NEW USERS - HOW TO REGISTER!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

NEW USERS - HOW TO REGISTER!

Post by Mori Chu »

Hello, prospective new users! We'd love to have you sign up for an account and post here on the site. Due to heavy attacks by spam users and bots, we have been forced to add an extra step of verification for users creating new accounts. You can create an account, but you cannot verify the account and begin posting until the moderators manually verify your account.

To make an account, here's what you need to do:

- Click "Register" at top-right.
- Fill out the form with your user information and submit it.
- Send an email to mods AT phx-suns DOT net, from the same email address that you used to register your account. In your email, please tell us your site username that you just registered, and tell us that you need us to verify your new account for you.

That's it! Then we mods will promptly verify your new account and you'll be able to start posting on the site. We welcome new users and look forward to talking Suns and NBA with you!

Best,
Marty ("Mori")
site owner and administrator

Nodack

Re: NEW USERS - HOW TO REGISTER!

Post by Nodack »

And don’t forget the doughnuts.
:D

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wait, do only mods get donuts? Or all of us?

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:40 pm
Indy, you haven’t been getting donuts this whole time?

Cap

Post by Cap »

jonh wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Indy wrote:
Dragan brings the donuts. Just check the box scores.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:06 pm
jonh wrote:
Indy wrote:
Dragan brings the donuts. Just check the box scores.
Hiyooo

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Indy wrote:
damnit!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Note to myself: If a user has too many failed login attempts, their account will lock. The only way I can find to clear this is to manually edit the site database. To do this, log in to Dreamhost control panel, click Web sites -> MySQL Databases, find phx_suns_net, click phpMyAdmin, log in, navigate to the phpbb_users table, and edit the user_login_attempts field down to 0.

TOO

Post by TOO »

You should bold and all caps too lol.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:41 pm
You should bold and all caps too lol.
Hooray, you're back!

Goob

Post by Goob »

Hello new user here!

Not sure this is actually an introduction thread or not haha but wanted to introduce myself anyway. Been a fan since the Nash days and currently live in NC where I was born and raised. Also, a teacher,Belgian beer enthusiast, and avid collector of rare books. Anyway, glad to be here and hope we can turn this season back in the right direction.

Thanks!
Tar Heel Suns Fan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Welcome! Any fan of Mr. Bean is a friend of mine.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Goob wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:10 pm
Hello new user here!

Not sure this is actually an introduction thread or not haha but wanted to introduce myself anyway. Been a fan since the Nash days and currently live in NC where I was born and raised. Also, a teacher,Belgian beer enthusiast, and avid collector of rare books. Anyway, glad to be here and hope we can turn this season back in the right direction.

Thanks!
New users! Welcome!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Goob wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:10 pm
Hello new user here!

Thanks!
Greetings
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Welcome, Goob! You said you're a fan since the Nash days. What got you interested in the Suns? Ever been to a Suns game in person?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Welcome aboard Goob!

How'd you find out about the site and have you been lurking/following for any amount of time? Always curious how fans find the board.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:59 am
How'd you find out about the site and have you been lurking/following for any amount of time? Always curious how fans find the board.
FYI, I actually disabled site registration for a while because we had a lot of spam-bots that would create accounts and make spammy posts. I recently re-enabled it, which lets new users in, but I did already see at least one spam post that I had to remove. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't want to close off the board to new users. C'est la vie.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:15 pm
ShelC wrote:
FYI, I actually disabled site registration for a while because we had a lot of spam-bots that would create accounts and make spammy posts. I recently re-enabled it, which lets new users in, but I did already see at least one spam post that I had to remove. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't want to close off the board to new users. C'est la vie.
I banned one as well in General.
"Be Legendary."

Goob

Post by Goob »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:04 pm
Welcome, Goob! You said you're a fan since the Nash days. What got you interested in the Suns? Ever been to a Suns game in person?
Thanks friend!

Pretty simple really how I started watching the Suns. Growing up a lot of my friends were Hornets(And then Bobcats fans and then Hornets again lol) but I never really got into them for one reason or another. However, I did love watching the NBA and when of my friends had an extra ticket to a game in Charlotte against the Suns I said sure, not tbh really caring who won or lost. Welp, I really got into the game and even talked to a couple Suns fans from the local area who were at the game as well, ended up going with my friend with them to a local bar after the game, and just have been following since. How awesome Nash was that night helped too of course lol.

So yeah that was my first time seeing them in person, but of course I go every year they play in Charlotte and due to work saw them play in Orlando a couple years ago.

Hopefully can see them out west sooner rather than later!This season might be a stretch but hopefully next season for sure.
Tar Heel Suns Fan

Goob

Post by Goob »

ShelC wrote:
Welcome aboard Goob!

Thanks friend.

Been lurking for a bit but as is mentioned I couldn't register due to it being locked but am glad I could now that I was able too.
Tar Heel Suns Fan