2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by carey »

Are we really examining video from Jamal Crawford's charity league? No one goes full speed or even defends. Come on, guys.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just posted it because he looks like Fat Quese again.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 pm
<"Phoenix Sun's Marquese Chriss really SHOWED OUT" tweet was here>

Does not look to be in great shape here.
So you think when they say he "showed out" they were talking about his belly?
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Hard to tell from that video if he is back to regular old Marquese or if he is still the evil fat version of himself, MarQueso. ༼ つ ° ͜ʖ ° ༽つ

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/quese/status/1018349799395848192

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:26 am

I have a job and hobbies. *shrugs*

Maybe if someone took their job more serious, he'd have less haters?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

His job is our hobby. More proof that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Foe whatever reason, I still don't see the size and athleticism that everyone was drooling over during the draft. Kevin Knox looks bigger and more athletic.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I wish I knew what Okobo was referring to that he doesn't do/isn't accustomed to when Igor says but they do it over here....
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Quese disappointed me with his lack of maturity especially from last SL and basically most of last season but this vid just shows how low people really are on him.
I think most just expect him to be fact and out of shape , I don't see it but can't say I'm surprised to see him not getting the benefit of the doubt tsk lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

I’m done with this guy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm still waiting, but certainly concerned.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

EDC

Post by EDC »

I would feel a lot better about Chriss if he hadn't sat out Summer League. It seems like a move made in the same mind set he had last year. That he is too good for Summer League. Even though he looked awful last time he went.

It had to be his decision. Hell the front office said he wasn't going because he was working out back in Sacremento? Something like that. I love how he then just shows up in Vegas making liars out of them.

Maybe I am just reaching but it seems like a continuation of the same attitude.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He was Watson's guy. I'm wondering how invested McD is at this point. We saw Bender there so they're clearly still working on getting the most out of him. If we're not committed to Chriss, move him for anything. Just don't let it fester like we've done in the past.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:06 am
He was Watson's guy. I'm wondering how invested McD is at this point. We saw Bender there so they're clearly still working on getting the most out of him. If we're not committed to Chriss, move him for anything. Just don't let it fester like we've done in the past.
Igor is probably waiting to see what he can get out of him. If he doesn’t improve he will probably be traded during the season for a second round pick. Unless he can be included in a bigger trade.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I love the constant hate of Chriss, yet so many people want to keep giving Bender more and more chances. For the record, I don't think either's career is set in stone, I just don't think we have the minutes to develop both anymore.

I don't know who is going to end up the better player, but it's been pretty clear to me that Chriss has been better so far. Granted, he hasn't been good, but he's shown more ability to do actual things on the court, whereas Bender is still just a theoretical player.

I also am not seeing fat quese in those videos. He looks bigger, but he looks like the same athlete.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm more inclined to give Bender a chance because what he could be is more valuable to this team than what Chriss could be.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm
I love the constant hate of Chriss, yet so many people want to keep giving Bender more and more chances. For the record, I don't think either's career is set in stone, I just don't think we have the minutes to develop both anymore.

I don't know who is going to end up the better player, but it's been pretty clear to me that Chriss has been better so far. Granted, he hasn't been good, but he's shown more ability to do actual things on the court, whereas Bender is still just a theoretical player.

I also am not seeing fat quese in those videos. He looks bigger, but he looks like the same athlete.
Agreed--from a productivity standpoint, I think its hard not to argue that Chriss has shown more than Bender up to this point. I just don't like the attitude problems that have either been alluded to in the media or shown on the court with technicals. He has appeared to feel entitled at some points, and has admitted to struggling with depression last year. I see these as warning signs that aren't present with Bender that could hurt the teams productivity long-term.

But again, I say that as a guy that is just tired of having opening disgruntled players on the team at the beginning of the season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:50 pm
I'm more inclined to give Bender a chance because what he could be is more valuable to this team than what Chriss could be.
That's fair, and I'm ok with anyone who has this opinion as it could easily be the case. I just seem to see a whole lot more Chriss is a waste posts than I do for Bender.

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Agreed--from a productivity standpoint, I think its hard not to argue that Chriss has shown more than Bender up to this point. I just don't like the attitude problems that have either been alluded to in the media or shown on the court with technicals. He has appeared to feel entitled at some points, and has admitted to struggling with depression last year. I see these as warning signs that aren't present with Bender that could hurt the teams productivity long-term.

But again, I say that as a guy that is just tired of having opening disgruntled players on the team at the beginning of the season.
That's fair too... They both have serious concerns...whether we should keep them around wouldnt really be a question if they didn't. I think the Chriss character issues are a bit overblown...we unfortunately got him right after the Morris brothers fiasco and they're are some similarities, but perhaps we are comparing him too much too them. He was 19 and often got frustrated with calls and pouted...he was actually much improved about that last year.

He has major consistency issues, where he essentially disappears for weeks at a time on the court, but I still think he shows up more than Bender. All Bender has contributed as a pro is slightly above average spot up 3 point shooting.