Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by carey »

Apparently it was a simple miscommunication.

Or he got hella trashed at his draft party last night. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Celtics fans have got to be having flashbacks to Len Bias.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

Missing a conference call is much less of a problem than dying.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:35 pm
Missing a conference call is much less of a problem than dying.
Not if he missed the call because he's dead. I know that's not the case, but that has to be the first thing every Bostonian thought of.

carey

Post by carey »

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... zona-trier

Interesting stuff here. I was not familiar with the Exhibit 10 contract.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Looking around the league to see where undrafted free agents are landing, particularly the guys I like:

Theo Pinson: Brooklyn Nets
Bonzie Colson: Cleveland Cavaliers
Yante Maten: Miami Heat
Malik Newman: LA Lakers

Would have loved to see the Suns sign Theo Pinson.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:34 pm
Looking around the league to see where undrafted free agents are landing, particularly the guys I like:

Theo Pinson: Brooklyn Nets
Bonzie Colson: Cleveland Cavaliers
Yante Maten: Miami Heat
Malik Newman: LA Lakers

Would have loved to see the Suns sign Theo Pinson.
Yeah, I agree on Pinson and Colson. Pinson just seems to always be in the right position at the right time and makes winning plays. There should always be a position in this league for players like that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think Pinson could have been the point forward and rounded out the Bridges-Booker-Jackson-Ayton lineup.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shelvin Mack was waived by the Magic. I think that is a solid option for a free agent point guard target.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 pm
Shelvin Mack was waived by the Magic. I think that is a solid option for a free agent point guard target.
Let’s not sign any more Orlando PG. that is the absolute bottom of the barrel. No thanks.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 pm
So it looks like, to me anyway, you want a veteran PG with a good/great assist to turnover ratio? Regardless of whether or not they can shoot.

Mack was 3.9/1.3
VanVleet was 3.2/1.7
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Was going to post about Mack. Always liked his game, borderline starter but could hold it down for a year.

carey

Post by carey »

I know there's no reason to be optimistic about Knight, but I just have this feeling about him returning from injury a different player. There's nothing to suggest it's something to bet on, yet I think he is going to have a resurgence. He's still only 26 which is weird because it feels like he's been around forever. I think I would feel comfortable with Knight/Okobo as the rotation at PG. Keep whoever wins the battle for 4th guard minutes between Reed and Daniels. Then move on to figuring out what you're going to do with SF and PF. It gets really crowded if you bring in a stretch 4 and all of a sudden you have Jackson, Bridges, Warren, Bender, Chriss and X fighting for minutes at 2 spots. We know Jackson is going to get 30 minutes a night. That's 66 minutes to split between 5 players.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

jonh

Post by jonh »

carey wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:26 am
I know there's no reason to be optimistic about Knight, but I just have this feeling about him returning from injury a different player. There's nothing to suggest it's something to bet on, yet I think he is going to have a resurgence. He's still only 26 which is weird because it feels like he's been around forever. I think I would feel comfortable with Knight/Okobo as the rotation at PG. Keep whoever wins the battle for 4th guard minutes between Reed and Daniels. Then move on to figuring out what you're going to do with SF and PF. It gets really crowded if you bring in a stretch 4 and all of a sudden you have Jackson, Bridges, Warren, Bender, Chriss and X fighting for minutes at 2 spots. We know Jackson is going to get 30 minutes a night. That's 66 minutes to split between 5 players.
If we started the season with the current roster (didn't make any changes during FA or through trades), I would expect Bender/Chriss to log a lot of time backing up Ayton. That allows you to split up the minutes at the 3 and 4 between Jackson, Warren, and Bridges. There is a good chance we would get abused on the boards, but its not an unplayable lineup.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:26 am
I agree about Knight. This feels like that season when Penny came back from injury, stopped trying to be a star, and put together a solid season for us. I think Knight surprises us by being decent this year. Just a hunch.

I really think we are going to see some trades that send players out. I don't know who would take some of these guys, but I fully expect Warren and Chriss to go along with Dudley or Chandler for salary filler.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:31 pm
Wow. Mike Bibby is ripped these days!

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1007457622310522880

Those better be some high quality boob implants, lmao

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1011752172814589953

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Smells like DAJ will be on the move fairly soon. Could the Clippers be a quiet tanker this year?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:37 pm

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1011752172814589953

Wow. I guess it is business after all.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:42 pm
Smells like DAJ will be on the move fairly soon. Could the Clippers be a quiet tanker this year?
Gortat is useful for them. Harris is good. Lou Williams is a fantastic scorer. SGA probably isn't ready, but he's a nice fit with Lou. Gallo at the 3, but he'll almost definitely get hurt.

SGA/Beverley
Lou/Robinson
Gallo
Harris
Gortat

That's good for 35-40 wins