2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Xylus

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Xylus »

Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/997137789329211393

Dear god. Rudy Gobert measured wingspan at 7'8.5". Andre Drummond at 7'6.25".

Split T

Post by Split T »

Is standing reach measured flat footed? Can Bamba grab the rim on his toes? Crazy

On another note, can anyone tell me why Keita Bates-Diop isn't considered a better prospect? He's 6'7 but measured with a 7'3.5 wingspan. He put up like 19/9 shot 36% from 3, blocks shots, plays D. I've never really watched him. The stats and measurements scream Marion and could be the kind of 4 you want next to Ayton. Is he a good athlete?

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/DXContent/status/997142138864459776

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I went back 15 years and no one's measured longer. Gobert was the only one close.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Did Boban measure in a draft? He may not have the wingspan but his standing reach is crazy.. What was Manute's wingspan?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:What was Manute's wingspan?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manute_Bol
Bol possessed exceptionally long limbs (inseam 49 inches (120 cm)) and large hands and feet (size 16 1/2). His arm span, at 8 feet 6 inches (2.59 m), is (as of 2013) the longest in NBA history, and his reach was 10 feet 5 inches (3.18 m).

Split T

Post by Split T »

8 foot 6 wingspan? That's insane

Cap

Post by Cap »

10’5” standing reach. I don’t think that would quite allow him to dunk without leaving the floor, but darn close.

SDC

Post by SDC »

sucks to be sacramento

SDC

Post by SDC »

saw a lot of doncic last year, and becuz of his below average speed and athleticism, he, like another bball savant ( rubio), were poor finishers around the basket.

Split T

Post by Split T »

7'3" Serbian giraffe Boban Marjanovic. Owner of a 7'8" wingspan and 9'7" standing reach
So for perspective. Boban towers over almost everyone. Bamba is not as tall but he's got a longer wingspan and a higher standing reach.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mo Bamba <3
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/997172143082430465

Couple thoughts:

When did Bagley pull out of the combine?
Bamba is huge
Jaren Jackson and Wendell Carter measured really well.
Other good measures:
Bates-Diop 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan
Shake Milton is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan
SGA is also 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan
Khyri Thomas is 6'4 with a 6'11 wingspan
Troy Brown is 6'7 with a 6'11 wingspan
Michael Porter is 6'11 and jontay is 7'0 rounded up for both

Bad measures:
No surprise but Trae is one of the 3 smallest players in the draft at 6'2 with a 6'3 wingspan, standing reach under 8'0
Rawle Alkins is only 6'4 with a 6'8 wingspan
Landry Shamet was rumored to have a near 7'0 wingspan but it's 6'6

Split T

Post by Split T »

If Troy Brown can shoot, he'd be really nice. The rest of his game isn't all that unlike Doncic. Not as advanced but he's got PG skills in a forward body. Maybe more Iggy.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:If Troy Brown can shoot, he'd be really nice. The rest of his game isn't all that unlike Doncic. Not as advanced but he's got PG skills in a forward body. Maybe more Iggy.
Troy Brown should've went back to college IMO.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:If Troy Brown can shoot, he'd be really nice. The rest of his game isn't all that unlike Doncic. Not as advanced but he's got PG skills in a forward body. Maybe more Iggy.
Why? For teams sake or for his sake? He's a mid 1st round pick right now, that's hard to pass up. Rarely do players go back and improve their stock once they reach that level.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Why? For teams sake or for his sake? He's a mid 1st round pick right now, that's hard to pass up. Rarely do players go back and improve their stock once they reach that level.
His sake. I think he's gonna in way over his head, very good chace he is out of the league before his rookie contract expires. I just dont see why he went pro. Archie Goodwin-esque.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T wrote:
His sake. I think he's gonna in way over his head, very good chace he is out of the league before his rookie contract expires. I just dont see why he went pro. Archie Goodwin-esque.
I don't see that at all. Archie was all athlete, no skill. Troy Brown is very skilled.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Split T wrote:
I don't see that at all. Archie was all athlete, no skill. Troy Brown is very skilled.
I don't think Brown is nearly the athlete Archie was.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

He's not, but he's vastly more skilled.

On another note, two guys that are impressing at the combine with their play and athletic testing: Donte Divencenzo and Kevin Heurter. I thought both would go back to school, but they both may have moved into round 1. Options at 31 or maybe 16 if we really love them. Divencenzo had the highest vertical at 42 inches and Heurter measures out really well, tested well athletically and is probably a top 3 pure shooter in the draft.