2018 NBA Playoffs, Third Round (Conf. Finals)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Hermen

Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs, Third Round (Conf. Finals)

Post by Hermen »

Rockets scoring well in the first half.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I didn't have a lot of interest in this playoffs to begin with, but now since we've won the lotto, I probably wont watch another second of it. Will be too busy staring at the draft order.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:Their tax bill alone will be pushing 200 million if they max out Klay and Dray
That's 3rd world team problems, not problems the champs care about. Quit projecting your money issues on them, NYK, Lakers or any high market teams that have shown no worries about money.
Not sure where you got that I'm projecting my money issues on them. They are the ones trying to get Klay to sign a discount deal. I think they Klay should call their bluff and make them pay him his market value.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Glad to see the Rockets get one. Warriors are just bored. This will probably wake them up.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:Glad to see the Rockets get one. Warriors are just bored. This will probably wake them up.
As much of an insufferable Warriors fan as I am, I do agree with you. I think this is going to be a long series, and I don't think Houston is out of it yet at all. I would generally expect it to be 2-2 after the two-game stand in Golden State. And the playoffs needs more competitive series; we've had too many 4- and 5-gamers for my taste.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:Glad to see the Rockets get one. Warriors are just bored. This will probably wake them up.
As much of an insufferable Warriors fan as I am, I do agree with you. I think this is going to be a long series, and I don't think Houston is out of it yet at all. I would generally expect it to be 2-2 after the two-game stand in Golden State. And the playoffs needs more competitive series; we've had too many 4- and 5-gamers for my taste.
I don't think the Warriors are going to lose at home. I think it will be 3-1 after the home stand and then they'll either finish it in 5 in Houston or 6 in Oakland.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:Their tax bill alone will be pushing 200 million if they max out Klay and Dray
That's 3rd world team problems, not problems the champs care about. Quit projecting your money issues on them, NYK, Lakers or any high market teams that have shown no worries about money.
See this is why I believe the l-tax actually produces the opposite of what it's intended. Ultra rich teams will never shy away from spending even if they are punished as repreater payer. The l-tax only scares 'regular' franchises like PHX or OKC.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Boston building a brick pyramid in the first half.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Hermen wrote:Boston building a brick pyramid in the first half.
That’s very appropriate if they plan to bury the King.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Cap wrote:
Hermen wrote:Boston building a brick pyramid in the first half.
That’s very appropriate if they plan to bury the King.
Ha! :D

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Smart had two iso pull-up midrangers at the end of the half. He actually made them, but that's horrible offense.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cavs destroyed Boston. This one wasn't even a fun game to watch; it was over by midway through the 3rd quarter when Boston couldn't put a run together. But I'm glad Cleveland has made it a series. If Boston had gone up 3-0, the series would be effectively over.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

If Curry continues to shoot this poorly GSW better watch out.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It's hard to watch these final 4 teams in the playoffs and think we should take a C 1st overall.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:It's hard to watch these final 4 teams in the playoffs and think we should take a C 1st overall.
I don't really get this argument. There are some 5's that have become outdated but I don't really see them in this draft.

Also, two of the more important players in these series are 5's (horford and Capela)

Do you not think a developed Ayton could play in this series? Bagley? JJJ? Bamba? Carter?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bamba/JJJ yes, because of their defensive abilities. I would question the rest in a series like this. The C's that are doing well can either play on the perimeter, pass, or defend at a high rate. Horford/Capela are super role players, we aren't drafting Ayton to be a role player, and Ayton plays bully ball on offense. Now he might very well be the guy who starts some trend back towards more C heavy basketball, but I doubt it. I also question Doncic in a game like this, he isnt gonna defend anyone. I'd rather move down, get value and pick Bamba.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Pretty telling:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/998332468112441347

Cap

Post by Cap »

you get in trouble trying to do that.
That means you’re not doing it right.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll always respect D'Antoni for what he did in Phoenix, but he's one stubborn SOB and I think it's his achilles heel.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hermen wrote:If Curry continues to shoot this poorly GSW better watch out.
:lol:
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan