Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I remember a time when many of us (including myself) were keen on bringing in Thibs. Obviously, I'm glad we didn't.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, I heard an analyst, can't remember who, say that the game has kind of passed him by. He is still invoking old defensive concepts that aren't utilized any longer.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1043304910404562944

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1043307613964754944

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:31 pm

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1043251340699480065

I hope Deandre is watching. And that this adds fuel to the fire. Players are paid in this league for their offense (on the whole). Players who care about winning develop defense. He’s got the phsyique but does he care about defense?

SDC

Post by SDC »

i'd rather trade josh jackson instead of warren.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:19 pm
I really hope that if he comes out with a bad season this year, McDo and the org wise up and put Jackson on the trading block. I think we'd be in much better hands with the SF position manned by Warren and Bridges. Give me an SF who can shoot and score any day.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think Bridges will end up being the keeper. Jackson has a lot of potential because of his ball handling, slashing and potential on defense but he's gotta show he can play under control and make the right plays.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 am
SDC wrote:
I really hope that if he comes out with a bad season this year, McDo and the org wise up and put Jackson on the trading block. I think we'd be in much better hands with the SF position manned by Warren and Bridges. Give me an SF who can shoot and score any day.
Wow. You guys give up on a player very easily.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Jackson averaged over 17 ppg on 44% shooting in 2018. Let's slow down with assumption that he can't score or shoot.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It seems like it's not a matter of if, but when Butler is traded. Glenn Taylor is involved and execs at the Board of Governors meeting said a deal is going to be made.

Between Minnesota (Jones), Brooklyn (Dinwiddie), and the Clippers (Beverly), you'd figure there's gotta be a way to get involved in a 3team deal and snag one of those guys. I've been trying to get a scenario going but can't seem to do it. Assuming we don't want to give up Jackson or Bridges and that Chandler and Bender have little value, we really only have TJ to throw into a deal, plus any picks we want to include. Brooklyn can pretty much come up with a package around RHJ and DRuss and the Clippers can build a package around Tobias Harris. Even if we were to include a guy like Chandler for salary purposes, I'm still having trouble making the salaries match. And even then, do we want to give up TJ for a guy like Dinwiddie or Jones? And are any of those teams even that interested given his contract?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:26 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 am
SDC wrote:
Wow. You guys give up on a player very easily.
It's easy to give up on a player you never liked from the beginning.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46 am
It seems like it's not a matter of if, but when Butler is traded. Glenn Taylor is involved and execs at the Board of Governors meeting said a deal is going to be made.

Between Minnesota (Jones), Brooklyn (Dinwiddie), and the Clippers (Beverly), you'd figure there's gotta be a way to get involved in a 3team deal and snag one of those guys. I've been trying to get a scenario going but can't seem to do it. Assuming we don't want to give up Jackson or Bridges and that Chandler and Bender have little value, we really only have TJ to throw into a deal, plus any picks we want to include. Brooklyn can pretty much come up with a package around RHJ and DRuss and the Clippers can build a package around Tobias Harris. Even if we were to include a guy like Chandler for salary purposes, I'm still having trouble making the salaries match. And even then, do we want to give up TJ for a guy like Dinwiddie or Jones? And are any of those teams even that interested given his contract?
There was an article on brightside a couple days ago that had 3 trade proposals with us getting those 3 pg's.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... a-nba-news

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't see Minny giving up Butler with Brooklyn involved and only getting back TJ Warren. I think DRuss and/or RHJ would be of more interest.

In the other deals, the Suns aren't necessary to making them work. We're getting Beverly for Troy Daniels and a 2nd rounder. Possible, if the Clips are getting Harris. In the 3rd scenario, I don't think we're getting a potentially better PG in Jones for the same package. But again, we're not necessary to either deal.

If we can pull one of those off it'd be great, but I don't see it happening.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Butler is Thibs guy
KAT and Thibs r'ship apparently isn't the best

Thibs doesn't wanna trade his guy, Owner tells them to field calls and get it done

Next day KAT gets his big extension

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043662315038683136

Thibs probably not gonna last too long there either

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043695801510313984

Cap

Post by Cap »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 pm
Butler is Thibs guy
KAT and Thibs r'ship apparently isn't the best

Thibs doesn't wanna trade his guy, Owner tells them to field calls and get it done

Next day KAT gets his big extension

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1043662315038683136

Thibs probably not gonna last too long there either
So if they fire him they have to pay him, but if they mistreat him so badly that he quits, they don’t, right? Some pretty messed up incentives right there.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Looks like Minny is moving below (above? not sure how to use a compass) us in the dysfunctional organization power rankings.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They may have some (rumored) front office drama. But even if they end up needing to trade Butler, their roster is way, way more talented than ours. I'd swap any day.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wouldn't trade rosters anymore. The past 3-4 years, yes, but not anymore.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass