Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 pm
What's the name of that cream?

Asking for a friend.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:40 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am
And I seriously don't care at all about the Lavar boogie man. He is such a non-factor and all he does is raise the awareness of the rising Phoenix Suns from the ashes.
That's not a very realistic perspective. The off the court influences play a major part in a team's relationship with a player. Shoot, that's one of the main contributing factors in this Kawhi Leonard perspective.

The Balls would burn the Suns organization to the ground.
Yes they would. I'm not even remotely interested in Lonzo.
You guys are silly, with no sense of adventure, lol.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

I love Lonzo as a player and I would be all in on him as a Sun.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:51 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:40 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am
And I seriously don't care at all about the Lavar boogie man. He is such a non-factor and all he does is raise the awareness of the rising Phoenix Suns from the ashes.
That's not a very realistic perspective. The off the court influences play a major part in a team's relationship with a player. Shoot, that's one of the main contributing factors in this Kawhi Leonard perspective.

The Balls would burn the Suns organization to the ground.
Yes they would. I'm not even remotely interested in Lonzo.
You guys are silly, with no sense of adventure, lol.
:lol:
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Cap

Post by Cap »

If Lonzo ever develops a shot, he’ll be one of the best point guards in the league. I don’t think the Lakers will give him up cheap.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 pm
If Lonzo ever develops a shot, he’ll be one of the best point guards in the league. I don’t think the Lakers will give him up cheap.
Would they give him up to combine LeBron/Kawhi/PG-13?

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Cap wrote:
If Lonzo ever develops a shot, he’ll be one of the best point guards in the league.
And if IT ever grows 3-4 inches taller, he could end up better than his namesake Isiah Thomas.

Both have about the same chances of happening.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Lonzo's shot is busted. It ain't getting fixed or developed. He can hit the step back going to his left but Nash/Curry/Paul he won't ever be.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
And if IT grows 6 inches he could lead a team to a championship. He is a left eye dominant right-handed player. Even if he started from square one building a shot, he is too limited. What you see is what you are gonna get with Lonzo's shot.

Shooting a basketball is like shooting a shotgun. It is built on form and then instinct. You don't really aim. Here is a picture of a shotgun made for a person with cross-dominance.

Lonzo's shot is the basketball version of this gun. The only other options for him would be to learn to shoot left-handed (when you start out shotgun shooters really young you can get away with this) or force them to use their weak eye by using an eye patch or something. The problem with that is that it limits vision that is necessary in the rest of the game.

carey

Post by carey »

That's interesting, thanks.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:06 pm
Cap wrote:
And if IT grows 6 inches he could lead a team to a championship. He is a left eye dominant right-handed player. Even if he started from square one building a shot, he is too limited. What you see is what you are gonna get with Lonzo's shot.

Shooting a basketball is like shooting a shotgun. It is built on form and then instinct. You don't really aim. Here is a picture of a shotgun made for a person with cross-dominance.

Lonzo's shot is the basketball version of this gun. The only other options for him would be to learn to shoot left-handed (when you start out shotgun shooters really young you can get away with this) or force them to use their weak eye by using an eye patch or something. The problem with that is that it limits vision that is necessary in the rest of the game.
Eye patch? Can’t you just shut your left eye while shooting?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:06 pm
Cap wrote:

I definitely agree with eye dominance part of this. It's a real thing and it's hard to fix, but it's not impossible. You would have to work exclusively on shooting and not playing for awhile, as you work on developing a different dominate eye for shooting, but it's very difficult to change that part of it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1008238036147204096

carey

Post by carey »

Is Sheridan even plugged into the league anymore? That article is all healthy guesses.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/brewcitypaul/status/1008723288871309312

Isn’t Jabari a RFA?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If Giannis is doing everything, he needs shooters around him. Bledsoe and Parker aren't shooters.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

It'll be exciting to see what they get back for those 2.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I am curious to see what MIL could get for Bledsoe. I would think his stock is pretty shit after his playoff performance.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Have you guys seen the stories on Kawhi to Phoenix is a done deal? I'm a little worried that there are legs to it, but for the right deal, I'm all for it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 pm
Have you guys seen the stories on Kawhi to Phoenix is a done deal? I'm a little worried that there are legs to it, but for the right deal, I'm all for it.
Who is saying that?