyped up draft IIRC), and Brown is close. Those picks next year can easily end up top 5. I don't think the Suns can offer as much as Boston without crippling the team.

And it's just me but I never expect a draft to be "the best draft since ....". I mean, it can happen, but counting on it is way too optimistic IMO. For example, a decade ago there was a draft with Curry, Harden, Griffin, DeRozan, also Holiday, Teague, Evans. Do you really expect more from this draft?
Yes. I expect more from this draft. It is a remarkable draft.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Hermen wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Hermen wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Yeah, this draft is outstanding.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I'd trade #1 for KAT, I'd definitely trade it for AD and Giannis, but those aren't happening. I'd consider it for a healthy and committed long term Kawhi. I'd trade it for Simmons. Embiid if he didn't have health risks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:I was actually encouraged by Ryan's combine interview today. It sounds like he is approaching this much more soundly then some reports have indicated. I love that they specifically asked him about what Boston did last year.

What did he say about what Boston did?

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

In2ition wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Hermen wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Hermen wrote: Eh. Boston has Sac and Mem picks next year I believe, Tatum and Brown. Some combination of that beats #1.

Yeah, this draft is outstanding.
We better get ourselves one of those MVPs then :)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

To me #1 is only available for AD or Giannis. Don't trust Kawhi to be worth it without Pop. Simmons would need to at least be able to make FTs to be in the conversation and that's not a given. KAT gives me pause because he is very porous on defense, but Booker-KAT would probably be too appealing to refuse, although I would do everything I could to make it Jackson+ instead.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:I was actually encouraged by Ryan's combine interview today. It sounds like he is approaching this much more soundly then some reports have indicated. I love that they specifically asked him about what Boston did last year.
Can you elaborate on what he said

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Booker lobbying for the Suns to bring KAT in

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/997648229511577600

I would buy season tickets immediately if they acquired Towns without trading Jackson (or Booker obviously) and kept #16.

So low key I'm hoping they don't trade for Towns so I can save myself some money but on the other hand.... :shock:

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:

Woj asked him about how Danny Ainge identified that he wanted Tatum, traded out of the first pick and got his guy; so that question was if Ryan was open to something to that. Ryan essentially said they're open to a lot of things. He also said people are a little mistaken if they think it is just about 1 or 2 guys; the Suns are looking at about 5 or 6. Mentioned interviewing Marvin Bagley, and then he referenced Bamba and Michael Porter Jr., but interestingly he DID NOT mention Jaren Jackson Jr.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote:

Woj asked him about how Danny Ainge identified that he wanted Tatum, traded out of the first pick and got his guy; so that question was if Ryan was open to something to that. Ryan essentially said they're open to a lot of things. He also said people are a little mistaken if they think it is just about 1 or 2 guys; the Suns are looking at about 5 or 6. Mentioned interviewing Marvin Bagley, and then he referenced Bamba and Michael Porter Jr., but interestingly he DID NOT mention Jaren Jackson Jr.
I know you like JJJ, I do as well, did you take that as we're not interested in him or is it possible McD is trying to give the impression we're not interested?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think the omission was significant. I don't think he just forgot about him in the moment. But I think it could go either way: either he doesn't have him on the radar, or he isn't trying to show his hand.

Besides the JJJ thing, I have another theory: Ryan prefers Doncic, Sarver prefers Ayton. Ryan asked Sarver to go watch Doncic playoffs; Sarver is keeping an open mind and wanted James Jones's input as well, so they went together to see for themselves.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:I think the omission was significant. I don't think he just forgot about him in the moment. But I think it could go either way: either he doesn't have him on the radar, or he isn't trying to show his hand.

Besides the JJJ thing, I have another theory: Ryan prefers Doncic, Sarver prefers Ayton. Ryan asked Sarver to go watch Doncic playoffs; Sarver is keeping an open mind and wanted James Jones's input as well, so they went together to see for themselves.
That's interesting. I could see all of that. It fits into everything we've seen and heard thus far.
"Be Legendary."