2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Ring_Wanted »

OK guys, enough of talking about Doncic and time to actually watch him in the most important game of his season so far (Euroleague semi finals against CSKA). Go go go!!!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Ring_Wanted wrote:OK guys, enough of talking about Doncic and time to actually watch him in the most important game of his season so far (Euroleague semi finals against CSKA). Go go go!!!
Thanks for the heads up! NBATV, right now!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Doncic plays PG, p&r, winds up with open 3, drains it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/997553807176454144

James Jones also there

Cap

Post by Cap »

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

So already we know that Gambo’s “100%” proclamation is baloney. Glad to see our FO actually doing their due diligence.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Xylus wrote:So already we know that Gambo’s “100%” proclamation is baloney. Glad to see our FO actually doing their due diligence.
It was obviously overstated. That’s what sports reporters do. “100%” shouldn’t be taken literally.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Cap wrote:
Xylus wrote:So already we know that Gambo’s “100%” proclamation is baloney. Glad to see our FO actually doing their due diligence.
It was obviously overstated. That’s what sports reporters do. “100%” shouldn’t be taken literally.
Yeah, I know what hyperbole is, but Gambo’s statement implies that Doncic doesn’t pose a serious threat for the #1 pick. I think that’s untrue.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Cap wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:OK guys, enough of talking about Doncic and time to actually watch him in the most important game of his season so far (Euroleague semi finals against CSKA). Go go go!!!
Thanks for the heads up! NBATV, right now!
Been a decent 1st half
Not surprised in a Euro Semi to see a number of guys who passed through the NBA on these rosters. Lots of solid players
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well looks like Madrid are on their way to the Final
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/997520170145992704

Here comes more talk of Suns adding #4 pick to the first pick
Problem is they need win now pieces and we don't really have any unless they value Warren in that sense. And if you are a third team that provides relevant vets for MEM in exchange for future, you do it for the #4, not our prospects/draft stock, so we get cut out, although I guess if you put Jackson on the table, anything is possible. And obviousy if they are fool enough to take less value so we swallow Parsons, by all means let them go for it.
Taking Parsons’ contract is not a small feat. I would go as far as saying is an unavoidable step for any team rebuilding or retooling to get rid of such kind of contracts. Heck, we talk like that about B Knight and its half the money.

Other way to see it: Try to imagine what kind of package would be enough to dump Parsons without using the 4th. You’ll find out is not small talk, and only teams with most of it’s core in rookie contracts could get away with trading for tying such treadmill stone on it’s neck.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I liked Jaren Jackson Jr.'s interview yesterday. Came across well.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Taking Parsons’ contract is not a small feat. I would go as far as saying is an unavoidable step for any team rebuilding or retooling to get rid of such kind of contracts. Heck, we talk like that about B Knight and its half the money.

Other way to see it: Try to imagine what kind of package would be enough to dump Parsons without using the 4th. You’ll find out is not small talk, and only teams with most of it’s core in rookie contracts could get away with trading for tying such treadmill stone on it’s neck.
If you are retooling I agree on Parsons, but if you are rebuilding you don't need to care about cap space for two-three years. And if you are retooling, you are better off just keeping Parsons and using the pick and non toxic filler to add a win now piece. Again, if somehow they behave like we did with KT, by all means be their trading partner.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'm hearing from friends in Dallas that Mavs fans are super pissed about dropping to 5. They wanted Bagley.

The idea of disappointed Mavs fans brings a smile to my face.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:I'm hearing from friends in Dallas that Mavs fans are super pissed about dropping to 5. They wanted Bagley.

The idea of disappointed Mavs fans brings a smile to my face.
Yeah, welcome to our world year after year. Deal with it! :) You guys already got your championship.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote: On another note, can anyone tell me why Keita Bates-Diop isn't considered a better prospect? He's 6'7 but measured with a 7'3.5 wingspan. He put up like 19/9 shot 36% from 3, blocks shots, plays D. I've never really watched him. The stats and measurements scream Marion and could be the kind of 4 you want next to Ayton. Is he a good athlete?
He was on my prospects to watch this past season, but I'm just now starting to look at his games. Just finished two today. One great, one lackluster. Solid athlete, but not exceptional. I like him as a small ball 4. Great option at 31.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I haven't really watched him, but from what I've seen in highlights/read about him. Feels like a small ball 4 kind of guy. I'd be happy with him at 31

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do you think another team will snag him in the first round? Or will he diop down to #31?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Do you think another team will snag him in the first round? Or will he diop down to #31?
He could get picked anywhere between 20-40 imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Do you think another team will snag him in the first round? Or will he diop down to #31?
Sneaky :-)