2018 NBA Finals

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2018 NBA Finals

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:40 am
JustWinBaby wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:10 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:21 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:11 pm

This is where the Pistons would have run him into a Rick Mahorn pick.
There’s no chance he would survive in that era. Little disrespectful s*** would get his ass kicked the first time he tried any of that nonsense

Ain't that the truth. I wonder how tough guy green would have liked being put into the 2nd row by Charles Oakley. I imagine he wouldn't ventured outside with Charles. Thompson and Durant are not much better. Quite frankly if I were Cleveland I would literally turn the rest of this series into a street fight. All the great teams of the past had thugs that took care of business. That is what is needed for these Warriors, probably the only way you beat them. They have the talent and the refs on their side. I would like to see how some of them handle some real rough stuff. That is why I wanted the Rockets to beat them so bad, their attitude. While I have never been a CP3 fan I loved it when he gave that Curry's shimmie move right back at him.

Go Cav's
They'd just go to the FT line over and over and all the Cavs would foul out. Do you guys really want 80's pistons, 90's Knicks basketball to return? The NBA is much better off without thug play
I want them to knock Steph out of the game, yes. He’d come back the next game and wouldn’t do that s*** again.

Instead of the thug play we have these little entitled kids who never struggled a day in their life and don’t know the first thing about respecting your opponent and the game.
I don't like the showboating at all. But I don't ever want to see players attack each other, "knock a player out of the game," getting a player's "ass kicked," etc. That is not sportsmanlike.

I think the league should just make it clear that if you gloat after a shot, you'll get a tech. And then call it on Steph when he dances, on Green when he flexes his muscles, etc.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 am
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

There’s no chance he would survive in that era. Little disrespectful s*** would get his ass kicked the first time he tried any of that nonsense

Ain't that the truth. I wonder how tough guy green would have liked being put into the 2nd row by Charles Oakley. I imagine he wouldn't ventured outside with Charles. Thompson and Durant are not much better. Quite frankly if I were Cleveland I would literally turn the rest of this series into a street fight. All the great teams of the past had thugs that took care of business. That is what is needed for these Warriors, probably the only way you beat them. They have the talent and the refs on their side. I would like to see how some of them handle some real rough stuff. That is why I wanted the Rockets to beat them so bad, their attitude. While I have never been a CP3 fan I loved it when he gave that Curry's shimmie move right back at him.

Go Cav's
They'd just go to the FT line over and over and all the Cavs would foul out. Do you guys really want 80's pistons, 90's Knicks basketball to return? The NBA is much better off without thug play
I want them to knock Steph out of the game, yes. He’d come back the next game and wouldn’t do that s*** again.

Instead of the thug play we have these little entitled kids who never struggled a day in their life and don’t know the first thing about respecting your opponent and the game.
I don't like the showboating at all. But I don't ever want to see players attack each other, "knock a player out of the game," getting a player's "ass kicked," etc. That is not sportsmanlike.

I think the league should just make it clear that if you gloat after a shot, you'll get a tech. And then call it on Steph when he dances, on Green when he flexes his muscles, etc.
Neither is showboating. And one swift hit that is hard enough to send a message will stop all this nonsense immediately and we can get back to just basketball.

These kids think they’re invincible and it’s a problem. They need to be taught a lesson.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Go Cav's

You do get a tech for taunting, but you don't get one for celebrating. As long as you don't direct your enthusiasm at another player, you are free to demonstrate your excitement.

I think that's a good rule. It's not poor sportsmanship to get excited when you make a tough play, but it is very exciting for fans and it makes for great marketing material. Even for you folks who hate the Warriors - it gives you a "reason" to hate them.

Besides, just try to imagine the FUN it would be watching a game where the refs had to catch players acting excited and STOP THAT YOU BAD KIDS. Then we could have these wonderful stoppages of play for the technical FT, and listen to Jackson and Van Gundy debate just how morally corrupt that fist pump was. "Coach, his elbow was more than 3 inches away from his torso on that fist pump, and THAT is a violation of the rules. The refs have to call it according to the rulebook." "Hey, I'm not saying you're wrong, but..." And I would love the ejections in the playoffs when a guy gets his second technical for celebrating after a contested shot to put the team ahead in the final seconds. Or - god forbid - the missed call when a guy should be ejected for celebrating, but he keeps playing well despite his obvious character flaws and wins the game. What a travesty that we have to watch guys play well even though they are excited that they are playing well. I wish we could see this other stuff instead.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:

Go Cav's

You do get a tech for taunting, but you don't get one for celebrating. As long as you don't direct your enthusiasm at another player, you are free to demonstrate your excitement.

I think that's a good rule. It's not poor sportsmanship to get excited when you make a tough play, but it is very exciting for fans and it makes for great marketing material. Even for you folks who hate the Warriors - it gives you a "reason" to hate them.

Besides, just try to imagine the FUN it would be watching a game where the refs had to catch players acting excited and STOP THAT YOU BAD KIDS. Then we could have these wonderful stoppages of play for the technical FT, and listen to Jackson and Van Gundy debate just how morally corrupt that fist pump was. "Coach, his elbow was more than 3 inches away from his torso on that fist pump, and THAT is a violation of the rules. The refs have to call it according to the rulebook." "Hey, I'm not saying you're wrong, but..." And I would love the ejections in the playoffs when a guy gets his second technical for celebrating after a contested shot to put the team ahead in the final seconds. Or - god forbid - the missed call when a guy should be ejected for celebrating, but he keeps playing well despite his obvious character flaws and wins the game. What a travesty that we have to watch guys play well even though they are excited that they are playing well. I wish we could see this other stuff instead.
Where's the like button?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Draymond Green screaming directly at players after an and 1 should get a T. He does it every single time. Just hollerin' for no good reason.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:16 pm
Draymond Green screaming directly at players after an and 1 should get a T. He does it every single time. Just hollerin' for no good reason.
Not a T. An elbow.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

O_Gardino wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:

Go Cav's

Man this is a joke. A fist pump or raising your hands to the sky or yelling in excitement is a celebration. Looking at your opponent and dancing or the other tomfoolery Steph, Draymond and company do after they shoot before it has even reached the hoop is taunting. Forget about technicals for that, it shouldn’t be on the refs to stop it. It’s on the opposing team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:00 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Man this is a joke. A fist pump or raising your hands to the sky or yelling in excitement is a celebration. Looking at your opponent and dancing or the other tomfoolery Steph, Draymond and company do after they shoot before it has even reached the hoop is taunting. Forget about technicals for that, it shouldn’t be on the refs to stop it. It’s on the opposing team.
You're right, they should play better defense

Cap

Post by Cap »

USA Today headline: NBA referees admit that LeBron James should have gotten that foul call

Read the article and it turns out that “that foul call” refers to a play in the 3rd quarter, not the call everybody is talking about.

It’s just USA Today, but still.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And at the refs too. They let him get away with murder.
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:27 pm
And at the refs too. They let him get away with murder.
I am with sauce. I few well placed elbows is what is needed. The refs have been so partial for the Warriors in this series as well as the Rocket series, it is disgusting.

I guess it happens every year in the playoffs. Somehow the officiating always seems different. It is like it is a different game sometimes.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I'm confused, I thought people liked trash talk. How is dancing after a good play different? Both is taunting, one just looks weird. Staredowns are common around the league. Draymond is annoying when he gets into other players' faces and other players do go back at him (see Thompson, in both games). Why the refs put up with his shit I don't know, I don't know what guidelines the NBA gives the refs about technical fouls but if I was a ref I'd give them out like candy.

I get that the Warriors are annoyingly good since they signed Durant and that Curry draining contested 3s on you from all over the floor is infuriating. But you want to beat them up because they are better at basketball? Come on guys.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:02 pm
I'm confused, I thought people liked trash talk. How is dancing after a good play different? Both is taunting, one just looks weird. Staredowns are common around the league. Draymond is annoying when he gets into other players' faces and other players do go back at him (see Thompson, in both games). Why the refs put up with his s*** I don't know, I don't know what guidelines the NBA gives the refs about technical fouls but if I was a ref I'd give them out like candy.

I get that the Warriors are annoyingly good since they signed Durant and that Curry draining contested 3s on you from all over the floor is infuriating. But you want to beat them up because they are better at basketball? Come on guys.
Yeah, I'd like to see them roughed up just a little bit. ;)
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 pm
Hermen wrote:
I'm confused, I thought people liked trash talk. How is dancing after a good play different? Both is taunting, one just looks weird. Staredowns are common around the league. Draymond is annoying when he gets into other players' faces and other players do go back at him (see Thompson, in both games). Why the refs put up with his s*** I don't know, I don't know what guidelines the NBA gives the refs about technical fouls but if I was a ref I'd give them out like candy.

Yeah, I'd like to see them roughed up just a little bit. ;)
Yeah, I liked the good old days. A little come to Jesus moment always seemed to keep law and order on the court. Can you imagine if Draymod Green would have raked Kobe across the face and almost blinded one of them, like he did to Lebron in game one? Then he had the gall to start complaining to the official about the foul call?

Trust me. The great Phil Jackson would have sent one of his thugs out to get retribution or god help him if Shaq would have been in position to run his ass over. Sometimes that is the only way to clean things up with some players.

Celbration is an should be part of the game. Arrogance should not be part of the game.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kinda like the Lakers retaliated when raja clotheslined Kobe?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:30 pm
Raja was ejected from the game and suspended from the next, so he wasn’t presenting a target for retaliation.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:10 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:30 pm
Raja was ejected from the game and suspended from the next, so he wasn’t presenting a target for retaliation.
Fair, but raja was still on the court for a bit. Kobe got up and brushed it off like it was nothing. Which was smart, retaliating is stupid and is never going to be the right move.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hermen wrote:

Give me a break. You should be ashamed of yourself for such an intentional exaggeration of the truth. Rather that or you truly aren’t actually reading what we are saying.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 pm
Hermen wrote:

Give me a break. You should be ashamed of yourself for such an intentional exaggeration of the truth. Rather that or you truly aren’t actually reading what we are saying.
What is an exaggeration here? You said you want them to knock Curry out of a game.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hermen wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 pm
Hermen wrote:

What is an exaggeration here? You said you want them to knock Curry out of a game.
Because he's better at basketball? Really dude?