2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by Split T »

Morris stock plummeted overnight. You could argue that we should have predicted that when we traded Marcus, but unless we traded them together, there was no way to keep Markieff's stock high. We all hated watching him on the team, but we ended up with decent value for him.

I feel like he's had 1 bad move that is more like a 3-4 move combo. The idea of putting 3 starting pg's together was a bad idea and all the moves that came because of it.

1. Dragic and IT were not happy because one was relegated to standing in the corner and the other came off the bench.
2. That led to our best player demanding a trade (we did get good value for him though)
3. We had a trade in place to move IT to try to smooth things over with Dragic but it didn't matter and dragic still wanted out. We still pulled the trigger and traded IT and watched him turn into a star.
4. Not wanting to go from 3 pg's to 1, we made another trade to acquire Knight. I didn't think the trade looked as bad as it does now, but it was never smart. Knight forgetting how to play basketball has been really unfortunate and the Lakers deciding to tank for a few years made their pick more valuable than we anticipated.
5. Throughout this whole time, we remain committed to Bledsoe as our PG and we waited too long and we got only so-so value out of him.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:This one questions the motivations behind the hire:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 575908002/
I hate editorials disguised as "news" too. Sorry, I swear I am not picking on you.
No offense taken.
well you should have
Don't shoot the messenger!
Indy has always been quick on the trigger

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Indy wrote: I hate editorials disguised as "news" too. Sorry, I swear I am not picking on you.
No offense taken.
well you should have
Just ask my wife!

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
No offense taken.
well you should have
Just ask my wife!
Risky click of the day

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote: well you should have
Just ask my wife!
Risky click of the day
I have to say that I have used that link on dozens of occasions.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Superbone wrote: Don't shoot the messenger!
Just ask my wife!
Risky click of the day
I have to say that I have used that link on dozens of occasions.
It was just a joke about the context of the link (a wife saying a husband is quick on the trigger)--I don't really ever expect anyone on the forum to post an inappropriate link. :D

Indy

Post by Indy »

Oh, I know. I was just saying that I got a lot more use out of that than I ever expected. And if anyone is going to post an inappropriate link, we know it is Mori.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Oh, I know. I was just saying that I got a lot more use out of that than I ever expected. And if anyone is going to post an inappropriate link, we know it is Mori.
Yep, this whole site reboot is to make amends for his past transgressions. :)
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/994426289594478592

Split T

Post by Split T »

I saw that. Wonder if that's coming from Capela's camp to get his value up. We might love him, but can't imagine we have set plans before the draft. Unless we are 100% in on Doncic.

I'm not enamored with Capela, I think he's limited offensively, but he's a very good finisher and elite defensively. If we land Doncic, is be fine putting our money towards Capela. A Doncic/Booker/Jackson/Capela core plus another shooter is a good start.

I still don't see any reason Houston would have to not match. He seems like the most obvious match candidate of all the restricted free agents.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:I saw that. Wonder if that's coming from Capela's camp to get his value up. We might love him, but can't imagine we have set plans before the draft. Unless we are 100% in on Doncic.

I'm not enamored with Capela, I think he's limited offensively, but he's a very good finisher and elite defensively. If we land Doncic, is be fine putting our money towards Capela. A Doncic/Booker/Jackson/Capela core plus another shooter is a good start.

I still don't see any reason Houston would have to not match. He seems like the most obvious match candidate of all the restricted free agents.
Maybe if they think is really possible to land Lebron (I don’t) and gamble into preserving their cap space while we strike early with an offer, just maybe...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What exactly is the max contract figure for Capella?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:

https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/994426289594478592

:heart emoji:
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Capela, but I don't think he's worth the max. Nice player, but Houston is the perfect place for him. They don't expect him to do anything he doesn't want to do, and they need every single thing he does do. Perfect fit. He will be less valuable on any other team.

If that rumor is true, it must mean we aren't interested in drafting Ayton. Ayton isn't an NBA PF, is he? He's a center through and through, right? You wouldn't want to play Ayton and Capela at the same time, I would wager. This sounds more like we want Doncic.

But what if we draft, say, 3rd and Donk is off the table? Most of the other top players in the draft are bigs. Would we draft Bagley and play him at PF, then sign Capela to be our starting center?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

At the very least, if we offer the max and the Rockets have to max, it hurts their cap. That's probably McD's "chess move" thinking.

Indy

Post by Indy »

What is the max for him?

[rant]It seems like people throw the word "max" around thinking it is a set figure, and that bothers me.[/rant]

Excuse my extreme ranting there.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:I saw that. Wonder if that's coming from Capela's camp to get his value up. We might love him, but can't imagine we have set plans before the draft. Unless we are 100% in on Doncic.

I don't think there's any way we get him, and I'm ok with that. He is not going to be one of the best 2 players on a championship team, and I don't want us making the same mistake OKC made with Ibaka.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:What is the max for him?

[rant]It seems like people throw the word "max" around thinking it is a set figure, and that bothers me.[/rant]

Excuse my extreme ranting there.
Wow, so rant such extreme! :o
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Max would start around 25 million a year for Capela

Indy

Post by Indy »

What does Booker's start at?