2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Split T »

Zhaire Smith jumped 41 inches I believe. I think 3rd or 4th overall. He's a little smaller than I thought at 6'4 with shoes, but a decent 6'9.5 wingspan.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:Zhaire Smith jumped 41 inches I believe. I think 3rd or 4th overall. He's a little smaller than I thought at 6'4 with shoes, but a decent 6'9.5 wingspan.
His shot is coming along nicely as well.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, if he can prove capable of consistently hitting that spot up 3, he's at least Danny Green, right? He's a better athlete than Green, but green was a phenomenal defender and one of the better shot blocking guards. I think Zhaire will be pretty lethal in transition too.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Grayson Allen also impressed with his agility. 10.3 in the lane test. Watch him somehow end up in SAS, BOS or GSW and make a difference.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Xylus wrote:
Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/997137789329211393

Dear god. Rudy Gobert measured wingspan at 7'8.5". Andre Drummond at 7'6.25".
And Ayton measures in at a mere 7’5.5”.

I hear Ayton has a standing reach of 9’3” and a 45-inch vertical. That means, if my math is right, he has enough hops to jump, grab the top of the backboard, and hang there. If his teammates can throw accurate lobs, he should be able to outjump almost any defender to throw them down.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Xylus wrote:
Split T wrote:

I hear Ayton has a standing reach of 9’3” and a 45-inch vertical. That means, if my math is right, he has enough hops to jump, grab the top of the backboard, and hang there. If his teammates can throw accurate lobs, he should be able to outjump almost any defender to throw them down.
I'm pretty sure he isn't 7 feet 5.5 inches tall. Oh, maybe you're talking wingspan.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Xylus wrote:
Split T wrote:

I'm pretty sure he isn't 7 feet 5.5 inches tall. Oh, maybe you're talking wingspan.
Height, measured in platform shoes.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Xylus wrote:
Split T wrote:

Height, measured in platform shoes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Somebody start a GoFundME to get a pair for Ulis.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha! Good stuff.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:He's not, but he's vastly more skilled.

On another note, two guys that are impressing at the combine with their play and athletic testing: Donte Divencenzo and Kevin Heurter. I thought both would go back to school, but they both may have moved into round 1. Options at 31 or maybe 16 if we really love them. Divencenzo had the highest vertical at 42 inches and Heurter measures out really well, tested well athletically and is probably a top 3 pure shooter in the draft.
Both would be great. Can never have enough shooters.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:Can never have enough shooters.
Well, if you have 17 of them, that’s probably enough, given current rules on roster size and so on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:Can never have enough shooters.
Well, if you have 17 of them, that’s probably enough, given current rules on roster size and so on.
Haha! :lol:
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/997520170145992704

Here comes more talk of Suns adding #4 pick to the first pick

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:

Problem is they need win now pieces and we don't really have any unless they value Warren in that sense. And if you are a third team that provides relevant vets for MEM in exchange for future, you do it for the #4, not our prospects/draft stock, so we get cut out, although I guess if you put Jackson on the table, anything is possible. And obviousy if they are fool enough to take less value so we swallow Parsons, by all means let them go for it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:

Problem is they need win now pieces and we don't really have any unless they value Warren in that sense. And if you are a third team that provides relevant vets for MEM in exchange for future, you do it for the #4, not our prospects/draft stock, so we get cut out, although I guess if you put Jackson on the table, anything is possible. And obviousy if they are fool enough to take less value so we swallow Parsons, by all means let them go for it.
Ya, I don't think we're a good trade partner for them. Mostly just commenting on how that's going to fuel even more discussion on us getting Ayton and Doncic than there already is on the board. Although if we really did have #4, I'd take Doncic at 1 and Bamba at 4.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Ya, I don't think we're a good trade partner for them. Mostly just commenting on how that's going to fuel even more discussion on us getting Ayton and Doncic than there already is on the board. Although if we really did have #4, I'd take Doncic at 1 and Bamba at 4.
Nah, if we had #1 and #4, you take Ayton, reach an agreement with Doncic's camp to scare away SAC and ATL and pull the draft heist of the century. Ha!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think a package of Warren, Chriss or Bender and the 16th could be attractive to teams. Maybe Memphis, maybe not. For the 4th pick I'd be willing to give up either Chriss or Bender. I think there are better prospects, particularly Bamba, Porter, Young, and even JJJ who I'm not even that crazy about.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think anyone is trading a top 6 pick in this draft for anything that doesn't have another star or potential star coming back. The top 6 prospects in this draft have too much potential. At the least, Jackson would have to be in any offer.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:Ya, I don't think we're a good trade partner for them. Mostly just commenting on how that's going to fuel even more discussion on us getting Ayton and Doncic than there already is on the board. Although if we really did have #4, I'd take Doncic at 1 and Bamba at 4.
Nah, if we had #1 and #4, you take Ayton, reach an agreement with Doncic's camp to scare away SAC and ATL and pull the draft heist of the century. Ha!
Just like GS drafting Curry for us!