Trading Up - Now with a longer title so Cap avoids title length hysteria...:)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Trading Up - Now with a longer title so Cap avoids title length hysteria...:)

Post by specialsauce »

Better trade TJ while that opinion is strong then!

Vladimir_Taltos

Re: Trading Up - Now with a longer title so Cap avoids title length hysteria...:)

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Doncic at 1...Bamba at 3...

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No Bamba

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think the most realistic scenario is the Suns trading up to 11, taking on a bad contract from Charlotte, and probably including Marquese Chriss in the deal. Then the Suns would probably draft Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 pm
Mo Bamba <3
Fixed that for ya.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 pm
Mo Bamba <3
Fixed that for ya.
:lol: :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:54 pm
I think the most realistic scenario is the Suns trading up to 11, taking on a bad contract from Charlotte, and probably including Marquese Chriss in the deal. Then the Suns would probably draft Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
Chriss and 16 for Marvin Williams and 11? I like Shai, but that also kills our cap space this year and next year. It'd have to be a bigger deal and include Kemba coming back for me to be interested

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Hell no to Shai and Sexton...score first PGs, no court vision...f that!! No more Bledsoes!!!! Holiday!!!!!

And No Bamba...are you nuts?

And that aside...if you trade up, you go Doncic and Bamba then...if not you go Ayton and Holiday...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shai has almost an identical assist rate to Holiday, he's much bigger and a better defender. Holiday is a great shooter but I think your misjudging Shai if you think he's Bledsoe.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:02 am
Hell no to Shai and Sexton...score first PGs, no court vision...f that!! No more Bledsoes!!!! Holiday!!!!!

And No Bamba...are you nuts?

And that aside...if you trade up, you go Doncic and Bamba then...if not you go Ayton and Holiday...
Deep breaths man.... relax

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:05 am
Shai has almost an identical assist rate to Holiday, he's much bigger and a better defender. Holiday is a great shooter but I think your misjudging Shai if you think he's Bledsoe.
I'd be careful to tout Shai as a better defender to anyone. He was awful in Kentucky's tourney loss, playing the role of matador while guarding his man in on the ball defense.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I would also be careful to make judgements off one game. I didn't watch their tourney loss, but in the 6 or 7 games preceding it, Shai was fantastic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:47 am
I would also be careful to make judgements off one game. I didn't watch their tourney loss, but in the 6 or 7 games preceding it, Shai was fantastic.
You're right, I admittedly didn't focus on Shai in the previous Kentucky games I watched. I did focus on him in that game as I thought he was someone the Suns may target.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I don't think Shai transforms your offense either as a scorer or as a passer, but he's a guy who can do a little of everything and will be successful playing a role mostly off the ball and as a third option for creating offense.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

No way I would offer Jackson in any trade short of AD. The reason you get draft picks is to pick up players like Jackson. Offering him plus another asset is just silly.

No way that the Grizz could refuse the offer that JCSF posted. And it is probably a bit of an overpay. 3 first rounders seems to be what is needed for an all star. This is more than that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:01 am
I don't think Shai transforms your offense either as a scorer or as a passer, but he's a guy who can do a little of everything and will be successful playing a role mostly off the ball and as a third option for creating offense.
Probably not, he's not a lead guard, but he's got PG skills and is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan. For whatever reason a lot of draft people don't trust his shot, but he shot 40% and his form looks good to me. He's not going to be taking pull up 3's, but I think he'll be a perfectly capable spot up shooter from distance. He's not overly quick, but he uses his length to get into the paint and finish and he's a very smooth athlete. Reminds me a little of a PG version of Brandon Ingram.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

if you are going for a pg at 16 with an offense that Kokoskov runs and the first pick is Ayton, I would go with Shake Milton. If it's Doncic, I would take Jontay Porter at 16 and hope that Milton falls to 31, which is possible.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Probably not, he's not a lead guard, but he's got PG skills and is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan. For whatever reason a lot of draft people don't trust his shot, but he shot 40% and his form looks good to me. He's not going to be taking pull up 3's, but I think he'll be a perfectly capable spot up shooter from distance. He's not overly quick, but he uses his length to get into the paint and finish and he's a very smooth athlete. Reminds me a little of a PG version of Brandon Ingram.
Agreed, except for the Ingram comp. I like Shai, because I like reliable role players. Dunno if I would trade up for him, unless someone wants Chriss.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Milton had a rough combine. I think there is a good chance he lasts until 31, I wouldn't pick him at 16 anymore. Also, I heard Jontay is leaning towards going back to school. He has a lot of work to get his body into NBA shape athletically. Probably a mid to late lotto pick next year if he improves.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 am
Split T wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Agreed, except for the Ingram comp. I like Shai, because I like reliable role players. Dunno if I would trade up for him, unless someone wants Chriss.
The Ingram comp was only in how they use their length to get to the rim and finish.