NEW USERS - HOW TO REGISTER!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: NEW USERS - HOW TO REGISTER!

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:15 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:59 am
How'd you find out about the site and have you been lurking/following for any amount of time? Always curious how fans find the board.
FYI, I actually disabled site registration for a while because we had a lot of spam-bots that would create accounts and make spammy posts. I recently re-enabled it, which lets new users in, but I did already see at least one spam post that I had to remove. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't want to close off the board to new users. C'est la vie.
Thanks again for turning registration back on :) I've been dying for years to get on LOL... Almost made a desperate attempt to reach out on the google doc for posting assignments :lol:

I too have been around a hot minute.... Used to post on the old forum occasionally under "Superman" (I think) and been a lurker since the Cubby days :)

Thanks to everyone who participates and posts on this board and Marty for getting it set up. The amount of knowledge and passion for this team is astounding and keeps me engaged as a fan. This forum truly does have the best Suns fans IMHO.

Thanks,

Chris

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:44 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:15 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:59 am
How'd you find out about the site and have you been lurking/following for any amount of time? Always curious how fans find the board.
FYI, I actually disabled site registration for a while because we had a lot of spam-bots that would create accounts and make spammy posts. I recently re-enabled it, which lets new users in, but I did already see at least one spam post that I had to remove. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't want to close off the board to new users. C'est la vie.
Thanks again for turning registration back on :) I've been dying for years to get on LOL... Almost made a desperate attempt to reach out on the google doc for posting assignments :lol:

I too have been around a hot minute.... Used to post on the old forum occasionally under "Superman" (I think) and been a lurker since the Cubby days :)

Thanks to everyone who participates and posts on this board and Marty for getting it set up. The amount of knowledge and passion for this team is astounding and keeps me engaged as a fan. This forum truly does have the best Suns fans IMHO.

Thanks,

Chris
I'm glad you made it! Welcome back!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Really happy to have you here, Kryptonic. We don't have a huge user base, but I really think this is a special group of Suns fans, and I get a lot of joy out of talking to everybody here each day.

TOO

Post by TOO »

We've got a very steady group that's been here forever, I think it beats most boards out there.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

It really is... It's good to know that you have the same people around for good years as we do the bad years; no bandwagons here :)

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the thread for newbies to introduce themselves but thought I'd go ahead and do it anyway!

I'm a UK based Suns fan and have been loyally following the franchise through its numerous ups and downs since 1992. I've also been an avid follower of this forum since around 2002 (?) and am thrilled to finally get a chance to register and converse with such a passionate and knowledgeable group of fellow fans.

Thanks

Adam

Split T

Post by Split T »

Welcome Adam! Happy to have you

TOO

Post by TOO »

Welcome 🙏
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Welcome! You're at least our second Brit. Which reminds me, we haven't seen EnglandSun for quite a while!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:31 pm
Hi

I'm not sure if this is the thread for newbies to introduce themselves but thought I'd go ahead and do it anyway!

I'm a UK based Suns fan and have been loyally following the franchise through its numerous ups and downs since 1992. I've also been an avid follower of this forum since around 2002 (?) and am thrilled to finally get a chance to register and converse with such a passionate and knowledgeable group of fellow fans.

Thanks

Adam
Welcome!! Great to have you here.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:31 pm
Hi

Thanks

Adam
Welcome! Love all the new blood. Please post often.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's great to be here :) . I'll try to post as often as I can!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Welcome Kryptonic & Adam!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:30 am
Thanks! Feels good to be a part of the "cool kids club" finally :)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:37 am
In2ition wrote:
Who's gonna tell him?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:42 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:37 am
In2ition wrote:
Who's gonna tell him?
Not until after I get my donuts.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sorry that the site went out yesterday. I didn't touch anything on my side; must have been some kind of cloud infrastructure outage. Every time it goes out, I email the hosting provider (DreamHost) to let them know, and I get a generic email back. Eventually they fix it. So it goes.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:25 am
Sorry that the site went out yesterday. I didn't touch anything on my side; must have been some kind of cloud infrastructure outage. Every time it goes out, I email the hosting provider (DreamHost) to let them know, and I get a generic email back. Eventually they fix it. So it goes.
All good. Thanks for all that you do.

JNix

Post by JNix »

New user!

Ive been a Suns fan since 1992. Been a silent reader on this board and love talking Suns. Best Suns message board I've found!!
Glad to be here posting!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JNix wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:38 am
New user!

Ive been a Suns fan since 1992. Been a silent reader on this board and love talking Suns. Best Suns message board I've found!!
Glad to be here posting!
Great to see you, JNix! Welcome! Tell us something about yourself. Where you from? What do you do? What are you hoping for from the Suns next year? etc.