Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Was Ricky sending a message to the Lakers???? (Modern times)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mori is so ridiculous :shock: :) , geeez smh lol :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I had this to post last week , forgive me for not putting it in General or whatever but been slow days on the forum so any half decent topic is better than no topic. anybody caught STAT "doing a lil something" in the BIG3 :)

[youtube][/youtube]

The Playoffs are actually tonight around 9ET on FOX and I can well check some of it lol ..... Amare , Nate , Mobley , Maggette , Abdul Rauf 8-) , Baron Davis are some that should be playing

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:25 pm
I had this to post last week , forgive me for not putting it in General or whatever but been slow days on the forum so any half decent topic is better than no topic. anybody caught STAT "doing a lil something" in the BIG3 :)

[youtube][/youtube]

The Playoffs are actually tonight around 9ET on FOX and I can well check some of it lol ..... Amare , Nate , Mobley , Maggette , Abdul Rauf 8-) , Baron Davis are some that should be playing
I bet he would still be a better PF for us than Chriss or Bender. :roll:

And how is Abdul Rauf playing at the age of 49? :shock:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:35 pm

I bet he would still be a better PF for us than Chriss or Bender. :roll:

And how is Abdul Rauf playing at the age of 49? :shock:
Somehow I knew a Chriss reference was coming lol. I honestly watched like 3 games with Abdul Rauf cuz I get a kick out of seeing him still get buckets at 49. The crazy part is if you go on Twitter or YouTube and see the youngsters asking who he is ? Saying he must be Steph grandpa tsk tsk smh

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Feels like so long ago Amar'e was on the Suns. That whole era feels like a lifetime ago. Crazy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Amare still looked pretty good in those highlights

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Split T wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:04 am
Amare still looked pretty good in those highlights
Recognizably Amare -- just without knees (see how stiff his legs are). Yet, he could still play the role of an old Kevin Willis on a good team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He looks ridiculously skinny

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:32 am
He looks ridiculously skinny
gotta stay light to help those old knees out :lol: . seriously tho didn't he totally change up his diet/lifestyle and everything when he was playing n living in Isreal

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:35 am
Feels like so long ago Amar'e was on the Suns. That whole era feels like a lifetime ago. Crazy.
And yet he’s still only 35 years old!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not against there being an alternative league like the Big-3. But I think it's a bad look for them to have so many washed up NBA has-beens like Amare and Corey Maggette and so on. Why would I want to watch those guys who aren't good enough to be in the NBA when the real NBA exists?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:10 am
I'm not against there being an alternative league like the Big-3. But I think it's a bad look for them to have so many washed up NBA has-beens like Amare and Corey Maggette and so on. Why would I want to watch those guys who aren't good enough to be in the NBA when the real NBA exists?
Because it doesn't exist in the summer?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Why is it a bad look? They're not trying to be a competitive league. It's an entertainment league. They get former superstars, names people recognize who can still play. They're not competing with summer league or the NBa, they're not overextending the players with multiple games a week or full court play, they're not watering the league down with too many teams, they're not wasting money trying to fill different arenas in different cities at the same time. By getting former NBA players, there's also less need for competitive salaries because the guys have made their money. It's not like the Big3 is competing with the NBA or Europe in that sense. It's a novelty, but it seems like they're doing it the right way.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's fair. I guess I just want something new, a group of players I haven't seen before. I don't really want to watch old Amare gimp around the court. I don't want to see Corey Maggette. I like the novelty of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and a few of the other guys, but that's about it. I understand that different folks like different things and that the current product they're putting out is appealing to some. I do like that they're doing something different from the NBA (3 on 3, different rules, different time of year) and I would be happy if they had success. Competition and variety are good things.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:10 pm
That's fair. I guess I just want something new, a group of players I haven't seen before. I don't really want to watch old Amare gimp around the court. I don't want to see Corey Maggette. I like the novelty of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and a few of the other guys, but that's about it. I understand that different folks like different things and that the current product they're putting out is appealing to some. I do like that they're doing something different from the NBA (3 on 3, different rules, different time of year) and I would be happy if they had success. Competition and variety are good things.
Big 3 isn’t “competition” for the NBA any more than arena football is competition for the NFL. It is variety, however.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I thought it was a gimmicky thing that would flame out, and it still may, but the players and Ice Cube are taking it more seriously than I thought they would. The players have to be into it and having a guy like Iverson, as much of a draw as he might've been, flake out last year wasn't a good look. Seems like they corrected that. The key will be refreshing the rosters every few years with recently retired talent that draws fans. Nate Robinson is perfect for that league, Ron Artest, Ricky Davis, Maggette, Stephen Jackson...guys who can score and be entertaining. Imagine Jamal Crawford in that league? Vince Carter? Dirk playing a season? Jason Terry?

carey

Post by carey »

Chris Jackson is 50! Crazy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ESPN.com has a good series by Jackie MacMullan about NBA players and their mental health. I found it an interesting read. Glad people are talking about this.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2438 ... health-nba

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Brandon Jennings was mentioned a little while ago...seems he's headed back to Europe.

https://twitter.com/Sportando/status/1031850319523639296