Draft Trade Scenarios

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Draft Trade Scenarios

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:What about something along the lines of TJ & 16 for Patrick Beverly and 12?
I think that deal is just throwing away TJ Warren.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote:I would love to get Bamba, even if we draft Ayton.
Agreed. I think they can play together.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Cap

Post by Cap »

INFORMER wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:I would love to get Bamba, even if we draft Ayton.
Agreed. I think they can play together.
I don’t think we can get Bamba. Se necesita una poca de gracia. We don’t have it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I see Bamba as a guy who shoots up the draft board of many teams after they see him in workouts. I wouldn't be surprised if he went as high as second, but not necessarily to Sacramento.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:I convince the Doncic team to force teams to not draft him. This should work as he has the leverage of threatening to stay in Europe for 4 years. Also, this is a great class and positional needs of teams to figure he's not worth the problems.

Then, I target a disappointed Memphis team that dropped to 4th. We know they need cap relief. We know they will be automatically be better when Conley comes back from injury. They also need a lot of young talent at sf and pf. Along with a enticement of rebuilding while not having to tank.

Ultimately, I offer Warren, Chriss, #16 and Mil '19, Phx '20, and possibly Miami '21 picks for #4 and Chandler Parsons.

That actually might be way too much, so it could be paired back a bit. And if Doncic doesn't fall to 4, Young would probably be available and offer less. Young would be amazing too with Booker, Jackson, Ayton, Bender/Chriss and FAs available.

I want to see our version of a Jordan/Pippen with Bird/McHale/Parrish or Drexler/Hakeem or Magic/Worthy/Kareem or Kobe/Shaq. Whatever type of combos that Doncic/Booker/Jackson/Ayton turns into.
If Memphis is “disappointed” that they dropped to 4th, it’s because they were hoping to be in position to draft Doncic or Ayton. If Doncic is available at 4, they grab him, they don’t trade him for cap relief and a pu-pu platter.

Not that “Doncic tanks his way to 4” is realistic in the first place.
I think Bagley to Memphis is actually a perfect match. Same with JJJ and Atlanta.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:I convince the Doncic team to force teams to not draft him. This should work as he has the leverage of threatening to stay in Europe for 4 years. Also, this is a great class and positional needs of teams to figure he's not worth the problems.

Then, I target a disappointed Memphis team that dropped to 4th. We know they need cap relief. We know they will be automatically be better when Conley comes back from injury. They also need a lot of young talent at sf and pf. Along with a enticement of rebuilding while not having to tank.

Ultimately, I offer Warren, Chriss, #16 and Mil '19, Phx '20, and possibly Miami '21 picks for #4 and Chandler Parsons.

That actually might be way too much, so it could be paired back a bit. And if Doncic doesn't fall to 4, Young would probably be available and offer less. Young would be amazing too with Booker, Jackson, Ayton, Bender/Chriss and FAs available.

I want to see our version of a Jordan/Pippen with Bird/McHale/Parrish or Drexler/Hakeem or Magic/Worthy/Kareem or Kobe/Shaq. Whatever type of combos that Doncic/Booker/Jackson/Ayton turns into.
If Memphis is “disappointed” that they dropped to 4th, it’s because they were hoping to be in position to draft Doncic or Ayton. If Doncic is available at 4, they grab him, they don’t trade him for cap relief and a pu-pu platter.

Not that “Doncic tanks his way to 4” is realistic in the first place.
I think Bagley to Memphis is actually a perfect match. Same with JJJ and Atlanta.
In that case they shouldn’t be terribly disappointed about landing at 4.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I've heard Atlanta might really like Bagley

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Would you be willing to take on the Hornets long term money plus Kemba in exchange for Warren/Expirings and moving up from 16 to 11?
I'd be interested. Batum and Marvin are overpaid, but they are useful as they both provide shooting, defense, some IQ and experience. Still, even if they unload a lot of money, I don't think CHA agrees to the pick swap if they are giving up Kemba.

I reaaally want to draft Porter, though, so ideally the move would take place after the draft.

Once TJ is not a ppp contract, I'd explore Kemba-Batum-Marvin for Warren-MIL-Knight-Chandler.

CHA saves 20M+ overall, adds a pick for an allegedly gone Kemba, a proven young scorer and a flyer on a prospect.

PHX would have a rotation of Kemba-Booker-Jackson-Marvin-Ayton, with a bench made of Batum, #16, Bender and Sauce, plus Ulis, Shaq, Daniels, Reed and #31.

And since you are doing all this via trade, you can execute after you have used the available cap space on a FA, which at the moment is about 11M (assuming we renounce to Len, Payton and Peters).

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

PHX would have a rotation of Kemba-Booker-Jackson-Marvin-Ayton, with a bench made of Batum, #16, Bender and Sauce, plus Ulis, Shaq, Daniels, Reed and #31.
See you in the lottery next year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:

Still a lot of factors at play, but there is enough talent there to challenge for a playoff spot.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:

Still a lot of factors at play, but there is enough talent there to challenge for a playoff spot.
And like I pointed, all that could be done after using cap space. And you still have Dudley-Sauce to move in trades.

Anyway, people need to keep in mind that we were the worst team on both offense and defense last season. Being in the fight for the playoffs would be a huge upgrade.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

As folks said in another thread, I think the key to moving up is taking a bad contract. That could come from any team who wants to compete in free agency. Seems unlikely when talking about any specific team, but I bet at least one team shakes things up on draft day.

maybe one of these? They all have problem contracts.

Memphis
NY
Orlando
Cleveland
Lakers
Clippers
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan