2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 pm
No one is asking him to be Klay Thompson. But there are plenty of examples of non shooters becoming good shooters. There are also shooters with ugly forms that s hot respectively(Kevin martin, marion, barbosa, tayshaun prince)
No one is expecting him to be as bad as Dwight Howard, either. But if he works on his shot like Shel is describing, and if he does become that Shawn Marion or Draymond Green 33% 3pt shooter, he will still be the guy the other team dares to shoot. That can be ok if you have enough other options in the offense.
That's fine. I'll happily take that. Jackson can be very good if he shoots 33% from 3

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Curry changed his form over the summer in high school. He was younger and a good shooter even before the change though.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:53 pm
Jack doesn't offer anything we can't get from Canaan. He'd just clog the PG depth chart up even more
I like Canaan, but Jack's ability to distribute is significantly better than any point guard currently on the roster.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/WatchStadium/status/1041718424513081344

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If the Suns get away with only giving up a 2nd round pick for Beverly, I will be shocked.

If Beverly get's added, can we bring back the old, "We've added a little Rocket fuel!" marketing campaign too? I kid, I kid...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:06 pm
If the Suns get away with only giving up a 2nd round pick for Beverly, I will be shocked.

If Beverly get's added, can we bring back the old, "We've added a little Rocket fuel!" marketing campaign too? I kid, I kid...
Rocket up!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think he'd be a great pickup if healthy. Hope it happens.
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

I'd be fine giving up 2 2nd rounders for Beverly, but maybe the Clippers still see that as a non-starter.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Beverly certainly fits the mold of players the Suns are targeting this offseason. I would consider him a good pick up if the price is low.

But what is the Clippers motivation for sending PB out? He adds the same value to them that he does to us, and we can't offer salary relief in return since we don't have cap space anymore. I think we would have to include one of our young guards or one of our wings.

What would a trade look like with us bringing in 5 million bucks. Beverly for Arthur? I just don't know why the Clips would do it except as a favor to Beverly. Heck, maybe they would.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm
Beverly certainly fits the mold of players the Suns are targeting this offseason. I would consider him a good pick up if the price is low.

But what is the Clippers motivation for sending PB out? He adds the same value to them that he does to us, and we can't offer salary relief in return since we don't have cap space anymore. I think we would have to include one of our young guards or one of our wings.

What would a trade look like with us bringing in 5 million bucks. Beverly for Arthur? I just don't know why the Clips would do it except as a favor to Beverly. Heck, maybe they would.
The Clippers do have a lot of guards though. They drafted two in the lottery and also have Williams, Teodosic, Bradley, Wallace, Evans, Thornwell and Beverly. Some bench fodder for there for sure, but they probably plan to move some of them soon.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wasn't Beverley super disappointing in LAC, though? I got the sense that he is old before his time and that his body is starting to break down. Is that overblown? Does he still have "it"?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Wasn't Beverley super disappointing in LAC, though? I got the sense that he is old before his time and that his body is starting to break down. Is that overblown? Does he still have "it"?
It's hard to tell. He started off well, but had a pretty serious injury that he's recovering from. Not sure how effective he will actually be this year after microfracture and meniscus surgery.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

jonh

Post by jonh »

O_Gardino wrote:

Here is a trade scenario proposed on the RealGM board (credit to Kerrsed for proposing it):

Patrick Beverly/Boban
for
Chandler/Bucks 1st. (or 2nd round pick)

The trade removes some of the logjam in the Clipper's backcourt and allows them to reduce their roster. Chandler replaces Boban in the scenario. The trade is definitely a win for the Clippers, and is more risky for the Suns, as they are rolling the dice that Beverly's production isn't going to drop dramatically.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's 29 coming off microfracture and a torn meniscus. I'd rather go to camp with the kids we have than give up a 1st for him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Wasn't Beverley super disappointing in LAC, though? I got the sense that he is old before his time and that his body is starting to break down. Is that overblown? Does he still have "it"?
He’s not the same player he was. That’s why I think he fits our pattern this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

The suns won’t win any trades until they are a playoff team.
Give them a protected future 1st rounder and Troy Daniels.
A starting lineup of Beverley, Booker, Jackson, Ariza, and Ayton I think can make us contend for an 8th seed. The bench unit looks good too. Beverley is a good vet for Okobo and Melton too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 pm
O_Gardino wrote:

Here is a trade scenario proposed on the RealGM board (credit to Kerrsed for proposing it):

Patrick Beverly/Boban
for
Chandler/Bucks 1st. (or 2nd round pick)

The trade removes some of the logjam in the Clipper's backcourt and allows them to reduce their roster. Chandler replaces Boban in the scenario. The trade is definitely a win for the Clippers, and is more risky for the Suns, as they are rolling the dice that Beverly's production isn't going to drop dramatically.
Speaking of Boban, he's been cast in John Wick 3.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

What about something like Chandler/Daniels and our unprotected 2nd rounder for Beverly/Boban/Wesley Johnson (who'd be waived)? This way we save them about $2M in salary and clear a roster log-jam for them in addition to the asset.

One issue would be we'd almost certainly be an over-the-cap team to start the season and that would limit our offer to Melton.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:06 pm
I wouldn't be shocked because I think that's the low end of his trade value and the Clippers don't have any leverage. I said a few weeks ago that giving up anything more than a 2nd rounder for him would be overpaying.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:51 pm
What about something like Chandler/Daniels and our unprotected 2nd rounder for Beverly/Boban/Wesley Johnson (who'd be waived)? This way we save them about $2M in salary and clear a roster log-jam for them in addition to the asset.

One issue would be we'd almost certainly be an over-the-cap team to start the season and that would limit our offer to Melton.
That's not a good deal for the Suns. Boban is useless outside of the random night every other month when he goes off.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.