Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by INFORMER »

UglyTruth wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm
Suns have to make a decision in less than 3 weeks on whether they want to pick up his option for next season or not.
They really need to decline it. Bender's option year salary is high enough to make a significant difference in the money available for free agency.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Rozier has flashed a lot of good attributes, but I don't know if i would tout him as "smart."
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Rozier has flashed a lot of good attributes, but I don't know if i would tout him as "smart."
IMO turnovers are all about IQ. The dumb ones never figure it out. See: Chriss, Bledsoe, Len, Harrison, etc.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:46 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:25 pm
I think Rozier is currently overrated. I need to see him be more consistent and develop his game more to be ok with giving him $15M/year.
We already went down this road once with Bledsoe, and so many people are chomping at the bit to do it again. I dont get it.
The Phoenix Suns have to overpay and roll the dice if we want something to make moves that get them in the playoffs. Make Boston and offer they can’t refuse. The kid is in a contract year, he’s gonna ball the eff out. Sign him for big money on a short deal. We’re only short a starting point guard that can launch us into an 8th seed.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm
INFORMER wrote:
IMO turnovers are all about IQ. The dumb ones never figure it out. See: Chriss, Bledsoe, Len, Harrison, etc.
I think you're undervaluing Brad Steven's role in what we've seen from Rozier. I don't think he's the same player under another coach and a major salary bump.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:13 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm
INFORMER wrote:
I think you're undervaluing Brad Steven's role in what we've seen from Rozier. I don't think he's the same player under another coach and a major salary bump.
You could be right

carey

Post by carey »

Not sure if this has been posted, but can you believe the Mavs hired Bob Voulagaris? Here's the story for anyone interested.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2489 ... evelopment
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Stevens had a huge role for Rozier. I’d add however that he can do 3 things in Igor’s system very well - drive to the cup, move the ball, and hit from deep. Igor’s a system guy, he doesn’t need someone to pound the ball.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Everyone went crazy over Doncic when he had some real nice plays against that Chinese team. My worry with him was always that he could be nuetralized by NBA athleticism. Ben Simmons is elite defensively, and this is not me saying Doncic is a bust, but It is nice that Ayton does not have any physical limitations.

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/1048249689290821634

Cap

Post by Cap »

Luka finished with 11p/6r/3a/3s/2b in 30m. Not bad for a young rook in his first NBA action.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:54 am
Luka finished with 11p/6r/3a/3s/2b in 30m. Not bad for a young rook in his first NBA action.
Ya, he's gonna be good. I don't have any concerns about that. I could just see his so-so athleticsm keeping him from being an elite player.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Im just so grateful that we finally have a player we drafted living up to their potential that I don't even care right now about Doncic.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 am
Im just so grateful that we finally have a player we drafted living up to their potential that I don't even care right now about Doncic.
Man, how has it gotten to the low point that this franchise just needed a rookie to look awesome for 2 pre-season games before we say he has lived up to his potential?

Is there some sort of ceremony we need to do to keep OGW away?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:32 am
Cap wrote:
Ya, he's gonna be good. I don't have any concerns about that. I could just see his so-so athleticsm keeping him from being an elite player.

doncic is overtated.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SDC wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 am
Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:

doncic is overtated.
So that's where the extra weight came from, too many taters

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:50 am
jonh wrote:
Man, how has it gotten to the low point that this franchise just needed a rookie to look awesome for 2 pre-season games before we say he has lived up to his potential?

Not to get too picky on this, but I didn't say that he lived up to his potential (meaning he has already achieved it). I said that he is living up to his potential (meaning in the small sample size that we have experienced so far, he is in line with what he was expected to do pre-draft).

I havent checked out the numbers, but I would bet that Jackson, Bender, and Chriss were not living up to expectations through 2 preseason games. In fact, I think I frequently spent pre-season talking about why their poor preseason performance didn't matter, and they would do better during the season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 am
SDC wrote:
Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:

doncic is overtated.
Yeah, I hate when that happens!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 am
SDC wrote:
Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:

doncic is overtated.
9.5/10

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:29 am
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:

Not to get too picky on this, but I didn't say that he lived up to his potential (meaning he has already achieved it). I said that he is living up to his potential (meaning in the small sample size that we have experienced so far, he is in line with what he was expected to do pre-draft).

I havent checked out the numbers, but I would bet that Jackson, Bender, and Chriss were not living up to expectations through 2 preseason games. In fact, I think I frequently spent pre-season talking about why their poor preseason performance didn't matter, and they would do better during the season.
Yep, he's been as good or better than advertised. I'm excited.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:29 am
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:

my post wasn't a shot at you. i feel the same way. i was just lamenting the fact that our entire future rides with him, because we have already shown that booker alone -despite his greatness- won't get us anywhere. and we all know how frequent injuries play a role in the future, and the right situation, and the right attitude, and the right development. soooo many ways for it to go wrong, and it seemingly has for nearly a decade now. i'm just ready for it to be getting better!