Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: 2018 Offseason

Post by Superbone »

Maybe we can get this guy:

https://twitter.com/AZSports/status/1049776746004799490

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Hard pass. The last thing any organization needs is some old timer who's too stubborn to identify and accept changes in the game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Hard pass. The last thing any organization needs is some old timer who's too stubborn to identify and accept changes in the game.
Yep.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Yep.
For the record, I was not recommending him!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Barkley as GM would generate some short-term fan interest/excitement among casual fans. But he's not cut out to be a good GM. And on top of that, he's stubborn and belligerent enough that you just know he'd feud with Sarver. It would be a bad mix and would end poorly. I know nobody's advocating for him as GM (other than, perhaps, Barkley himself), but I really think it'd be a total disaster.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Barkley as GM would generate some short-term fan interest/excitement among casual fans. But he's not cut out to be a good GM. And on top of that, he's stubborn and belligerent enough that you just know he'd feud with Sarver. It would be a bad mix and would end poorly. I know nobody's advocating for him as GM (other than, perhaps, Barkley himself), but I really think it'd be a total disaster.
He would probably take a pay cut too

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://twitter.com/joearrigo/status/1050104755589021696

The Jimmy Butler saga is getting interesting. Apparently he also yelled at the GM during practice and said, "you f*****g need me, you can't win without me."

So does he want to stay now?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:37 pm

The Jimmy Butler saga is getting interesting. Apparently he also yelled at the GM during practice and said, "you f*****g need me, you can't win without me."

I wouldn't mind trading for Butler, though I'm pretty sure we don't have the pieces to do it. If I could figure out a reasonable way to get Tyus Jones and Butler without giving up Ayton and Booker, I'd be pretty excited.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:14 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:37 pm

I wouldn't mind trading for Butler, though I'm pretty sure we don't have the pieces to do it. If I could figure out a reasonable way to get Tyus Jones and Butler without giving up Ayton and Booker, I'd be pretty excited.
So, there is a belief that you can't have a superstar mesh with your other superstars if there is more than a 4 year difference in age. I don't know if I subscribe to this theory though. I'm sure that Nash was much more than 4 yrs older than Amare, Marion or JJ.

With that said, I would probably try to make a play for Butler, and I would think about giving up Jackson in the trade. I am just not sure that Jackson will ever get to Butler's status, although I very much could be wrong about that I admit. I would try to put a trade together that didn't include Jackson, Booker, Bridges or Ayton and it's possible that I wouldn't even care about the MIL or the Suns own 2019 pick. I mean, how many rookies do you need? They have 5 right now and we want another one next year? Butler and picking up Milos off the scrap heap from the Clippers could definitely push the Suns into the playoffs this year. (I don't think that will really do it in a trade though)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Fuck Butler and his little circus act. Totally planned it out with ESPN. Huge primadonnna

SDC

Post by SDC »

[Butler]Am I being tough on him [KAT] ? Yeah, that's who am I," he said. "I'm not the most talented player on the team. Who is the most talented player on our team -- KAT. Who is the most god-gifted player on our team-Wiggs.Who plays the hardest? Me! I play hard. I put my body(on the line)every day"

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2495 ... mberwolves

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:57 pm
I just listened to the Locked On NBA podcast, and they did a lot of Laker talk. I did hear them say that they hope that the Suns dive quickly so that they release Tyson Chandler so he can join the Lakers and solidify their 2nd string center position. It might be just me, but this annoys the heck out of me. I hear this stuff about buying out Ariza and he hasn't even played a regular season game for the Suns yet too.
I’m not a big Locked On fan. Aren’t they streaming from USC? Those dudes have lame takes and seem like they just started being Suns fans a couple years ago. Chandler doesn’t need a buy out. They’ve said that all summer long. Chandler is a good locker room guy and trade bait for teams looking to shed salary close to the trade deadline.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Anyone catch that Boston is trying to extend Rozier? Hell to the no. No way he extends when he is due for a big paycheck by next summer.

carey

Post by carey »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 pm
Anyone catch that Boston is trying to extend Rozier? Hell to the no. No way he extends when he is due for a big paycheck by next summer.
I don't know. They resigned Marcus Smart and Kyrie is going to get a ton of minutes. How much time is Rozier going to get this year?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 pm
I don't know. They resigned Marcus Smart and Kyrie is going to get a ton of minutes. How much time is Rozier going to get this year?
They're doing it for two reasons. One, out of good faith. If (when) they can't come to an agreement and it's obvious that he's leaving, they can always tell the fans and media that they tried to keep him.

The other reason is that locking him into a reasonable contract enhances his market value because the team that receives him in a trade already has the contract negotiation out of the way. That enables the Celtics to demand more in return if they trade him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 pm
f*** Butler and his little circus act. Totally planned it out with ESPN. Huge primadonnna
+1

I'm thankful for the shit show in Minnesota. At least there's one more dysfunctional organization in the NBA than the Suns.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Would anyone have guessed that Alex would end up shooting the three better than anyone on our team in the preseason?

Was watching Trae Young in action after he hit the game winner and someone else looked pretty good.

If you are interested there is the link.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

EDC wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 am
Would anyone have guessed that Alex would end up shooting the three better than anyone on our team in the preseason?

Was watching Trae Young in action after he hit the game winner and someone else looked pretty good.

If you are interested there is the link.
There was a time during Len's second season when he looked like he could develop a nice jumper, but when he was allowed to actually launch shots, he'd rush them too much and had no accuracy, especially with his feet set (he seemed like a better shooter while in movement, from what I recall). He was not totally devoid of skill, just not enough to justify a #5 pick. And definitely had to play bigger, which was not easy with those hands. It's been said a lot of times that he could end up having a career arc like RoLo, which is still very nice, but as the drafting team at some point you can't avoid to feel like it's not enough and you just want to move on. Wish him well, just no remorse that he's gone.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I liked Alex Len. Just not for our team. I have no doubt had he played under Pop, he would have learned to be a solid center. Some players have to be made into good players under a strong player system. He’s also playing basketball in the wrong era. In the 90’s he would have been great.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Len never had decent coaching here, that and the fact they wanted him to play away from the basket led to his Suns downfall. Should've just let him be tall and get rebounds, ho hum.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.