Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:35 am
Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 am
If you’re SA, you can’t accept any offer from Boston unless Tatum is included. Plain and Simple.
Boston can make plenty of offers I'd accept without Tatum
Yup. Boston is loaded with assets. Brown, Rozier and the Kings pick is a very strong offer.

I don't even think Boston would put Tatum (cost-controlled for 9 years) on the table.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yup, Brown, Rozier, Kings pick, grizzlies pick. They could even flip Hayward if SA wants to keep winning now. I think Tatum is untouchable for them right now short of AD or Antetokounmpo being on the table.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1007694811946573824

Don't doubt that we'd call. In fact we'd be stupid not to, but booker and #1 are absolutely non starters for me. Jackson/Bender/Picks won't be the best offer they get and I'm not willing to go crazy for a 1 year rental of Kawhi. If he wants out of SA, he'd want out of PHX

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am
Yup, Brown, Rozier, Kings pick, grizzlies pick. They could even flip Hayward if SA wants to keep winning now. I think Tatum is untouchable for them right now short of AD or Antetokounmpo being on the table.
No way Stevens signs off on trading his guy, I also don't think Rozier has that much value, Brown/picks or Ingram/picks is where it falls for me, I think I prefer Ingram.

Hell if Ingram is remotely available in general, I'd love for us to take a look ourselves.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am
No way Stevens signs off on trading his guy, I also don't think Rozier has that much value, Brown/picks or Ingram/picks is where it falls for me, I think I prefer Ingram.

Hell if Ingram is remotely available in general, I'd love for us to take a look ourselves.
You're probably right, but I think they'd trade Hayward before Tatum is all I'm saying.

Ingram>Brown to me as well, but Boston has much better picks to offer, so it's close.

My dream scenario would be SA loving a Ball/Kuzma offer and LA having to use Ingram to dump Deng. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat, but I think SA would want Ingram for sure.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1007705432968826885

That's the year we have Miami's unprotected pick, right? 2021 could be a deep draft if it includes a one and done freshman class alongside a newly eligible highschool class...a very nice asset to have.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:27 pm

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1007705432968826885

That's the year we have Miami's unprotected pick, right? 2021 could be a deep draft if it includes a one and done freshman class alongside a newly eligible highschool class...a very nice asset to have.
Can't wait til it's the pick we traded for Spencer Dinwiddie or some shit and everyone cries about it for years. :D :D :D
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Haha, ugh... The Milwaukee pick could be unprotected in 2021 as well.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looks like the NBA is considering getting rid of the one-and-done rule. I think that would be a really good change for both the college and pro game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2380 ... y-shift-21

carey

Post by carey »

They should just do something similar to baseball. Go straight to the draft or commit to 3 years of college. But then the colleges need to be forced to honor their scholarships. No revoking them once handed out.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am
If I'm Boston, I'd offer Jaylen Brown, Rozier and more.

If I'm Philly, I'd offer Fultz, Covington and more.
That 76rs package is terrible haha. I'd put Simmons (straight swap no bullsh¡t) on the table if at the same time I had an agreement with LeBron. They can make the flexibility needed. Embiid, LeBron and Kawhi dominates the east and is a credible team against the Ws.

BOS feels better because Brown could be a monster in the making. Key is 'more'. Rozier plus another high caliber asset for the future of the Spurs and they probably pull the trigger.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1007694811946573824

Don't doubt that we'd call. In fact we'd be stupid not to, but booker and #1 are absolutely non starters for me. Jackson/Bender/Picks won't be the best offer they get and I'm not willing to go crazy for a 1 year rental of Kawhi. If he wants out of SA, he'd want out of PHX
Maybe not. Maybe he just wants to go away from Pops/SAS. If you have him plus another allstar added to Booker and #1, you are suddenly a potential monster. If you do work and can trade for a catalyst at the draft, you are a credible revamped destination.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:29 pm
Can't wait til it's the pick we traded for Spencer Dinwiddie or some s*** and everyone cries about it for years. :D :D :D
Hahah that would be terrible. Feels good having that pick for the future, although I wanted it this year; having #16+17 would be terrific.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm glad someone finally woke up from their induced coma that is the cult in San Antonio.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am
Nope nope nope. Not interested over here. I know others feel differently.

He want to play in New York. They can have him. There's a difference between wanting to play in New York and wanting to play for the Knicks. If he wants to bright lights and sponsorship deals, they can have him. He's obviously not interested in winning.
I agree. I know you're inclined to not want him because you don't think he's that good, but I think he's phenomenal and still would deal for him. I'm not interested in a one year rental.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 am
If you’re SA, you can’t accept any offer from Boston unless Tatum is included. Plain and Simple.
I disagree. Boston has a lot to offer.

Plus, if I'm Boston, Tatum is untouchable.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am
And I seriously don't care at all about the Lavar boogie man. He is such a non-factor and all he does is raise the awareness of the rising Phoenix Suns from the ashes.
That's not a very realistic perspective. The off the court influences play a major part in a team's relationship with a player. Shoot, that's one of the main contributing factors in this Kawhi Leonard perspective.

The Balls would burn the Suns organization to the ground.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 pm
I saw "the balls would burn" and thought, they have a cream for that now!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

What's the name of that cream?

Asking for a friend.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am
And I seriously don't care at all about the Lavar boogie man. He is such a non-factor and all he does is raise the awareness of the rising Phoenix Suns from the ashes.
That's not a very realistic perspective. The off the court influences play a major part in a team's relationship with a player. Shoot, that's one of the main contributing factors in this Kawhi Leonard perspective.

Yes they would. I'm not even remotely interested in Lonzo.