Summer League 2018

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Post Reply
User avatar
carey
Posts: 9944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Summer League 2018

Post by carey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 pm

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1006630142435737600

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
carey
Posts: 9944
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by carey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Friday, July 6 Dallas Thomas & Mack Center 6:30 p.m. ESPN

Saturday, July 7 Sacramento Thomas & Mack Center 4:30 p.m. ESPN

Monday, July 9 Orlando Thomas & Mack Center 6:30 p.m. NBA TV
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 12473
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Superbone » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Awesome. I was thinking about going to see Ayton :) but now I'm not so sure since they're all being televised and I could watch from the comfort of my home.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am

I'd like to see Bender and Chriss play, but I hope JJ sits it out.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Cap » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 am

I’d like to see Ulis play, but he’s going to be busy teaming up with Wasp to save the world.

That’s major. You can’t forget that.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by bajanguy008 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 am

Those dates gonna be here in no time
What a crazy 3weeks lie ahead with the Draft then guaranteed to have folks probably going bat s*** crazy sigh lol about what they were hoping or felt should have happened to maybe some overreactions in the first weekend of SL :shock:
Brace yourselves and hope we're mostly left smiling
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 4526
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by O_Gardino » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am
I'd like to see Bender and Chriss play, but I hope JJ sits it out.
I would love to see JJ play. I would challenge him to get a layup or an assist on every possession. No jump shots, except for catch and shoot situations where he is open. Establish in his mind that he can get what he wants on the basketball court if he is patient and creative.
SELL THE TEAM
#notank
#sarverout

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 4526
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by O_Gardino » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 am
Those dates gonna be here in no time
What a crazy 3weeks lie ahead with the Draft then guaranteed to have folks probably going bat s*** crazy sigh lol about what they were hoping or felt should have happened to maybe some overreactions in the first weekend of SL :shock:
Brace yourselves and hope we're mostly left smiling
:lol: Make sure your loved ones know how much you care, because this could be aneurysm season for Suns fans.
SELL THE TEAM
#notank
#sarverout

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 4096
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by In2ition » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am

I would love to see Doncic, Ulis, Reed, Jackson, Chriss, Bender, Porter Jr, Peters and Mitchell all out there competing for the Summer Suns. Every one of them has something to prove after last summer and last year.
Let's Go! Enough of this tanking crap. It's time to win.

User avatar
azsportsfan
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 am

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by azsportsfan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 am

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 am
I’d like to see Ulis play, but he’s going to be busy teaming up with Wasp to save the world.

That’s major. You can’t forget that.
:lol:

If he only had a switch...

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 8445
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 am
I’d like to see Ulis play, but he’s going to be busy teaming up with Wasp to save the world.

That’s major. You can’t forget that.
ROFL.

User avatar
Danimal
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Danimal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am
I'd like to see Bender and Chriss play, but I hope JJ sits it out.
I would love to see JJ play. I would challenge him to get a layup or an assist on every possession. No jump shots, except for catch and shoot situations where he is open. Establish in his mind that he can get what he wants on the basketball court if he is patient and creative.
We have a new coaching staff with a focus on player development so JJ needs to play summer league. I’m a believer in that it’s an important place to build some team chemistry. Also JJ still has many areas for improvement like shooting so why not let him continue to work through them and learn our new systems during summer league. Didn’t we all laugh/cry last year when there was that article about how the guys looked great in practice against each other but then crapped themselves in games. Need to put what they did all summer into pracrise against competition even if it’s summer league.

Also if someone has been loafing around all summer, I hope a coach calls them out unlike last year. Chriss turned up as a big fat f*** and the assistant coach who was running our summer league team didn’t mentioned it all. Boo!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm

I just don't want him to pick up an injury. He's too important to lose for any of the regular season.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 5375
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Split T » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

I think Jackson himself said he'd be at summer league. Didn't know how many games he'd play, but he'll be there.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Cap » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm
I think Jackson himself said he'd be at summer league. Didn't know how many games he'd play, but he'll be there.
Maybe like Booker last year. He really wanted to play, but they only let him play a couple of games.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 4096
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by In2ition » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:20 am

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm
I think Jackson himself said he'd be at summer league. Didn't know how many games he'd play, but he'll be there.
Maybe like Booker last year. He really wanted to play, but they only let him play a couple of games.
Wasn't that 2 yrs ago?
Let's Go! Enough of this tanking crap. It's time to win.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 12473
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Superbone » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:20 am
Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm
I think Jackson himself said he'd be at summer league. Didn't know how many games he'd play, but he'll be there.
Maybe like Booker last year. He really wanted to play, but they only let him play a couple of games.
Wasn't that 2 yrs ago?
Yep, he was there just for moral support last year. I was there.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 8445
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:01 pm

I'd want JJ to play. He's still very young and needs the reps. He'd probably dominate, but if so, good, let him dominate for a few games and pull him out.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 4096
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by In2ition » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm

JJ didn't set the world on fire in last year's summer league, nor did he look like a top 4 pick most of the season. He needs this to show off the improvement he's made from last summer and the end of the season. Let's hope he feels that way too, unlike Chriss who felt he'd already arrived and summer league was below him.
Last edited by In2ition on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Go! Enough of this tanking crap. It's time to win.

Online
User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by Shabazz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:11 pm

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm
JJ didn't set the world in last year's summer league, nor did he look like a top 4 pick most of the season. He needs this to show off the improvement he's made from last summer and the end of the season. Let's hope he feels that way too, unlike Chriss who felt he'd already arrived and summer league was below him.
Chriss was so freaking bad last summer league. Whatever he did (or ate) in the 3 months between our season ending and Summer league starting set his career back by 2 years. I feel like by the end of this season he still wasn’t back to where he was and the end of his rookie campaign.

Post Reply