Devin Booker Signs Five-Year, $158 Million Deal

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Devin Booker Signs Five-Year, $158 Million Deal

Post by jonh »

I think it makes more sense to put the noun after the adjective:

Cap

Post by Cap »

That’s a goat book. The goat book is:

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

OK, guys. I billyve this joke has run its course.
Last edited by Shabazz on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:35 pm
OK, guys. I billyve this joke has run it's course.
You mean "its course" (see the Suns news thread). :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

My God between this and the grammar dweebs we have officially entered the offseason lol

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:35 pm
OK, guys. I billyve this joke has run it's course.
You mean "its course" (see the Suns news thread). :lol:
Crap! I never make that mistake,

TOO

Post by TOO »

*Groan*
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://arizonasports.com/story/1612480/ ... a-minicamp

Booker growing with his Team USA workouts.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:56 pm
http://arizonasports.com/story/1612480/ ... a-minicamp

Booker growing with his Team USA workouts.
[youtube][/youtube]

Devin looks super gassed in this extended clip but as the article indicates he probably was trying to be in everything over those 3 days.
By the way in a standard (max 3 dribbles) 1v1 drill , I doubt there are many times KD gonna lose with his ridiculous length smh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It was a nice to see Devin finally getting a stop (on Oladipo) and then hitting the jumper over Durant.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/8/13 ... oenix-suns
But the magic of being 21 is how limitless the future can appear and all the different ways that one can navigate it. Booker has set a baseline for his skills in Phoenix and along the way has put up some historic counting stats. Year 4, however, is when his true path will begin to reveal itself. For the first time in his career, Booker has a team with a functioning roster that more or less makes sense at each position. For once, after dealing with three coaches in three seasons, he’ll have one who has the front office’s full support in Igor Kokoskov. He has the outline of the ideal modern basketball player: a 6-foot-6 initiating wing with limitless range on his jump shot and the ability to run the pick-and-roll and spot up in a second’s notice. These are the tools that every team needs to build around. That outline will be easier to spot and embrace once the shock of his $158 million contract subsides.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 am
But the magic of being 21 is how limitless the future can appear and all the different ways that one can navigate it. Booker has set a baseline for his skills in Phoenix and along the way has put up some historic counting stats. Year 4, however, is when his true path will begin to reveal itself. For the first time in his career, Booker has a team with a functioning roster that more or less makes sense at each position. For once, after dealing with three coaches in three seasons, he’ll have one who has the front office’s full support in Igor Kokoskov. He has the outline of the ideal modern basketball player: a 6-foot-6 initiating wing with limitless range on his jump shot and the ability to run the pick-and-roll and spot up in a second’s notice. These are the tools that every team needs to build around. That outline will be easier to spot and embrace once the shock of his $158 million contract subsides.
* except PG

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 am
Superbone wrote:
* except PG
You could argue that the PG position/rotation improved the most this off-season. I know that seems silly, as we would all love a PG that's better than Brandon Knight. I also have a lot of irrational confidence in Harrison and Okobo in that rotation.

I have a question for everyone. I know that the West got better this year, but in a vacuum, how many wins does this year's roster, coaching staff, front office focus have if they were all set in last year's team from the beginning, along with Booker and Knight being healthy all year? I think Igor and the focus on winning every game last year would have added 10-15 wins. Having another year of maturation and improvement from the young guys, along with playable vets at wing and pf, a competent pg rotation and a stud young freak athlete center would have added another 10-15 wins, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
* except PG
You could argue that the PG position/rotation improved the most this off-season. I know that seems silly, as we would all love a PG that's better than Brandon Knight. I also have a lot of irrational confidence in Harrison and Okobo in that rotation.

I have a question for everyone. I know that the West got better this year, but in a vacuum, how many wins does this year's roster, coaching staff, front office focus have if they were all set in last year's team from the beginning, along with Booker and Knight being healthy all year? I think Igor and the focus on winning every game last year would have added 10-15 wins. Having another year of maturation and improvement from the young guys, along with playable vets at wing and pf, a competent pg rotation and a stud young freak athlete center would have added another 10-15 wins, imo.
Please share whatever you are drinking/smoking with the rest of us if you think we will win 30 more games this year than last. :P

Especially when the West got a lot better (except HOU and NOP) and it looks like only Cleveland took a hit in the East.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:48 am
In2ition wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
* except PG

Please share whatever you are drinking/smoking with the rest of us if you think we will win 30 more games this year than last. :P

Especially when the West got a lot better (except HOU and NOP) and it looks like only Cleveland took a hit in the East.
I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear in the post above, but I meant this year's roster and situation into last season.

Do you really think that the signing of Cousins improved GSW? I'm a little skeptical that he comes back anywhere near his previous level or when he even makes it back by. So, you could argue that both the top teams took a little bit of a hit. I totally agree though that the West got even tougher this year.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Got it. Less crazy. Maybe you don't need to share, but I still think +30 wins last season is not likely.

I think just having Curry for more than 50 games will make them better. But I guess that is an assumption that he will play all season.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:14 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:48 am
In2ition wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
* except PG

I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear in the post above, but I meant this year's roster and situation into last season.

Do you really think that the signing of Cousins improved GSW? I'm a little skeptical that he comes back anywhere near his previous level or when he even makes it back by. So, you could argue that both the top teams took a little bit of a hit. I totally agree though that the West got even tougher this year.
If Cousins is half of what he was, he's twice what Pachulia is.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
* except PG

Share the drugs bro. So far the maturation and improvement by the young guys from last season has been zilch, and I’m at a point with them that I’ll believe it when I see it. I have zero faith in Bender or Chriss changing their mentality and I saw nothing from Jackson in summer league to suggest he will be any better than last year. He put up good scoring numbers as a checker and made poor decisions frequently. That did not change in Summer League.

I have hope for Jackson still, but I don’t see him being much different at least to start the year. And I have no hope for the other two dimwits.

I do expect a 10 win improvement just from having better players (Bridges, Ariza, Ayton) and a better coach, not from internal improvement.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
* except PG

Share the drugs bro. So far the maturation and improvement by the young guys from last season has been zilch, and I’m at a point with them that I’ll believe it when I see it. I have zero faith in Bender or Chriss changing their mentality and I saw nothing from Jackson in summer league to suggest he will be any better than last year. He put up good scoring numbers as a checker and made poor decisions frequently. That did not change in Summer League.

I have hope for Jackson still, but I don’t see him being much different at least to start the year. And I have no hope for the other two dimwits.

I do expect a 10 win improvement just from having better players (Bridges, Ariza, Ayton) and a better coach, not from internal improvement.
I think part of the internal improvement comes from having Igor involved with their development. He wasn't intimately involved for a long time before Summer League, but since has had a good amount of time to adjust and direct where they go. I'm being optimistic about this, but I hope that the impact becomes noticeable by the pre-season in each of these guys. Heck, we can't really be much more down on them then we already are.

As far as Jackson, I'm worried about his shot selection a little more than actual shooting. His shot form is a work in progress and it takes time, and sometimes that's time away from pickup games to work on shot selection and decision making otherwise you revert if you haven't established the muscle memory solidly of the new form. The other function of Jackson, and I'm hoping I'm right by this again, is that he was forced into the #1 option role in Summer league and that's really not the role he's going to play this year. It created a little different mindset by him and exaggerated his weaknesses when they were on display. He should look a lot better by even pre-season, imo.