Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 pm
carey wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 am
Something is up with MPJ: ...
Sounds like his hip and back are bothering him. I wonder if a team will still take a chance on him given his bad health? Seems like a real stay-away to me. I get that players get injured and that he'll bounce back. But he has back problems; that makes me nervous. That kind of injury may not just go away.
It's hard to tell if this was an overcompensation injury, or if he truly has bad posture enough that it's not fixable and might end up being the Greg Oden in a Kevin Durant body type and skill type.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 pm
carey wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 am
Something is up with MPJ: ...
Sounds like his hip and back are bothering him. I wonder if a team will still take a chance on him given his bad health? Seems like a real stay-away to me. I get that players get injured and that he'll bounce back. But he has back problems; that makes me nervous. That kind of injury may not just go away.
First, it sounded like he was stopping workouts because he had a promise. Now, it sounds like he stopped because of injury! Yuck!
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Kawhi has asked out of San Antonio.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nope nope nope. Not interested over here. I know others feel differently.

He want to play in New York. They can have him. There's a difference between wanting to play in New York and wanting to play for the Knicks. If he wants to bright lights and sponsorship deals, they can have him. He's obviously not interested in winning.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Woj says he prefers the Lakers. Get ready because we'll be seeing a LeBron/Kawhi/PG-13 Lakers squad next year.

Question: Do we jump in and take the Deng contract for taking on Lonzo

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

If he indicates he'd re-sign here AND or medical staff signs off I'd empty the coffers for the Spurs. He's a top-5 guy in the league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

If I'm Boston, I'd offer Jaylen Brown, Rozier and more.

If I'm Philly, I'd offer Fultz, Covington and more.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think there's zero chance he'd re-sign. He wants out of SA because he wants a big market and to play with other stars. He's going to LA. Philly or Boston are the only other options I see.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:55 am
Woj says he prefers the Lakers. Get ready because we'll be seeing a LeBron/Kawhi/PG-13 Lakers squad next year.

Lonzo doesn't help us shoot or defend better.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am
If I'm Boston, I'd offer Jaylen Brown, Rozier and more.

If I'm Philly, I'd offer Fultz, Covington and more.
Lakers offer Kuzma and Ingram...be interesting to see what SA prefers. I think Ingram is the best player that will be available...I would have said Fultz, but too many questions about his shot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:00 am
Split T wrote:

He's shot well at every level, I think his shot will come around. He probably will never be a good off the dribble/pull up shooter without drastic changes to his form, but he'll be fine in spot up situations. And his defense is fine...he may never be able to defend the quick 1's, but he's a smart defender. Outside of the big difference in off the dribble shooting, ball and Doncic are pretty similar. Doncic is bigger, ball is more athletic. I think he'd be a nice fit next to Booker and Jackson.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:00 am
Split T wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Lonzo's shot is going to be fine and improved this year. He is one of the best defensive pgs in the league even as a rookie. I don't know where this narrative has come from, seems odd to me. My perfect off-season would be the Suns pick Ayton, trade back up for Doncic and trade for Lonzo. Lonzo would be perfect next to Booker and play off of another great passer like Luka with shooters, slashers, athletes and a dominate big.. I could easily see them competing for a playoff position next year and competing for titles not long after. And I seriously don't care at all about the Lavar boogie man. He is such a non-factor and all he does is raise the awareness of the rising Phoenix Suns from the ashes. League would be put on notice.

Lonzo
Booker
Jackson
Doncic
Ayton
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If you’re SA, you can’t accept any offer from Boston unless Tatum is included. Plain and Simple.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 am
If you’re SA, you can’t accept any offer from Boston unless Tatum is included. Plain and Simple.
Agreed.

Kawhi has most of the leverage, but Pop won't trade to places that he feels are flush with resources, since he doesn't feel he's in the game to make others better. So, it would have to really hurt the Lakers or Celtics to trade for Kawhi. He would ask for the Sun and the Moon, and most likely get it from those teams. I could actually see Pop asking the Lakers to trade Ball, Kuzma, and/or ingram w/ picks and the Deng contract.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am
Wally_West wrote:
Agreed.

Kawhi has most of the leverage, but Pop won't trade to places that he feels are flush with resources, since he doesn't feel he's in the game to make others better. So, it would have to really hurt the Lakers or Celtics to trade for Kawhi. He would ask for the Sun and the Moon, and most likely get it from those teams. I could actually see Pop asking the Lakers to trade Ball, Kuzma, and/or ingram w/ picks and the Deng contract.
The Lakers would do that. It allows them to sign LeBron and PG

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How much cap space will the Lakers need to clear if they want to sign Lebron plus two big free agents/trades like Kawhi/PG13?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Boston can make plenty of offers I'd accept without Tatum

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:34 am
How much cap space will the Lakers need to clear if they want to sign Lebron plus two big free agents/trades like Kawhi/PG13?
Just need to get rid of Deng. Don't think they have any other big contracts.

SDC

Post by SDC »

id rent kawhi, help booker get his wish of making the playoffs

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I could see the Lakers next year having a lineup of:
Hart
George
Kawhi
LeBron
Lopez

or

LeBron
George
Kawhi
Randle
Lopez

or

Hart
George
Kawhi
LeBron
Randle